Recent Posts

Pegtrala
on 11/1/05 1:15 am - Beaverton, OR
Topic: RE: Losing again.
Hi Peggy. I agree with you. Since I am recovering from my second surgery and they did not find cancer this time, everyone is so happy for me. I don't think anyone except for maybe my DH realizes how addicted I STILL am to food! I do need a support group, and I know it is going to be up to me to find one. I have thought about going back to Weigh****chers or maybe back to Overeaters Anonymous. I know there is a WLS surgery support group that meets once a month in my town, but I know that isn't often enough. I also think that I am scared that I will regain my weight. After my first surgery when I only had 1/10 of my stomach, I was still able to regain about 15 lbs after I lost 60 lbs initially. This is my second surgery, and I think I won't truly believe I can and will lose the weight until I see myself below 200 lbs. I have lost the 15 lbs. I regained after my first surgery plus about 5 more, but I am really working over this 1-2 lbs. between 209 and 210! I told my DH that I will start believing that I can lose weight when I get to 208 and below. We'll see. Peggy, are you going to a support group? I think I will add that to my task list for this week and really work at finding one. Good luck to you. Let's keep posting. It sure helps me! Peg
Pegtrala
on 11/1/05 12:59 am - Beaverton, OR
Topic: RE: Hi gang...
Hi Lara. I have been wondering how you were doing. Now I know. I hope you are back to running form real soon. Thinking of you. Peg
Larakatya
on 10/31/05 10:41 pm - Twin Cities, MN
Hi sweetie! I've been off enjoying life. . .but now an unexpected spine surgery has me sidelined. Life is incredibly boring in this moment - but I have lots of things I can do - It just takes forever to get them done. I'm losing right now - my precious running musclemass is going flabby because I'm only allowed to go for tiny little walks or visits - like to the grocery store. I'm down almost 10 lbs from where I was (scale said 186 this morning) and I couldn't be more annoyed with it. My calfs were RIPPED before. Now they're slender and flaccid. *meh* I'm lurking about. . .but I've been trying not to let WLS rule my life anymore. Its just a tool, but I was giving it the keys to the store I think. But, I remain fighting the good fight, sip sip sip, chew chew chew, blah blah blah. . . Hugs for my Bethie, ~Lara
Pegtrala
on 10/31/05 3:21 pm - Beaverton, OR
Topic: RE: Plastic Surgery Appeal
Hi Donna. I don't have any words of wisdom. Just wanted you to know that I am thinking about you and praying that they will come to their senses and do the right thing for you. Congrats on the amazing weight loss! Peg
Pegtrala
on 10/31/05 3:19 pm - Beaverton, OR
Hi Beth. I love your pictures on your profile! I'm glad you wrote. I always get a lot of encouragement from what others are doing. I too am trying to kick things into gear again. I still have a ways to go, but also feel like I have come a long ways. I think I need to attend a weekly support group for a while where I can go and be accountable. Anyway, I'm sure there are a bunch of us who are still fighting the good fight. Let's keep going! Peg
Donna Paige
on 10/31/05 8:45 am - Pottstown, PA
Hi Beth! Glad to see you lurking around! Donna Paige
Donna Paige
on 10/31/05 8:44 am - Pottstown, PA
Topic: Plastic Surgery Appeal
Hey have any of you been denied for the Tummy Tuck and had to appeal? I have to write a letter to appeal the decision. They said it was COSMETIC. My breast they approve but my 10lb hanging blob is cosmetic. I could use some help on an appeal letter. I'm getting very discouraged. After losing 187lbs you'd think they could see what a painful and unnatural thing that it is hanging there just getting rash after rash under it. YUCK! 339/152
Peggy Boyd
on 10/30/05 10:02 pm - Antioch, TN
Have you gotten over it? And if so, How? Nobody expects a crack addict to break the cycle alone, but at home they just tell me how great I have done so far and be happy with it. I am still 70lbs over weight.
Peggy Boyd
on 10/30/05 9:56 pm - Antioch, TN
Thank you for responding and letting me know I am not alone. I think another problem is that I moved from health conscience Los Angeles to the Middle of "Feeding you means I love you" country. I will do as you say and try to take it one day at a time. Or at this stage, about five minutes at a time without picking up a snack.
Sue B
on 10/30/05 9:34 pm - WI
I have been MIA alos, I am still here reading ... well sometimes. I don't know what is wrong with me! I am still losing - trying not to & eating everything in site. I feel I am too thin now for my liking, but for my height am in the "normal" zone ... I am 134 on most days & want to be 140 ... so I am going the reverse & trying to eat everything I can when I can to get there. DON'T get me wrong - I am happy for my loss & the life the loss has freed me to have ... I just want to feel "done" with this journey. XOXO Sue 320/134
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 499 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 763 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 699 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 778 views