April 27 is My Surgery Date!

Lisa C.
on 2/13/05 7:46 am - O. O. B., ME
Well, at least I now have a date! It seemed as though this day would never come. I thought it would be sooner but my doctor is on maternity leave. She is coming back mid April. So at least I am not her first coming back from maternity leave and I am glad that the appointment is still in April. My son graduates from college on the 15th of May so hopefully I will feel up to things by then. I talked to my son about postponing the surgery until after graduation but he wanted me to go ahead. He is very concerned with my health and wants me to do this whenever I can. My emotions seem to bounce back and forth now. From other posts I guess this is normal. I know I need to do this since I have the liver problems, diabetes and just recently told that my kidney functions are not normal. I just hope everything goes smoothly and no complications!
shadow
on 2/13/05 8:19 am - Canada
Welcome to the April pre-jitters club.....you are definately not alone.....we are all afraid of the complication....With your health problems keep focused on the surgery, this is a gift to yourself and your family.....I have a daughter who has her prom coming up and she has said no turning back on surgery....having you alive is better then not having you at all....maybe you can make your surgery a gift to your son now that you will probably be around long enough to meet your grandchildren...Believe that you will get through this and remember we are here for you .....so keep posting. Cheri
Most Active
Recent Topics
Is anyone stil posting ?
Hambear · 1 replies · 670 views
Ghost Town
sanguinarythorn · 3 replies · 879 views
Five years!
sanguinarythorn · 0 replies · 760 views
almost five years
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 726 views