What are your worst fears about surgery?

shadow
on 2/8/05 9:21 am - Canada
Hello April friends....I have a hot question for you all....what are your worst fears in going ahead with this surgery? And What is the best things you are hoping comes from this surgery?
Cooter N.
on 2/8/05 1:42 pm
I am scared about complications. I want to feel better and be able to enjoy life the way I used to before all the pain etc. I am only 35 and feel a much older.
shadow
on 2/9/05 11:39 am - Canada
Your miracle transformation is about to happen.... we are all going to be a lot happier and healthier before you know it...you are about to become a young 35 year old....and you are going to love it.
lysab
on 2/8/05 7:15 pm - Somewhere in lil ole, DE
My worst fear is there will be serious complications. I just try not to think about it and let GOD do the rest. I know that I will be in good hands not only with the surgeon but GOD hands as well.
shadow
on 2/9/05 11:41 am - Canada
God has a very wonderful way of taking care of us when we need him most. I will pray that God will guide your surgeons hands and pray that you will have an amazing recovery. On the other side of surgery we are going to live a brand new life....what a gift.
Laquanna E.
on 2/9/05 12:58 am - cleveland, OH
HELLO ALL!! MY WORST FEAR IS COMPLICATIONS BUT I DONT LET IT OVER COME ME BECAUSE MY HEALTH WILL BE BETTER AFTERWARDS AND THAT IS SO IMPORTANT TO ME , WHAT I HOPE TO GAIN IS MORE CONTROL OVER THE BAD HABBITS THAT GOT ME HERE,AND LOTS OF ENERGY!!! I ALSO HOPE I DONT HAVE ALOT OF EXCESS SKIN! THAT SCARS ME MORE THAN ANYTHINGELSE.
shadow
on 2/9/05 11:48 am - Canada
We are all hoping for less skin....You are so right when you say your health is going to improve. You will gain more control....heck we all will.....and I have heard the amount of energy we will get is amazing. We are all facing the same complications and I believe what is gained by having this surgery is worth the risk of complications....starting with the idea of a much longer life to enjoy with the people we love.
Lisa C.
on 2/13/05 7:58 am - O. O. B., ME
My worst fear is of death! I do not want complications either. However, If there are complications, I am hoping I will have the strength to get through those tough times! I to will do my best to let God watch over me He has gotten me this far all I can do is pray he will get me through this. There is so much I want to do after this surgery that I cannot do. The list would be huge. I told my husband I will be like a kid in a candy store. Every time I will be able to do something that I could not do before, I will be all smiles! Many people take so much for granted. When you have not been able to enjoy those things, and then they are given back to you you just want to savor each moment! That is what I want to do. Thank God and enjoy each moment to the fullest!
shadow
on 2/13/05 9:09 am - Canada
I think you are on the right track, when you say "what more can any of us do then trust God". I think being MO only we can understand what other MO's are going thru....MO's are our own group of people on this earth, and we face everyday what many others cannot even begin to understand....but pretty soon we will be on the other side of this journey and we will embrace our second chance and know what it really means to live. Take care Cheri
ng
on 2/16/05 4:54 pm - Southwest, LA
My greatest fear.......... that I will go through all this trouble and pain, not be able to eat anything, throw up, and -->only lose a pound a month................LOL I refuse to worry about the complications. I will make sure that I am in the best shape I can be for the surgery, then put it in God's hands............ keeping us safe is his domain... he is far better able to take care of me during surgery than I will be, so I am going to tell him that I give it over to him, and I am counting on him to keep us safe! Why worry ahead............ most things we worry about never happen, and we wasted all that time worrying when we cannot change the out come anyway. I think I will use my time to worry about things that I can make a difference in........ like muscle tone, vitamins, rest, and so on. I think I will try to lose 10 pounds too.......... give the surgeon more room to work, shrink the organs alittle etc.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Is anyone stil posting ?
Hambear · 1 replies · 670 views
Ghost Town
sanguinarythorn · 3 replies · 879 views
Five years!
sanguinarythorn · 0 replies · 760 views
almost five years
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 726 views