Surgery date 4/5/05 in Wichita Falls, TX

Karol K.
on 3/25/05 5:28 am - Wichita Falls, TX
Have my date for 4/5/05. The excitement is building!
Cele W.
on 3/25/05 10:35 am - Eastsound, WA
Congratulations on getting your date set, Karol. You don't have very long to wait. My surgery is also on the 5th - maybe we can compare notes as we take it off. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Cele
Karol K.
on 3/28/05 7:24 am - Wichita Falls, TX
That will be really neat to keep in touch as we both progress. I'll think of you on the 5th!! Let's keep in touch Karol
Mari F.
on 3/26/05 8:02 am - Billings, MT
Good for you Karol, I have mine on the 4th...just one day before you! I don't know, but after I got my date scheduled, I suddenly went a little nuts for a week or so and ate everything in sight! Fortuantely I didn't gain any weight back that I'd already lost, but now I have to work twice as hard to loose the 10% that my surgeon wants us to loose before we have surgery. If you have a moment of madness like I did, just shake it off, and get back on track!! You'll do great, and I'll say some prayers for you from my hospital room as you are having yours done! Mari
Melinda J.
on 3/26/05 1:28 pm - Seattle, WA
Hello Karol... and Mari My surgery date is also set for April 5th in Seattle, WA. I have been like Mari and sort of enjoying the things I figure I won't eat for awhile. I really love steak - and so on March 31, with a little bit of "March Madness" I have invited my family to a nice steak dinner at the Outback Steak House, where I think they make a delicious steak. I told my husband we will be saving a lot of our food budget and he laughed and said "you will be saving because you are the one who pays for all the food anyway" - I wondered if I was crazy wanting to ejoy my sort of "last big meals" the thing for me I am more of a grazing type style. I am trying to kick my Diet Pepsi addiction before going in for the surgery... any suggestions. Good Luck to You Karol... we are only days away now. Melinda
Mari F.
on 3/26/05 10:48 pm - Billings, MT
Hey Melinda! Congrats on your surgery date!! Wahoooo...and Happy Easter!! I was a Diet Coke w/ Lime fanati****il just a couple months ago. It is REALLY important that you give it up before surgery cause you sure don't want to have the caffeine withdrawal headaches along with everything else! I just quit cold-turkey...only way I can do it... I replaced the pop with water, and lots of it! probably about 96 ounces a day! I bought a mug at Wal-mart that has a refreezable ice thing in it, it holds 64 oz of water, so I'd drink that and then usually about another half of it in a day. I also kept some tylenol on hand for those pesky headaches. I'm good to go now, no more headaches or crabbiness!! (boy is my family glad!) Good luck to you..keep me posted on how you're doing! Mari
Karol K.
on 3/28/05 7:38 am - Wichita Falls, TX
I know what you mean! I was just telling Mari about feeling like it's the last supper before the final walk.. I think it's normal, we know we won't be able to have the things we really love (our comfort foods) for a while. It's like stocking up!! Hey I've been reading in the chat rooms/message boards about these sugar free popcicles they have at Sam's. I think they're called Swirls..they're supposed to be the bomb! I guess we'll just have to get all excited about new foods..kinda expand our horizons!! We'll stay in touch.. Karol
Karol K.
on 3/28/05 7:27 am - Wichita Falls, TX
Too late Mari! I did go totally nuts!! Kind of like the last meal before the final walk sort of thing!! Back under control...Prayers all around. Will think of you on the 4th! Good Luck!! Karol
Brenda K.
on 3/30/05 1:27 am - Marion, IA
Hi, I am also having surgery on April 5th in Iowa. I have been on a liquid diet for going on 2 weeks now and it sucks. I am so glad that the date is almost here. I am looking forward to getting slim. I will think of all you on that day. good luck to everyone on April 5th Brenda
Karol K.
on 3/31/05 6:33 am - Wichita Falls, TX
Fortunately, I don't have to be on liquids until Sunday. Sunday morning I have to take the dreaded, "green bomb" and then it's liquids thereafter. I have to be at the hospital at 5:20 a.m. and my surgery is scheduled for 7 a.m. I will think of you on the 5th. Best of Luck to you and as they say, "SEE YOU ON THE OTHER SIDE!"
Most Active
Recent Topics
Is anyone stil posting ?
Hambear · 1 replies · 658 views
Ghost Town
sanguinarythorn · 3 replies · 868 views
Five years!
sanguinarythorn · 0 replies · 751 views
almost five years
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 716 views