Recent Posts

Pegtrala
on 11/14/05 6:35 am - Beaverton, OR
Topic: RE: NEED FOOD SUGGESTIONS!
Hi Luann. Thanks for posting some high protein suggestions. It helps. Peg
tonishappy
on 11/14/05 3:57 am - Greensboro, NC
Topic: RE: New Photos
You look pretty great yourself!!! keep up the good work. I am a native Oregonian!! My mom lived in Beaverton for 19 years. I do miss it some! Toni
Luann S.
on 11/13/05 11:23 pm - Green Bay, WI
Topic: RE: NEED FOOD SUGGESTIONS!
Diane. Congratuations on the increasing weight loss!!! I think it's great!! Here are a few of the High Protein foods I eat: Avacado I cut this in half and eat it raw. Or, you can eat it with veggies. Hummes I also eat this with cut up veggies. Or on low fat crackers/tortilla chips. Chickpeas. These I toss in a bowl, heat and add a little butter. Or, butter flavoring. Fish, Talapia, Salmon, shrimp, etc Carl Buddig Variety of Meats. They have chicken, pastrami, ham, etc. I eat this with no bread and a slice of fat free cheese slices. Goat Milk cheese on cucumbers with Basil leaves. Sometimes, it's hard to have variety in your diet. But, hopefully this may give you some ideas.
DianneW
on 11/13/05 5:01 pm - Louisville, KY
Topic: NEED FOOD SUGGESTIONS!
As a lot of you know I'm struggling to keep up my weight and still loosing. I'm now down to 132. The biggest problem is the long list of foods I can't eat: No dairy - can eat goat's milk No nuts or nut butter including tree and peanut no nitrates - eliminates beef jerky limited carbs - because of reactive hypoglycemia (This leaves me with protien, vegies and fruit mostly.) I need to eat around 2000 calories a day to maintain and I'm having a real problem figuring out what to eat. Any suggestions? Dianne 340/132
DianneW
on 11/13/05 4:58 pm - Louisville, KY
Topic: RE: 3 Months since 2nd Surgery!
Thanks Peg, you look wonderful too. You are an inspiration to us all! Dianne
Pegtrala
on 11/13/05 3:45 pm - Beaverton, OR
By the way, Dianne, you look wonderful! Peg
Pegtrala
on 11/13/05 3:43 pm - Beaverton, OR
Thanks, Dianne. I really appreciate you and your prayers. I know that the prayers of my family and friends have helped to keep me going. I am truly blessed, and I must admit I feel very humbled by the outpouring of love I have received. It makes me have the courage to keep on working to get well. I was able to stand the whole time today at church and help lead the singing. It felt like such a victory. Thank you again for your note and your prayers, Dianne. I'll continue to lift you up in prayer too. Peg
Pegtrala
on 11/13/05 3:37 pm - Beaverton, OR
Hi. Thanks for the note. Yes, I am doing well, and I count each day as a blessing. I think people who have been in my position really do appreciate the little things in life. In fact, I think anyone who has been in OUR shoes knows what a gift this WLS surgery is. It's a chance to live a complete life...one with fewer limitations. We just need to make the most of it. Peg
Pegtrala
on 11/13/05 3:34 pm - Beaverton, OR
Thanks for the note, RAE. Sounds like you and your flat tummy are doing well. Congrats, and I wish you well on your upcoming surgeries. Peg
DianneW
on 11/13/05 12:11 pm - Louisville, KY
Topic: RE: Dating again.
Thanks Janie, I've decided I'm having him over for a quiet dinner this weekend and I'm going to tell him then. It should be a quiet intimate dinner which will make it easier. Dianne
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 499 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 763 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 699 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 778 views