Stocking The Pantry

CaydensNanny
on 3/15/05 4:29 pm - Sweet Home, AL
H E L P!!! I havent had my nutritionist consult yet ( go Thursday) so just wondering how I need to stock my pantry for when I come home...what are you guys stocking up on> For me, so far... 1. PROPEL >love this stuff 2. Crystal Light 3. Cases of bottled water 4. SF Kool Aid 5. SF Popsicles (mmmmmmmmm fudgsicles are the best) 6. SF jello (Sam's carry the indivudual serving sizes) 7. SF pudding 8. Experimenting with powder mixes for protein drinks right now... yuk to all so far... 9. Bullion Cubes 10 small cans V8 vegtable juice for week 2... any ideas to add? Feel free to just jump right on in here... Sandy
tammy R.
on 3/16/05 2:41 am - elgin, IL
I am 04/04 also, I can't wait. good luck to you I look forward to seeing your update pics.
CaydensNanny
on 3/16/05 3:23 am - Sweet Home, AL
TY Tammy!!! Best of luck to you too!!! That reminds me to add camera to my hospital list. Sandy
ng
on 3/16/05 6:58 am - Southwest, LA
I just read your profile and you certainly have had a time of it in the last couple of months. Bless your heart, I am surprised that you could sleep with all the things that have been going on in your life. Your stress level must have been high with having to worry about so many things lately. I will pray for you and hope that everything from now on out goes smoothly for you. Oh and about your list, it looks good to me...... LOL.
CaydensNanny
on 3/17/05 1:47 pm - Sweet Home, AL
Nat! LOL.... this stress is just the tip of the iceberg! To top it off, I work in a mental hospital. "One Flew Over The Cucukoos Nest" is mild compared to reality. "Girl Interrupted" came close but still some days it is much worse! Now that would make an eye opening reality TV show, let me tell you!... I still do not sleep well but I saw my doctor today about my leg problems with the study so he put me on Sinemet which I will start tomorrow night, and maybe then I can finally get some rest! Im looking forward to surjury so I can get some sleep, well at least for a day, maybe I also saw my surgeon, and I asked him if he wanted to check out my brain next. I told him I was worried since they seem to find something wrong with every consult I go too, but he said my brain was just fine Hoping and praying the same for you!!! Sandy
Linda D.
on 3/16/05 9:07 am - Walpole, MA
Sandy, What is Propel? And where can I get some? P.S. You have to be the most supporitve person! Everywhere I look on these posts, you are there offering support and just urging us on. Thanks for that.
CaydensNanny
on 3/17/05 2:03 pm - Sweet Home, AL
Linda, Thank you! Im just a list person but deep down I feel we all need as much support as we can possibly get. This is a life changing surjury, and Im gonna need all you guys to lean on in the future!.. Besides, I am a Libra... ... Propel is a product made by Gatorade. It isnt as strong as Gatorade, more like vitamin enhanced spring water with a light (very light) fruit flavor. I gave up my Diet Mt. Dew a month ago and now I love this and Crystal Light! Here are the stats on the Propel... 240 ml serving/8 ounces= 10 calories 0 fat 35 sodium 3 carbs 2 sugars 0 protein 10% vitamin C 10% vitamin E 25% vitamin B6 25% niacin 4% vitamin B12 25% Pantothenic acid I buy it at Wal Mart 99 cents for 33 fl ounces. I am going to limit the amounts of this (post op) because of the sodium which will make you retain fluid, 2 gm sugar doesnt sound like much but given we may not tolerate it ( some will in certain amounts and some wont) Im not going to take any chances, but as a pre op I load up on this very easily, which helps when they get ready to start the IV's to find veins. I had a 33 ounce bottle before my last out pt procedure and they got my IV going with one stick, the nurse asked me if I had anything to drink after MN, I told her no, but did drink 33 ounces propel before MN, she says that was probably the reason it wasnt hard to get my IV going. NOT the fact it was propel but the fact I was well hydrated. I do plan to have another 33 ounce bottle the night before my surjury. Hugs, Sandy
VelvetMichelle
on 3/17/05 2:29 am - East Brunswick, NJ
Hi Sandy! I've been trying to stock up as well. Sugar Free is the key! Also having on hand several different kinds of protein(and money ready to buy more of the ones you like)... apparently after surgery your tastes will most likely change considerably! Also find a fat free or 1% soy milk(in case you become lactose intolerant). Be careful with the propel.... they are VERY good, but VERY high in Sugar content as well. You might want to try Fruit 2 0 or other flavered waters that use splenda/aspertime/sucralose instead of sugar. I'm also getting one of those Magic Bullet blenders(they're small and powerful) for when I'm on pureed. And also find some recipes for cream soups that you can make yourself w/ fat free milk. Other than that I think you have just about the same list that I have. Good luck! Peace, Michelle
CaydensNanny
on 3/17/05 2:16 pm - Sweet Home, AL
Michelle, I see it does have sugar NOW...I wasnt even thinking bout sugar... I copied these from the bottle Im drinking now.. 240 ml serving/8 ounces= 10 calories 0 fat 35 sodium 3 carbs 2 sugars 0 protein 10% vitamin C 10% vitamin E 25% vitamin B6 25% niacin 4% vitamin B12 25% Pantothenic acid I saw my surgeon and nutritionist today. The nutritionist said we would be given propel if we wanted it, in the hospital but at only 2 ounces every 2 hours ( sip, sip, sip in between the 2 hr intervals) I dont think the sugar would be too bad I probably wouldnt be able to finish a whole serving in a day but will watch it, thanks!!!!... I love Fruit 2 O, too and AquaCal which has zero sugar and 100mg calcium and 6 mg vitamin c... I dunno know what to do about the pureed stage, I forsee lots of strained Campbells cream soups for me, or homemade potato one and make some chicken vegtable broth soup, just strain it, still thinking bout this one...LOL....I gotta get a bullet too, do you have to order it or can you find it in a wal mart or target?!... Sandy
ng
on 3/18/05 7:06 am - Southwest, LA
I believe I remember someone on here saying that they bought their bullet at target. I am glad to know that they will give us propell at the hospital. I bought 2 4 packs so I could save the bottles. I figure 4 would be perfect for 64 oz a some ice in them.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Is anyone stil posting ?
Hambear · 1 replies · 658 views
Ghost Town
sanguinarythorn · 3 replies · 868 views
Five years!
sanguinarythorn · 0 replies · 750 views
almost five years
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 716 views