4/21/05 WOOHOO!!!!!!!! Finally..........

Jessica Reddy
on 2/11/05 1:22 pm - Sandy Springs, GA
I can't believe it. Finally. Its been nearly a year since I first toyed with the idea of WLS. My initial call for a consult was August of 2004. They gave me a consult date of October 18th 2004. I met with the Surgeon that day and have been undergoing a battery of tests ever since. I finished my final test on 1/17/05 then had my gastric bypass bloodwork the following day. I just had my final consult today 2/11/05 and finally got a date. The good news is I am having surgery 4/21/05. The bad news is, it has been discovered that I have type II diabetes probably as a direct result of my obesity. All that will hopefully change soon after I have surgery. I am experiencing a kaleidoscope of feelings right now from eager anticipation, to relief, to anxiety, to downright fear, and everything in between. I know my feelings will level out soon. I don't know if I was more fearful of getting a date today or not getting a date and having to postpone the surgery. Here I am on the hopeful side of WLS and loving it!!! Please feel free to get in touch with me as I am in need of support from others in the same boat. Thank you
lysab
on 2/12/05 6:43 am - Somewhere in lil ole, DE
Congrats Jess!!!! It will all be ok and getting a new life is worth the wait here. I just try not to get too anxious and keep my head straight here. How does your family and close friends feel about your decision you've made?
shadow
on 2/12/05 7:23 am - Canada
Congratulations Jessica....Welcome to the surgical line-up....we are all having these feelings....it is normal....take a deep breath and relax.... your life is about to change for the better.....Cheri
Debra C.
on 2/12/05 9:03 am - buffalo, ny
Hi Jessica! Happy Happy Joy Joy! I know exactly how you feel! I was so ready to get my surgery date (4/11) and once I got the date, I started to have all of these emotions,from happy to scared, relief to scared, I couldnt eat for about 3 days! I put myself into Gods Hands and left it there and I dont have the fear any more. I focus on being healthy again and enjoying life! I started the process about the same time you did, back in Oct. 2004. I've been really busy with Dr.'s appt.'s and testing and blood work. The only thing I have left to do now is my pre-op testing a week before surgery! Last year I didnt take a vacation from work because I spent all of my time at one of my Dr.'s offices ( I see 4 ) So I'm looking forward to going to CA in August for my brother's wedding and I'll be a Grandma in Sept., so I have Blessing Flowing my way in 2005! God Bless Debra
ng
on 2/16/05 4:42 pm - Southwest, LA
Sound like we will be going in and get out just in time to post and tell you of anything you should add to your hospital list that we forgot to bring.... LOL.
goffeebean
on 2/21/05 12:29 pm - Lockport, NY
Jessica!! Congratulations!!! I know getting a date is one of the best feelings and one of the worst feelings ever. That is when my emotional roller coaster really started. It was like YES!!!! FINALLY I can look forward to my new life....and at the same time OH NO!!! What am I doing? I don't think there is an emotion that hasn't come over me. I, like many others have placed it all in the care and keeping of God and that keeps me sane. There is no one better to take care of me - so, with God as the captain of my ship, I can't be steered wrong! You will do great. I am just 3 days ahead of you!!! My e-mail is [email protected]. I would love to talk to you anytime. I, too would like to collect a few WLS friends to exchange experiences and emotions with. For now, take a deep breath and think HAPPY THOUGHTS!!!!!! Gina
Most Active
Recent Topics
Is anyone stil posting ?
Hambear · 1 replies · 670 views
Ghost Town
sanguinarythorn · 3 replies · 879 views
Five years!
sanguinarythorn · 0 replies · 760 views
almost five years
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 726 views