Surgery is scheduled! Mon. April 25, 2005

Beverley
on 3/14/05 6:15 am - Lincoln, IL
I had to have my original surgery date postponed. I am now scheduled and I plan to stay that way! I let it get to me the first time and got scared, so the surgeon and my pcp wanted to postpone it. The only problem was, part of my problem was that I had already waited a year and I worried too much - worried about leaving my job for an extended length of time and what I would come back to. I am not going to let that happen to me again. I need to do this for myself!
lisah
on 3/14/05 10:12 am - fairview, PA
Congrats Beverley. I am scheduled for open on 4/11. I am getting very excited, nervous, etc...Let's keep in touch. Good luck...
Beverley
on 3/14/05 9:52 pm - Lincoln, IL
So you have less than a month before your surgery! Unfortunately I did not find this helpful website until after my original surgery was postponed. It might have made a difference and I could already be done if I had found it earlier. I was experiencing so much fear of the unknown, and this web site has made me understand that the feelings I was experiencing were normal preoperative feelings. Oh, well, hopefully I will be able to go through with it this time. Like I said before, I need to do this for myself. I am not 100 lbs overweight, more like 80 lbs, however, much of the reason I am having this surgery is for the side effect of being able to get off of medications for high blood pressure, obesity, GERD and hypercholesterolemia. Thanks for responding, Lisa...
DDFERRELL1
on 3/14/05 10:04 pm - Muncie, IN
Ongratulations Beverly!! Carry courage on!! The twenty fifth of April will be a wonderful day!! May God continue to bless you on your way... Dave
CaydensNanny
on 3/15/05 2:48 am - Sweet Home, AL
C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S !!!!! Welcome to the club! Feel free to email me anytime you need a shoulder to lean on, or just someone to listen to you. I understand exactly where your coming from, and have just learned to try not to worry, but being the humans we are, this is easier said than done. Best of luck on your path! Sandy
ng
on 3/15/05 4:28 am - Southwest, LA
Good for you and good luck and a speedy recovery.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Is anyone stil posting ?
Hambear · 1 replies · 658 views
Ghost Town
sanguinarythorn · 3 replies · 868 views
Five years!
sanguinarythorn · 0 replies · 752 views
almost five years
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 716 views