April 5th... Counting the Minutes

Melinda J.
on 3/26/05 1:23 pm - Seattle, WA
Well, it has been a few weeks since I got the good news. April 5th is my date at Virginia Mason Hospital in Seattle, WA with a fantastic surgeon Dr. Richard Thirlby. I had my pre op appointment a few days ago. Unfortunately they found some growth or lump on my liver but the surgeon wants to proceed. He told me he will biopsy this while he is in there. Hmmmm don't know quite what to think about this, but all the same, I am staying focused on my surgery. My employer has told me that they have employment gurantee, but no job gurantee, which has freaked me out a bit, but for now I won't think about that either. I really just want to get on with my future, my new lease on life... to begin to be healthy and live a healthy and normal life not consumed by the obesity that is destroying my body. Wish me all luck. Thanks to everyone for their support. giddy up Melinda Johnson-Dlain Seattle
flattop128
on 3/26/05 6:38 pm - Columbia, IL
Congrats on your WLS date! They must have kept that date for the real important people because that's my date also! ( I heard Elvis has our day also!) I am quite anxious, I pray that your surgery is as smooth as glass and you are 1/2 the person you are now really soon. Can't wait to see ya on the loosing side. God Bless You and your support group!
Brenda K.
on 3/30/05 1:16 am - Marion, IA
Hello, I am also having surgery on April 5th in Cedar Falls Iowa at Satori hospital and am looking forward to it. I am on a liquid diet right now and am hating it. But I know that it will get better. I pray that your surgery will go well. God bless you, your new friend, Brenda
jgreen79
on 3/30/05 9:23 am - Nashville, TN
I am also having surgery on 04/05 at Baptist Hospital in Nashville, TN!! It is amazing that there are so many people that will be doing the same as me on the same day all over the world! I am so excited... not as nervous anymore. Good luck to everyone!!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Is anyone stil posting ?
Hambear · 1 replies · 658 views
Ghost Town
sanguinarythorn · 3 replies · 868 views
Five years!
sanguinarythorn · 0 replies · 751 views
almost five years
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 716 views