Surgery date 4/5/05

ednacoleman
on 3/25/05 3:06 am - Dandridge, TN
I feel the days are going by SOooo fast, I'm a Little pancy.. I've been cleaning windows spring stuff and all, I have dust allergies and now my throat is burning, nasal congestion a little fever. Gee****hats all I need for the up coming surgery. Please remember me in prayer I'm suppose to be dieting , but for the life of me I can't get myself under control. I've cut back but not been strict only lost 3 lbs. Does anyone have any advice on how to lose a little weight before my surgery 4/5th.. Edna
Cele W.
on 3/25/05 10:44 am - Eastsound, WA
Congratulations Edna. Sounds like you have been waiting for this for quite a while. I guess there's something to be said for never giving up hope. Your son will be so proud of you. I also have my surgery scheduled for the 5th. I can't wait. Thoughts and prayers are going your way. Cele
jmorris
on 3/25/05 12:18 pm - Berkeley, CA
Before I got my date, I could not stop eating..and esp sweets and stuff like that. Now, before my date (also 4/5), I am finally able to relax and eat only small portions and mostly protein...getting off the carbs. Drinking protein shakes alot as meal replacement or to fend off hunger. Only a little fruit and no pasta, bread, sweets...the bad carbs. An occasional very high fiber (8 to 10 gr) cereal. Soup to get in veggies. but a low carb soup (7 to 9 gr). eggs..I love eggs. salads..but all in small portions and only 3 meals per day with the only snacks in between a shake or almonds if I am really hungry. Not sure how long I will hold out but I gained at least 15 lbs since the weigh in...maybe even 22!! I have lost 10 lbs in 1 week but that is mostly water and will prob lose only 2 or 3 more...so not enough even to get back to pre-op weighin. Ah well, at least my surgeon doesnt have a policy of must lose first..but he is considering it! Glad I got under the wire. Julia
spraguerl
on 3/26/05 11:41 am - Traverse City, MI
Hi Edna, Just saying hi as we have the same surgery day. You are lucky my doctor puts you on a 2 week 800 calorie diet, no sugar, no fat, no caffeine and high protein. It is all supplements that you buy from them. Dinner is eith er chili or spaghetti, lunch is tomato or cream of chicken soup(not Campbell's either) , oatmeal and protein bars or hot chocolate and jello. I also have some bbq soy nuts. I'm on my 5th day and doing very well. I quit the coffee last Monday. Good luck to you on your surgery. I see my surgeon on Tuesday and I am wondering how much I have lost. I can already feel it. Thanks, Lynn
Most Active
Recent Topics
Is anyone stil posting ?
Hambear · 1 replies · 658 views
Ghost Town
sanguinarythorn · 3 replies · 868 views
Five years!
sanguinarythorn · 0 replies · 751 views
almost five years
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 716 views