Hospital Suggestions

lisah
on 3/10/05 8:30 am - fairview, PA
Hi Everyone, I am having surgery on April 11th. Does anyone have any suggestions to make the hospital stay go easier? I can't believe it is only 4 weeks from tomorrow. OMG!!!
CaydensNanny
on 3/10/05 2:51 pm - Sweet Home, AL
I know it will be here before you know it! Congratulations! ... I started a list of things to take in this thread, hope it helps. http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/surgdate-forums/04-2005/postdetail/369.html?vc=0 Ive heard from other's the more you get up and walk afterwards, the better you will feel. If it is like my tubal I had laproscopically in 82, they pump your tummy full of air and it is rough when you wake up!...I remember PAIN! I also remember asking for my pain medication and when it would take affect, I would get in the halls and wal****il I couldnt move another step. it did help alot with getting rid of that gas, relieving the pain...Im tempted to throw in some Gas X, in my bag but I dont want to do anything unless my surgeon approves of it. This is about the only suggestion I have so far, maybe other's can think of some more to help us all out. Best of Luck! Sandy
Brenda H.
on 3/12/05 8:53 am - Max Meadows, VA
Hi I am having surgery the same day! Do not know what time yet though. back scratcher might be helpfull. What type of surgery are you having? I am having Laproscopic. I will be thinking about ya ! Brenda
lisah
on 3/12/05 11:11 am - fairview, PA
Hi Brenda, Thanks for the e-mail. Backscratcher was a good idea. I can't see my husband doing it for me!! LOL!! I am having Open. We anticipate having a lot of scar tissue because I have had 4 C-sections. Good luck with your surgery. Keep in touch. Lisa
Most Active
Recent Topics
Is anyone stil posting ?
Hambear · 1 replies · 658 views
Ghost Town
sanguinarythorn · 3 replies · 868 views
Five years!
sanguinarythorn · 0 replies · 752 views
almost five years
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 716 views