Recent Posts

Larakatya
on 1/3/09 1:59 pm - Twin Cities, MN
Topic: RE: Somewhat OT!
Not OT at all lovely woman!  Good to see your smiling face. 

It's almost a year since my divorce (Feb) and I've spent the year mourning and slowly but surely losing every ounce of my bounce weight.  I'm back down to my goal weight, and will never ever ever again allow the stress of a relationship give me license to abuse my body and gain unnecessary weight.   

Wishing you very well,
~Lara
reenieb
on 12/18/08 5:40 am
RNY on 03/08/04 with
Topic: RE: Up 20lbs Since Lowest from 2004
Hi Mechelle, I hope you don't mind my contacting you, I'm from the March 2004 board and I'm "board hopping" trying to get some help - I lost over 215 lbs. with my original surgery but am now struggling mightily, having gained back 15 lbs. I saw this post of yours and just wanted to know how you're doing and if you were able to get back to basics and regain control of your eating issues - how are you doing? I'd love to chat. I'm in real trouble with the food. Thanks. Maureen
DianneW
on 12/17/08 3:06 am - Louisville, KY
Topic: RE: Somewhat OT!
I had gained up to 165 (down from 342) and I'm back down to 160.  I feel ok at 155.  Of course that may not happen till after the holidays.  Congratulations on your success.

Dianne
M M
on 11/10/08 11:12 am
Topic: RE: Oct08 - 4.5 years post op updates
Hiya girls.

I am so glad to see you posting. 

I'm 'okay.' 

I'm doing good in the weight loss department, I'm at my lowest post op weight.    But, I had a regain.  55 lbs.  WHOA.  There was a baby in there too.  She's two now.

But, I attribute that re-loss  'success' to the epilepsy drugs.  Woot.  I developed a seizure disorder at some point post-op, and it's gotten worse.  I am trying to find a diagnosis, and all I am finding are other RNY'ers with the same sort of problem.  ANYWAY.

KEEP posting.  We need each other.  There is a noticeable lack of longer-term post ops around.

Dedicated
on 11/7/08 9:16 am - Eleva, WI
Topic: Somewhat OT!
I've just come back to the site after being gone for a while.  In March of 2007 I finally moved back to WI from MN and left the 8 yr long abusive relationship I was in.

I was able to do this because of the confidence I gained after having had my wls surgery 4 1/2 yrs ago!  I did something so huge for my physical health, I had to do something huge for my mental health too, so my son & I left and haven't looked back.

I've continued to very slowly lose weight, with a total loss of about 90 lbs.  Which is fine.  I'm happy, I'm healthy and still losing, even if its at a snails pace!

How is everyone else doing?

Ride the Ride!!!   - Tina      
"never make a man your priority when he makes you an option"

Larakatya
on 11/5/08 3:16 pm - Twin Cities, MN
Topic: RE: November Post - 4yrs7mths Update here
Here's my reply to this month's poll:

1. A goal you have for yourself for this month - and thanksgiving season.
I want to bring low glycemically impacting pies to the family thanksgivings I'll be attending - to show my beloved people how delicious a healthy dessert can be.

I also want to get back into a regular cardio workout - aqua jogging in a warm pool is what I want to do!

2. A positive thing about yourself, your life, or your support network.
I am continuing to slowly lose the bounce weight I had put on during the difficult year of my marriage  A smileygram of the divorce process:

I'm down to 207 and am so very grateful for this tool.  Even when my meds make me nauseated, or my meds give me a vast hunger, I'm able to get the right nutrition for my body. 

3. Something you're grateful for
My kitty cat (where's the cat smiley?)- he's been a dear. I'm also grateful that I've been coming out of my depression/grieving process.  I'm starting to feel better emotionally, and I'm starting to draw positive people to me.  I'm hopeful that I'll keep meeting new people, and perhaps even start dating in the not too distant future.

4. What we can do to help you out this month
The best gift for me would be just to have everyone *****ads this, to please take a few moments and make some kind of reply.  Supporting each other is essential, and we're all in this together.  I'm praying for all of you - to conventional and nonconventional deities.

With love and respect to all,
~Lara
Lap RNY 4-1-04
Larakatya
on 11/5/08 2:56 pm, edited 11/5/08 2:57 pm - Twin Cities, MN
Topic: November Post - 4yrs7mths Update here
Hello All of my April 04 Fools! 

We're all still in this together.  How did you all fare through this October?  Did you give in to the candy, or conquer the carb monster this past month? 

I pledge to reply to every poster - it may take me some time - but I'll be checking back regularly through the month.

Please post:
1. A goal you have for yourself for this month - and thanksgiving season.
2. A positive thing about yourself, your life, or your support network.
3. Something you're grateful for
4. What we can do to help you out this month

With love and respect to all on this journey,

~Lara Lap RNY 4-1-04
Larakatya
on 10/27/08 10:02 am - Twin Cities, MN
Hello Dianne!

I hope that this reply finds you feeling healthier every day.  We long timers gotta stick together, and keep supporting each other. 

With love and respect,
~Lara

I'm going to try to remember to keep coming back, and posting at least one post a month for people to update . . .unless this place starts hopping again like back in the day.  ;)
DianneW
on 10/27/08 6:26 am - Louisville, KY
I'm sorry you've been through such a hard time, but I'm glad you are doing better.  My weight is hovering around 160, I'd be happier if it was 155.  Oh well.
Larakatya
on 10/23/08 11:10 am - Twin Cities, MN
Hello there!

You only gained 20lbs. You're not a failure. We're both maintaing a remarkable loss. The more I value myself, the more the bounce dripps off. Granted - now 1lb a month is "amazing remarkable loss" instead of the several dozen lbs a month like the early days of this wls journey.

For me, I knew that Carbs were my problem. Getting back to the basics of Protein Protein Protein helped me have a longer sense of fullness. Protein in, no room for the extra carbs that were helping me to regain.

I'm sending positive energy your way. And - we're always here to listen.
~Lara
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views