April 6 -- First day of my new life!!!

Laura W.
on 2/22/05 10:56 am - Louisville, KY
I have been wanting the Lap Band surgery for almost three years. My first attempt was halted by Humana Insurance. They refused to pay this time as well so, I want it badly enough that I'm paying for it myself. I feel like it's an investment in my life span. I'm getting a bit nervous. What if something goes wrong and insurance wont cover it? I try not to think about it but every now and then it creeps into my head. Then I imagine myself in a size 12 and all the bad thoughts go away. Good luck to all!!
shadow
on 2/22/05 11:33 am - Canada
You keep those positive thoughts going.....we all have our worries about one thing or another....that is the normal part of this whole journey. Just keep looking forward and believing that everything is going to turn out exactly how it is suppose to. Best wishes on the new you. Cheri
goffeebean
on 2/23/05 5:04 am - Lockport, NY
Woah Moma! Size 12 !!!! YEAHHHH!!!! - I'm praying to get there too. I bought some "incentive clothes" on E-BAY. One dress size 16, a suit size 14 and a sweater and skirt size 14. I am in a 26/28 and sometimes 30/32 now - so, I have a LONG way to go, but I do try to imagine it all the time. I think I was a size 14 in 6th grade - so, I can't even remember being lower than that honestly. Keep your chin up and know that its all temporary and we are on the road to recovery! My surgery is April 18th - so, you got me beat - Good for you. Look forward to hearing from you on the losing side!!! Take care, Gina
nursekuba
on 2/23/05 7:07 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Size 10 is my real goal, but god, getting to 12 would be wonderful. Getting out of the plus size stores would be great. Since I'm a nurse, I wear scrubs to work all the time. I wear 3x in scrubs and I'm going to keep wearing them til they're falling off of me probably, cuz I don't want to invest too much in work clothes that aren't going to fit for long anyway! I'm going to buy an XL top before my surgery, so I can see when I'm actually small enough to get into them. At that point I might buy more scrubs. I think I have one or two 2x scrub tops around here that didn't get given away, so I can wear them again too. Anyway, good luck to you in April. It seems so close and then again so far away for me.
Amy L.
on 2/28/05 11:42 pm - Rogers, AR
Hi Laura! We have the same surgery date, so I just wanted to say hello and good luck! It will be here before we know it! I hope that as we're on the way to the misses department, we can compare notes and see how each other is progressing! Good luck and *HUGS* Amy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Is anyone stil posting ?
Hambear · 1 replies · 670 views
Ghost Town
sanguinarythorn · 3 replies · 879 views
Five years!
sanguinarythorn · 0 replies · 760 views
almost five years
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 726 views