Surgery 4/27/05-suddenly nervous/scared (Minnesota)

Andrea A.
on 2/22/05 6:52 am - Lakeville, MN
I'm starting to get very nervous about the upcoming surgery. The surgeon will try laparoscopically but more than likely have to revert to open due to scar tissue. I'm so looking forward to FEELING GOOD (eventually-better breathing, etc.) but I'm having anxiety about how I'll feel post-op. I already have antiphospholipid syndrome (autoimmune disease), fibromyalgia & narcolepsy so I'm wondering how exhausted & weak I'll be. I'm also afraid I'll die (I have a hx. of blood clots) even though I'm under the best of care (I'm also an RN). I'm grateful I have a wonderful spouse and a 7 & 9 year old. However, support from anyone here would be so appreciated. I need to sign off now as I'm @ work, but will check for any responses later tonight. Andrea Anderson
Laquanna E.
on 2/22/05 11:28 am - cleveland, OH
I understand how u feel but we have to stay positive ,and support one another in this journey so and dont !!! hugs and kisses!!!
shadow
on 2/22/05 11:29 am - Canada
Hey, I can only imagine because you are an RN it must be worse for you then the rest of us.....You are probably a lot more tuned into the complications. There is a message board here on O.H. that is just for RN,s. You might find that the peer support is helpful, rather then lay support. We all have fears, but I am thinking that with your back-ground it is probably pretty validated fears with your personal experiences everyday. The only thing I can tell you is have faith....and believe that the surgery will help your health, instead of hinder it. My Doc. told me he had one patient on 12 medications and after surgery and weightloss he is now off all 12 meds.....I am in constant contact on a daily basis with post-ops and I can tell you it is like listening to one miracle story after another.....medical people can sometimes be the worst support when it comes to things like this, many want to believe that they are the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree......surround yourself with people who know....not just think they know.....find support....it really sounds like you need strong support of others who have had the surgery and have broken free of thier fat prisons and health prisons....take care...if you want to visit more you can email me at [email protected]. (((Hugs)))Cheri
goffeebean
on 2/23/05 4:59 am - Lockport, NY
Hi Andrea - Just stopped by to give you a big (((((HUG))))) and let you know you are NOT alone in your fears and anxieties. I am 9 days ahead of you for surgery and I am feeling the way you are BIG TIME. I also have Fibromyalgia and CFIDS (Chronic Fatigue Immune Dysfunction Syndrome) as well as Depression, Anxiety, GERD, asthma, sleep apnea, bla bla bla - so much to mention. I would be more than happy to talk with you any time. I too am in need of a little extra support. I have a fantastic husband, but sometimes I think we all have to talk to people who "know from experience" what we have gone through and what we will go through. I am here anytime you want to talk. I also am in the medical field - have been for 13 years, so I know a lot about the body and surgery and trauma, etc - I probably know too much and like someone else pointed out, its not always good to know as much as we do - but, what are ya gonna do! Feel free to e-mail anytime. [email protected] For now, keep your chin up and just imagine all the "positives" a year from now! I can't wait and I will be cheering you on too!! XOXO Gina
shadow
on 2/23/05 5:45 am - Canada
Hi Gina, Have you found local support or meetings to attend. You and Andrea both really need strong support around you. If you need some e-mail support please e-mail away.....I would love to hear from you. Congratulations to you and Andrea on your upcoming surgeries. Cheri e-mail: [email protected]
Karen B.
on 2/25/05 1:21 am - Temple City, CA
You are having your surgery done on my 30th birthday. Don't worry Andrea you will be ok. My mom and my sister had it done and they are doing great. I am scheduled for April 13. I hope I don't offend you but may God bless you in your journey.
Chellesgift
on 3/3/05 7:00 am - Westmont, IL
Hi hon, I am scheduled for April 7th and believe me I am excited, nervous, scared..everything..so I totally understand how you are feeling. I will keep you in my prayers, but you will do fine. It sounds like you have a great support system both at home and medically. God Bless Michelle
Most Active
Recent Topics
Is anyone stil posting ?
Hambear · 1 replies · 670 views
Ghost Town
sanguinarythorn · 3 replies · 879 views
Five years!
sanguinarythorn · 0 replies · 760 views
almost five years
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 726 views