Yet another April 4th surgery date!

SterlingHeart
on 3/10/05 9:11 am - OK
Hello everyone I'm Meg Wow... so many of us on Apr 4. I didn't even know this board was here until a couple of days ago. This is the first chance I've had to post since then. I'm very excited and very scared at the same time if that makes sense to anyone. Has anyone had problems with "last meal syndrome" lately? This seems to be an issue for me that is hard to break. So far, I've only been able to cut out obvious sources of sugar as well as caffiene but.... can't keep away from the starchy carbs no matter how hard I try. Any ideas? Best of luck to everyone with their upcoming surgeries. Meg
Barbara S.
on 3/10/05 12:13 pm
Hi Meg, My name is Barbara, and I just discovered this board today. My date is April 18. I sure know where you're coming from with the starchy carbs - I think that will be the most difficult thing for me to cut out also. A friend of mine in Canada who had surgery over a year ago says that eating a high protein food first really helps her to control her carb intake. I guess once you have the surgery, proteins really make you feel full. I hope your surgery goes well and that your hospital stay is pleasant. Barb
CaydensNanny
on 3/10/05 3:13 pm - Sweet Home, AL
Hi Meg Ive been having last meal syndrome for about a month now...LOL.. No joke, my co workers and I have eaten out every night for the last month, and Ive been saying goodbye to alot of unhealthy foods..A co worker is also having this surjury, probably around the same time as I do so we have been saying farewell to everything...Surprisingly have not gained any weight, but this is the only meal I actually eat for the day too. I have managed to stop all diet drinks, carbonated beverages. Instead I freeze 16 oz water bottles mixed with a Crystal Light flavor packet and go through alot of those! The tea flavored peach is good, and the Tangerine Strawberry flavor is AWESOME! The ones that do not come in the "to go" packets I just open a tub of the flavor and divide it between 3 bottles of water, suit to taste and stick them in the freezer. They are alot like a slushie. The only caffeine I actually indulge in is coffee, hate decaf coffee so not sure what I will do about this one yet. I like Propel and I like AquaCal which is also fortified with calcium. Trying to find a protein powder or drink right now, they are all nasty to me, the only one I can tolerate is the Atkins Chocolate Fudge already mixed, 20g protein per serving. Carb Solutions is terrible and I just wasted $$$$$$$ on it... Ive tried the Russell Stover Sugar Free line of chocolates which arent bad at all! Sugar Free Whitmans is great!! I will not induldge in these until much later IF I have a problem wanting chocolate... I have such a sweet tooth, its terrible...I have tried the baked Doritos are they are excellent. Much better than baked Lays chips, very close to the real deal if not better, has maybe 3 g sugar ( If I remember correctly) so a good choice if you just have to have a carb. Im trying to stay away from all junk but if I just have to have something to munch on, Im trying these sugar free versions and baked versions of junk food. Sugar Free Popsicles I do not like! The fruit flavored ones just dont cut it, tried the No Sugar Added fudgesicles and I can eat these without problems, good flavor and texture. Right now, I look for and try as many products made with Splenda I can find and Im finding more and more in the aisles of Wal Mart lately, so just try what you think you might like . Best of Luck! Sandy
Genie Wells
on 3/14/05 11:55 pm - Stillwater, OK
Hi Meg, I am an April 4th person too! I feel exactly like you do. I am soo nervous, but at the same time so excited thinking about a year from now how much my life will be different. I have a good life now, just could be so much better if I actually felt like doing all the things my husband and I like to do. I have been going through that last meal syndrome since I found out I was approved. Not that I have actually eaten like that, but I feel like I need too. I haven't been able to give up caffiene yet. I am going to try decaffienated tea today. Cross your fingers for me! I hope it will be a good substitute. I am from Oklahoma also, having my Surgery in Enid. I will be thinking about you, and wishing you well. Email me anytime! Genie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Is anyone stil posting ?
Hambear · 1 replies · 658 views
Ghost Town
sanguinarythorn · 3 replies · 868 views
Five years!
sanguinarythorn · 0 replies · 750 views
almost five years
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 716 views