April 18 ! Panic has arrived.

Mari C.
on 3/21/05 5:04 am - Central, PA
Wow - I just got the news the surgery was approved = no problem. Now the panic - I think a small part of me wanted it denied. I know I need the surgery but I am upset at myself for not finding another way to lose the weight - Not a lot of support from family and friends here - I keep asking myself why it is okay to take any drug they offer regardless of the side effects but getting the surgery as " too dangerous and extreme!" I will be crazy till surgery day ! Anyone else this nervous ?? Thanks Mari
Sherry M.
on 3/21/05 5:27 am - Orion, IL
You will be fine. Yes I am nervous to and my date is set for April 4th. I have been having panic attaches just thinking about everything. I know I will be fine, I have never had sugery before. But I do know this is best for me to loose weight and better for my health. Hang in there. If you need to talk, you can email me anytime ok. my address is sherrybear5 at yahoo.com I would love to talk with you. God Bless... Sherry
Amanda D.
on 3/21/05 7:59 am - Walnutport, PA
Congrats on your surgery!! I am very nervous too, my date is set for april 19, but being on this site and talking to everyone and seeing all the before and after pics I think I am more excited now about what the months following this will bring me. Don't worry about support, I know it would be nice to have it from family and friends but you will get alot of it here trust me. My only big supporter is my husband, my mom is not happy but supports me because she is my mom. But I don't worry about that much what i don't get from them i get here, and i know it will make me healthier. Amanda from pa
Rebecca G.
on 3/21/05 8:13 am - Rosedale, MD
It is normal to be very nervous My surgery is april 1 and i been fine up to today i am very nervous now but. I have a lot of suporrt but my dad is not suportive i guess it is because i am his baby and he don't like the ideal of surgery. But you will be fine . Think khow you will feel in the long run. I always say that the pain will be worth it . I am having my surgery at the barix clinic in PA. Rebecca MD
TaraLynn
on 3/21/05 11:11 am - Lee's Summit, MO
Hi Mari, My sugery date is April 18th also. It is perfectly normal to be nervous. If you have had any other type of surgery were you nervous then? So it seems reasonable to think about it now. I am sorry you don't have very much support around you. Sometimes people look at this like an elective surgery and are judgemental. But to me it is not elective it is necessary. I am not healthy and it would seem if I want a better quality of life I need to do this for me. Others are sometimes worried about how they will act around you afterwards especially if they are as food oriented as my family. Their unsureness makes them nervous. There are so many reasons. With my family I have just tried to be there and listen to their concerns without trying to defend my position. They feel heard and I already know what I am going to be doing on April 18th. Good luck hon and anytime you need to talk we are all here. Take care, Tara
Mari C.
on 3/21/05 11:33 am - Central, PA
thank you all for your help. It is good to know that everyone is this nervous. When I get nervous I talk - and if I talk this way to family then they immediately tell me not to do it ! I am in relatively good health considering my weight - knee problems and high blood pressure. my brother died at 46 from heart disease and he was not near as heavy as me - my 46th birthday is april 7 - If he didnt make it how long will i be around. My husband tells me this is screwy logic. I believe that right now i am healthy enough to tolerate and recover from the surgery instead of waiting until I am really down. Best of Luck with all of your surgeries - I know they will all go well. It is amazing where you can find friendship ! Here if you need anything (Central PA) Mari
goffeebean
on 3/21/05 11:03 pm - Lockport, NY
Mari - I am scheduled April 18th too - I just wanted to let you know, you came to the right place for support and if I can help in any way - feel free to e-mail me night or day. [email protected] - We will get through this and we will be better because of it. I truly believe that. Take good care and don't feel alone in your panic - I am pretty jittery myself.....Deep breaths in and out HA HA HA!! Gina
Karen R.
on 3/21/05 3:43 pm - Santa Fe, Tx
Hi Mari, I got the word today too and I am having to take a few breaths here and there. I too am very nervous. I have a good support system for the most part but I'm still anxious. We'll do fine. Huggs, Karen R.
Sugar9
on 3/22/05 12:47 am - Wharton, NJ
Hi Mari, My date is April 5th and I am getting very nervous. However I agree, I took Phen-Fen the gov. said was okay and could have had major issues. I had lazer eye surgery. I am thinking if I can look right at my eyes getting surgery,then this should be a piece of cake, go to sleep and wake up with it done. I am not on any pre-op diet and the dr. said I didn't need it. I am wondering if I should stop eating all my "last meals". I think I might be 10lbs. heavier by surgery if I don't stop all the foods that got me this way in the first place. Debbie
Linda D.
on 3/22/05 10:26 am - Walpole, MA
H Mari. I am also having surgery on April 18, and am very nervous. I have had 4 C-sections and a gall bladder operation, but I am still shaky about this because I am so much bigger and sicker now. I am also nervous about post-op, especially the different food stages we have to go through. Will I drink all my water, eat when I need to, make good choices when I finally get to choose what to eat? I know my obestiyhelp friends are here for me though, and that means the world to me. I ask silly questions all the time, but nobody makes fun of me - such as, do I have to have my acrylic nails removed. Who would think of that at a time like this? But I got tons of responses and not one of them told me that was a stupid question. Chin up. Take a couple of deep breaths, pray a lot and I'll see you on the "Losing Side" on April 18. Linda
Most Active
Recent Topics
Is anyone stil posting ?
Hambear · 1 replies · 658 views
Ghost Town
sanguinarythorn · 3 replies · 868 views
Five years!
sanguinarythorn · 0 replies · 750 views
almost five years
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 716 views