~!~ What have you eaten today~!~

CaydensNanny
on 3/17/05 2:39 pm - Sweet Home, AL
Id love to have a dozen krispy kremes right about now, but since I saw my surgeon and nutrtionist yesterday I better pass on these and buckle down to some healthy habits NOW, so help me out here... I NEVER eat breakfast or lunch, just coffee and water till dinner and I have to break these habits today and get used to 3 meals a day and 2 snacks like the doc said to do, if I gain 10 lbs before surjury it is his choice whether or not he does my surjury so Im not gonna blow all my efforts to get me where I am today by doing this...Ive only gained 2 since December... Anyone else on a diet pre op? I'll let ya know how I do tomorrow night after work, wish me luck!
ng
on 3/17/05 5:10 pm - Southwest, LA
I ate eggs, a slice of ham, and coffee. Later I had a cup of tea (actually now) and some propell to swallow pills with.
CaydensNanny
on 3/18/05 1:57 am - Sweet Home, AL
You do great! First I gotta get out of bed before 11 to get started. I didnt sleep too well last night, and have a headache today so Ive just had coffee so far today. Now to rush off paying bills before work, so will see how it goes tonight
ng
on 3/18/05 7:29 am - Southwest, LA
Actually, I am not doing as great as you thought, and I had help... LOL. I go all day with pretty much not eating much, then eat when my husband comes in. The help was IHOP (LOL). My daughter started working there. I figure that is one place I may eventually be able to eat afterwards........... eggs and ham & a big go box. My son likes left overs and told me that eh was going to help me out 8-> AFter surgery, I am sure that the lack of a meal will be enough to make me sip, sip, sip........ substituting a shake for coffee or water won't be that hard. Unless the taste is bad, of course.
CaydensNanny
on 3/18/05 2:06 pm - Sweet Home, AL
Try the Atkins Advantage shakes already made, not the powder. I like the chocolate, and the strawberry the vanilla is N A S T Y.. My problem is I do not get up until 11:30 or 12 each day. I wor****il almost MN, most nights and do not wind down for sleep until 2 or 3 in the morning...Im going to try to get in bed tonite before 1 am and try to do better tomorrow. I did grab a tuna sandwich on multi grain bread for lunch from our health food store/deli and went to Applebees for dinner, had the orange chicken skillet with steamed veggies and rice. Didnt eat the rice, only half of the chicken and veggies, will eat the other half for lunch tomorrow. Maybe it will be a better day...LOL
ng
on 3/19/05 10:49 am - Southwest, LA
Evening, I keep crazy hours too lately. I cannot get anything done while the family is awake, so I end up cleaning after they go to bed..... and sometimes I get on here reading for a good while. I imagine part of that is the PRE-Surgery anticipation thing. Besides I enjoy the people on here and finding about how they did, and what they suggest. Today I had a headache all day long. I got up took medicine and ate a banana. Got up later and fixed coffee drink. Then about an hour ago my husband asked if I would like a Darrells sandwich. Too good to describe. So I ate 1/2, bear in mind that sandwich is what they call them but they are subs--plain and simple. I will be full for years. After surgery a half would provide food for a whole day...... just eating on the meat.... LOL. I will have to get a dog......... so he can eat the yummy bread - so that I won't! Naw, just call my son right before I scoop some meat off and he will scarf it up in a flash.
harleybabe69
on 3/18/05 3:25 am - Fresh Meadows, NY
Hi Sandy, First I would like to say congratulations on your upcoming surgery date. I am going in on April 6 for the Lap Band. I can't wait. As far as your not eating, my suggestion would be: I started Medifast shakes. The chocolate is really good and they are very healthy. If you don't feel like eating breakfast, as is my problem, I drink one shake in the morning very slowly and it helps. I'm not hungry until lunch. See if your health store or nutritionist has any input on some sort of shake for you to drink on the go. Hang in there. Take care and good luck. Roe
CaydensNanny
on 3/18/05 2:12 pm - Sweet Home, AL
Hi Roe Thank you and C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S to you too!!!..... I do have some shakes here already, Im trying to pick which ones I do like, so will try to have one in the morning with my coffee, which I have already cut down on the coffee...IF I can get up before lunch time, my body is used to sleeping late because I work late into the night and do not get to bed before 3 am, Im going to try harder tomorrow. Thankx! Sandy
RobinSweet
on 3/22/05 7:06 am - Long Beach, CA
Congrats on your date! May God Bless the whole process. My date is 4/19. I'm not on a pre-op diet. But I have been binging. I told myself today that I've got to stop. What is happening to me? It's makes me feel afraid that I won't be successful because i'm so out of control. Robin
CaydensNanny
on 3/22/05 3:29 pm - Sweet Home, AL
Robin, My surgeon has not told me to diet before surjury, he just says if we put on 10 pounds between no and then it is his choice wheter or not he does the surjury. He wants us to be committed to making lifelong changes, and I suppose he uses this as a guage to see how well we will comply with surjury. He also said it would be better to shrink the liver (by dieting) before surjury. Ive binged, splurged and pigged out, now Im cacking the whip and getting on liquids tomorrow...Ive gained 6 pounds... Congratulations on your date!!!!!!!!!! Best of luck, Sandy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Is anyone stil posting ?
Hambear · 1 replies · 658 views
Ghost Town
sanguinarythorn · 3 replies · 868 views
Five years!
sanguinarythorn · 0 replies · 750 views
almost five years
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 716 views