Okay I give up....

shadow
on 2/9/05 11:56 am - Canada
To Everyone, What is on the packing list for the hospital....? Cheri
lysab
on 2/11/05 7:50 am - Somewhere in lil ole, DE
Well this is what I am bringing: 1 soft pillow> I heard that you'll need to hold a pillow against the stomach, due to it being sore in the inside when you move around magazine walkman toiletries robe/slippers/under garments my son's TeddyBear w/ his pic in it and that is it.
shadow
on 2/11/05 8:05 am - Canada
Well Ms. Lysa....you are a great motivator....I love the The Teddy Bear with your son's picture idea, that will be the very best medicine you will get in the hospital.....How old is your son? Have you got good support for your home coming Lysa? I have been told to pack a pair of sweat pants with a soft wide waist band and a big t-shirt for hiding the tubes for the trip home. I was told we maybe larger coming home because of swelling and bloating....eeekkkk.
lysab
on 2/12/05 6:34 am - Somewhere in lil ole, DE
My son is 6 going on 16 lol....He knows that I will be going into the hospital to get healthy. He told me that when I come home, he wants to take care of me...Meanwhile, my Mom and I aren't doing so great and she wants me to do it the old fashion way. I have explained to her that I have been trying to do so for the past 17 yrs and I am depressed of it. So no support there at this time. My other family members and a few friends are being supportive. I think i'll wear me some sweat pants and a big shirt too. I dont like clothes too tight on me especially is my skin is sore.
shadow
on 2/12/05 7:11 am - Canada
Hello Ms. Lysa, Sometimes when people haven't walked in our shoes they cannot understand why we have made the decision in regard to WLS. I think with mom's they get afraid of loosing their children. Your mom will probably come around after she see's how much the surgery has changed your life, and if she dosen't, remember the first person you are doing the surgery for is yourself. I am glad you have your little boy. He sounds like the best supporter you could ask for. Keep tight with the family and friends that are on your side you will need them close. I will most definately become one of your supporters. Take Care Cheri
ng
on 2/16/05 4:32 pm - Southwest, LA
I am sorry that your mom isn't being as supportive as we'd like... but she is just probably afraid of losing you. Be sure and remember you long handle plastic or wooded spoon.......... in case you need help wiping something, or getting something that gets too far away from you.... LOL
lysab
on 2/17/05 6:59 am - Somewhere in lil ole, DE
LOL.... Well how often can you ask your best male friend, to assist w/ your personal needs after major surgery? LOL..... My best male friend who I trust totally, and my ROCK will be on stand by just incase I cant wipe.... lol His reponse was, "I know that we are cool friends and all but, you have just taken our friendship to a level where this man has never been before" lol
Laquanna E.
on 2/12/05 11:40 pm - cleveland, OH
well on my list is my bible,family pics,favorite pillow and blanket,robe,slippers,body wash,lotion ,tooth paste tooth brush comb,brush. hospital stuff is so ruff!! ha ha lol
shadow
on 2/13/05 8:12 am - Canada
Hi Laguanna your stay sounds like a spa weekend haa, haa.....I think your list rocks... Cheri
Most Active
Recent Topics
Is anyone stil posting ?
Hambear · 1 replies · 670 views
Ghost Town
sanguinarythorn · 3 replies · 879 views
Five years!
sanguinarythorn · 0 replies · 760 views
almost five years
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 726 views