Recent Posts

ruthdebra
on 11/3/05 2:09 pm - Palm Springs, CA
Topic: RE: Update
Hi Lara - and you are far from the least sexy person on the planet even if you feel you are. Glad to hear that you're healing well but it's very major for you to have to cope with permanent injury. You're so lucky that you had wls or things would be much worse. This way you won't turn into your mother. Isn't that such a common fear? You did a great job about the cookie. I'm sure you know you could have eaten it with no harm done but I'm the same way - it's just not worth it. To me, it's a huge adjustment not wanting to lose any more weight and a hard one to get your head around. Your interest in food will come back but you may not be interested in pies again. That's ok. Not much protein there anyway. I wish sometimes that we could change our heredity but that's not going to happen. Take care, Ruth
ruthdebra
on 11/3/05 1:56 pm - Palm Springs, CA
Topic: RE: Dating again.
I agree with Lara - the timing will be right. Also - if you're self-conscious about any excess skin, I think prior to taking your clothes off would be a good plan. I'm glad you've met someone nice as you sure deserve it. Ruth
donnasmiley75
on 11/3/05 6:08 am - glendale, AZ
Topic: my first 1/2 marathon turning miles into smiles
Hey all I know I haven't been on for a while but i have been very busy well ok as you all know post op I was 295lbs and a size 26 now I am 170lbs and a size 12 and doing great and in january my city in phoenix is haveing a marathon and 1/2 marathon and i am going to run my first 1/2 marathon and I am being suported by our local Phoenix children's hospital so I am running to raise money for the Children and I need as much help as I can get here is a link if you can help http://www.justgiving.com/pfp/Donnasmiley75 I am so excited to run for these children i can now run 5 miles so please help me turn Miles into smiles. every little penny can help with the children.
Larakatya
on 11/2/05 10:28 pm - Twin Cities, MN
**hugs** The healing process is progressing. I'm feeling less and less like the least sexy person on the planet. Thanks for the positive energy you're sending. I'm sending some back for you too. ~Lara
Pegtrala
on 11/2/05 12:29 pm - Beaverton, OR
Topic: RE: Plastic Surgery Appeal
Hi Donna. What did the pastic surgeon say today? I'm glad you have your pictures as documentation. Aren't they worth a thousand words? Peg
Pegtrala
on 11/2/05 12:26 pm - Beaverton, OR
Topic: RE: Dating again.
Hi Dianne. I agree with Lara. I think you will know the right time. The surgery was one of the most important decisions you made in your life. When things turn more intimate, then you can tell him. In the meantime, enjoy, enjoy, enjoy! I am dating a wonderful man. Oh, wait a minute! He's my husband! We've been together almost 38 years...the day after Thanksgiving. I hope you find your Prince. You deserve the very best. Peg
Pegtrala
on 11/2/05 12:20 pm - Beaverton, OR
Hi Lara. I'm so glad you posted. I like to keep track of you and some of the others because you are such an inspiration to me. I never thought I'd tell someone that I am sorry they are losing, but I am. I hope you get back to feeling like your old/new self soon. I must admit that I have been having a bit of a "pity party." I am finally starting to feel up to doing more since my second surgery August 12th, but I have a bum shoulder that has been driving me crazy for over 6 months! I went with my DH to his PCP today. He now is my PCP. Anyway, he prescribed some physical therapy for me. Yay! He asked what I have been doing for exercise, and I told him that about all I have been able to do is walk, but that I want to get back to swimming and hopefully Curves. Most of all, I want to be able to sleep in a normal bed again with my DH. Wish me luck! Anyway, back to you. I am really proud of the way you are taking good care of your body, Lara. You are a strong woman, and I know you will bounce back from this. Do keep us posted. Peg
Pegtrala
on 11/2/05 12:08 pm - Beaverton, OR
Topic: RE: Losing again.
Peggy, I just typed in Overeaters Anonymous Oregon in Google and found a website for my state. I then found a listing of the local meetings and printed out the locations, dates, and times for the OA meetings in my area. I now have no excuse! I am going to look into attending a meeting next week. I can't this week because I am under the weather with a cold, plus we have company coming from out of state on Friday. Let me know what you decide to do. I have gone to OA in the past, and I did find them to be a very caring group. I just wasn't ready to lose weight at the time. I hope I am ready this time. I'll let you know! Peg
Rachelq
on 11/2/05 9:00 am - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Hi Lara, Glad to hear you are one the mend. I know what you mean about precious muscle. I went on a cruise and was almost paranoid about messing up my running routine. (did 2 miles onthe treadmill every other in the cruise gym though). Sorry to hear the back is going to give you trouble. Way to look on the bright side with your wls success. Candy...I ate FOUR Peanut butter cups before I even know what came over me. The candy is out of the house now. Keep feeling better, Rach
Peggy Boyd
on 11/2/05 2:55 am - Antioch, TN
Topic: RE: Losing again.
I am in a support group. We meet the first Thursday of every month. My counsler told me last night that I need more help for my food addiction than she can provide. She is recommending that I seek help from the clinic that specializes in eating disorders. Depending on the chart I look at I need to lose between 70 and 80 more lbs. I fell off the wagon over last weekend and gain back the weight I lost the week before, but I will start over again today. I am thinking about going to overeaters annonymous near my home. Has anyone used this group?
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 499 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 763 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 699 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 778 views