Im making a list

CaydensNanny
on 3/10/05 2:41 am - Sweet Home, AL
Hello fellow Aprilians Im trying to make a list of everything I need to take to the hospital. I ALWAYS forget something, it is a given, so Im making a list here of things to take. If you have any suggestions or want to add anything, feel free to jump right in.. 1. CPAP machine 2. usual grooming items (shampoo, mouthwash, toothpaste, etc) 3. blow dryer 4. T shirts & sweatpants (I sleep in these anyway) for 3 days (Im suppose to have a 3 day hospital stay provided no complications) 5. socks n undies 6. house shoe 7. robe (Im sure the first day I will stay in those glamourous hospital gowns, exposing my tail to the entire world. Im told I will be walking on day 1 when I wake up). 7. calling card if I need to make long distance calls 8. ????????????????????? any ideas???????????????????? Sandy
lisah
on 3/10/05 8:34 am - fairview, PA
Hi Evening Star, Your list looks great! I just posted asking for suggestions for the hospital. What is a CPAP machine? ALso, my nutritionist told me to take home the "ounce cups" they give you in the hospital. They will make measuring easy once we get home. Good Luck to you!!!! Lisa
CaydensNanny
on 3/10/05 2:27 pm - Sweet Home, AL
Hi Lisa, A CPAP machine is for sleep apnea ( stop breathing when asleep). My surgeon required a sleep study before he would schedule and never in a million years would I have guessed I had sleep apnea! It forces air into me when I stop breathing when asleep, and I have to have it at the hospital. The ounce cups is a good idea, havent even thought of that one. I have my nutrionist visit next week, Im adding that to the list! Thankx! Sandy
SterlingHeart
on 3/10/05 9:44 am - OK
Hey Sandy, here are a few items I'm planning on... I am told that lip balm is a godsend, especially on that first day. I've also heard that drainage issues from the incision(s) can ruin clothing, so I'm planning on bringing items that I won't care about getting stained or possibly ruined. However, I am bringing my favorite set of flannel p.j.'s for check-in/going home in. Journal/pen - so that I can keep track of everything that happens - the good, the bad, and the ugly. Walkman with relaxing music or maybe a good book on c.d. (will help drown out the hospital noise when you need to rest) Air freshener of some type to make that hospital room a little more tolerable. I'd love to borrow my husband's laptop, but doubt that I'll want to use it enough to make it worth the trouble. Meg
CaydensNanny
on 3/10/05 2:32 pm - Sweet Home, AL
Havent thought of some of those either. I did think about air freshner...I use the Oust battery operated air freshner at home, and I love it, so will be sure to pack it too. I did think about taking my meditation tapes, and some Yanni CD's. I have trouble sleeping anyway so maybe my CD of nature sounds , the one with ocean waves roaring and the rain falling, is unbelieveably calming...Thankx for the ideas!!! Best of luck to you! Sandy
Barbara S.
on 3/10/05 12:19 pm
Hi Sandy, Maybe some lip balm, moisturizer, books/magazines, cd player. Best of luck with your surgery. Barb
CaydensNanny
on 3/10/05 2:38 pm - Sweet Home, AL
Oh yes, moisturizer!! I have terribly dry skin and here is a "recipe" given to a friend by a plastic surgeon if anyone wants to try it. She says she whips it together with the electric mixer . I have to make a batch of this and give it a try . Thankx! Best of luck! Sandy This was suggested by a plastic surgeon for dry skin & super healing for scars. 2 - 15 oz Bottles of Equate Brand (Walmart) Baby Lotion 2 - Containers of Fruit of the Earth Vitamin E Cream 9 ozs. of Equate Brand Vaseline Mix together very well. What I do is fill the Vitamin E Cream containers with lotion mixture and store the rest in a tupperware container. I used myelectric mixer to mix mine. It makes it look real fluffy like pink whip cream.
AA
on 3/10/05 3:30 pm - New York, NY
Your list looks good. I've been told to add slippers (in case the hosp. doesn't have those paper ones) & perhaps you'd want to bring deoderant. Best of luck, A.
Susan S.
on 3/11/05 7:00 am - Scottsdale, AZ
These lists are great! I never thought about brining my IPOD until someone mentioned listening to an audio book. Here's a question...I will probably end up calling my doctor, but does anyone have any idea how long they are going to be off work after their surgery? My hospital stay is two nights with out complications, and I think I heard two weeks off work, but I'm not sure on the last part. Thanks, Susan
CaydensNanny
on 3/13/05 4:17 am - Sweet Home, AL
My surgeon said roughly 2 weeks but I could be off as long as I wanted too. I have close to 6 weeks of time so I want to be off for 5 to 6 weeks, still not sure about how long ut defintely taking a month off for sure. Finalize this on Thursday. Sandy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Is anyone stil posting ?
Hambear · 1 replies · 658 views
Ghost Town
sanguinarythorn · 3 replies · 868 views
Five years!
sanguinarythorn · 0 replies · 751 views
almost five years
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 716 views