Goodbye April 18th date :-(

VelvetMichelle
on 3/23/05 2:28 am - East Brunswick, NJ
Well everyone, it looks like my surgery will most likely be postponed. I thought that the 2 1/2 years of meridia use would do for the 6month dr. monitored diet, but apparently, it wasn't sufficiant SO I'll have to postpone my surgery until I can get at LEAST 3 consecutive months of Dr. Monitored weight loss. DAMN AETNA!!! I'm wishing each and every one of you the best luck with your surgery and a quick, complication free recovery! Peace, Michelle
Amanda B.
on 3/23/05 3:13 am - Harker Heights, TX
Michelle: I am so sorry for your postponement, but from all of the bumps and bridges I have had to cross thus far I have learned to learn from the disappointments, there was a reason that god did not want you to have surgery on that day. And secondly I will definately be thinking about you on the 18th of April, because that's the day I am having surgery. God Bless you, and wish you a quicker surgery date waiting period, and hope the best of luck to you. ~Soon to be loser~ Amanda
Linda D.
on 3/23/05 8:26 am - Walpole, MA
Sorry to hear of your postponement. I know another month seems like a lifetime to you, but it will come. Please keep us informed of your new date. Linda
ng
on 3/23/05 10:21 am - Southwest, LA
Aw, that is rotten! Sorry! 8-(
Patricia B.
on 3/23/05 10:34 am - Sumter, SC
My surgery was postponed about two months due to bad info from a crazy cardiologist. Just take a deep breath and remember that you're only 3 months away from your big day. Keep us posted about your progress. It'll go a lot faster than you think. Remember to stick to the plan and when all the paperwork is done you'll be on the loser's bench in no time! This is one of my favorite poems .... I hope you enjoy it too. "You are your greatest asset, there is nothing you can't do. No one can keep you from dreaming, only you can stop them from coming true.Your achievements are determined by the desire you possess. There is no better feeling than the feeling of success. Believe in who you are. Believe in what you do. It is not a quirk of fate. It's strickly up to you." Wishing you great success and remember ... keep in touch. Patricia N SC
Denise L.
on 3/23/05 9:27 pm - Homeworth, OH
I really feel awful for you. My husband has AETNA and they wouldn't even consider WLS for me so I took a part-time position at the hospital I worked per-diem for (I'm and RN) and my Aultcare Insurance has been great so far. I hope this 2 month delay goes fast for you. I have enjoyed reading your messages and seeing your beautiful smile in your pix! Keep strong You're in my prayers Denise
Rae Ann P.
on 3/24/05 9:43 am - Fremont, MI
AWWWW.... OH I AM SO SORRY. YOU WILL BE IN MY PRAYERS. PLUG AWAY AND KEEP GOING YOU WILL GET THERE, GOD BLESS RAE
Melinda J.
on 3/26/05 1:15 pm - Seattle, WA
OH my goodness... what a disappointment. I am so sorry that they delayed your surgery. All the nonsense that so many insurance companies put us through. Of course some don't even have insurance, and I thank heavens I have it now. I really feel for you, and I am so sorry you have to continue the wait. I will pray that the wait is not long. Good luck and keep us posted. My surgery date is April 5th, just over 9 days away. I am counting the minutes to be honest with you. Godspeed Melinda
Most Active
Recent Topics
Is anyone stil posting ?
Hambear · 1 replies · 658 views
Ghost Town
sanguinarythorn · 3 replies · 868 views
Five years!
sanguinarythorn · 0 replies · 750 views
almost five years
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 716 views