Recent Posts

Sue B
on 11/17/05 6:02 am - WI
Topic: RE: NEED FOOD SUGGESTIONS!
I am gonna keep an eye on this post!! I am still losing as well & NEED TO STOP .. I have you beat, I am down to 130 ... goal was 160 hmmmm when you find the cure to stopping the weight loss let me know! (Never thought I would utter those words in a million years!!) Sue 320/130
Luann S.
on 11/16/05 4:43 am - Green Bay, WI
Girls thanks much. Sorry it took so long to reply, I was having a problem with the 'log in page' lol...... seems like it's all fixed now. I understand how difficult it can be to have high protein foods. I love variety and get very tired of the same things over and over. I'm always looking for new recipe's too. Have a good day !
ruthdebra
on 11/15/05 11:51 pm - Palm Springs, CA
Topic: RE: potpouri of comments
Hi Lori -thanks so much for bringing this up - I am so with you - and have actually bought a few of those size 2 pants and I tell myself I have to make sure they fit. I tell myself that sizes are not really these numbers as women's sizes have changed over the years. I find that I'm afraid of both regain and further decrease of my weight. And some of it is not really on an aware level. I'm going on a cruise on the 27th - and this week I've been maintaining on a lower level as I'm afraid of gaining on the cruise. I had real fears of gaining on vacation in October as I ate far more carbs and indulged in high calorie fruity drinks (with more alcohol than I ever drink.) I'm afraid of being away from my usual exercise program. I know in my head that's silly - 10 days away won't kill me and I'll be walking lots and maybe even using the ship's gym, but the fear is not rational. I do try to balance and eat more on days when I exercise but it doesn't always work. But the past 3 days I've been on the really lower end of my fluctuations and I know that's probably not healthy for me. I'm scared that I've been obsessing, too - and my partner has said that too. Have we become addicted to the process? I'm thinking of seeking a little therapy or finding a better support group. Maybe starting one. Ruth 5'1" 253/126 my goal/115/16 usual weight - 112 today.
DianneW
on 11/15/05 4:55 pm - Louisville, KY
Hi Lori, I can totally relate. I'm 5'7" down to 132 and don't want to loose anymore. But I'm starting to exercise, and still loosing. I sometimes forget to eat and have to remind myself to try and get enough calories to keep from loosing more. I'm wearing a 6 but they are loose. I say I don't want to loose anymore and even would like to gain a few back, because I looked better 20 pounds heavier, but I obsessivly weigh and feel disappointed if the scale goes up and forget to eat. I would watch it - i.e. keep track of your feelings and if they continue talk to a therapist. I think there is definetly a danger of going to far the other way and becoming anorexic. We obviously have eating disorders, how they take shape now will remain to be seen. I'm seeing a therapist once a month and keeping tabs on things. Dianne
DianneW
on 11/15/05 4:47 pm - Louisville, KY
Thanks, the avacodo is a great idea. Hummes is as well. I already eat a lot of meat, but have to watch the nitrates or they give me migraines and can't have cheese, no cows milk. But goat cheese is ok. This helps. Thanks
Pegtrala
on 11/15/05 3:37 pm - Beaverton, OR
Hi Lori. Just wanted you to know that I am thinking about you. No. I don't have the problem you are having. I'm scared that I will gain all the weight back because I can eat again. I've only been out 3 months since my last surgery, and it scares me how much I can eat. There's always something, huh. We just have to take it one day at a time. I do think you look pretty terrific, though. Peg
janiej
on 11/15/05 12:06 pm - Independence, IA
I wonder about this also. I am in 8's (some 10's but they're getting big). I never imagined I would be this size. I'm 5'5 and 135 lbs. I don't want to lose anymore, but I'm also afraid of gaining. Some days I hardly eat anything and it doesn't bother me. Everyone tells me I need to stop losing, but I feel like I'm in control when I don't eat. I can see how this could be a problem for some people. I believe I'll be okay.... you will too. Janie 272/135
lacmike
on 11/15/05 10:55 am - York, PA
Topic: potpouri of comments
I just had to share with everyone some things that I did and how I reacted to them. Yesterday I stopped to fill my gas tank up and I decided to go in and get an oatmeal cookie. (Sheetz has the best homemade cookies) When I went in I saw a bunch of bananas that were 3/$1 and I got them instead. Last week I was trying to kill time after work and between picking my daughter up from work so I stopped at Old Navy to window shop. I saw a really cute pair of black pants there, I tried on a size 6 and they fit but a little big around the waist. I tried on a size 4. They fit. I have been buying 4's and 6's so this is not what is unusual, then I looked at a size 2 and I was not only able to get them up over my bum, but they fit. I can not tell you how that made me feel and it was not happy. It was scary because I was afraid if I bought them I would push myself into being able to wear all size 2's. I do not want to go there, I want to stay a size 4/6. I have been having a hard time with my physical appearance, tonight I was watching TV and all of a sudden I got the urge to go running. I think I would have done it if it was not cold outside. I am getting scared that my weight loss is no longer positive but an obession. Am I the only one feeling this way? Lori 258/138
Rachelq
on 11/14/05 6:48 am - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Topic: RE: 3 Months since 2nd Surgery!
Peg, Thanks for sharing this fantastic news!!! My prayers continue to be with you! Hugs, Rachel
Rachelq
on 11/14/05 6:45 am - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Topic: RE: Whoa Mama.
Wow. Congrats! As far as work. That's a toughy. I did the nocturnal shift for a hotel for about a year. I gained a bunch of weight, developed high blood pressure, and my sleep patterns were way off. But since the baby is gonna be keeping you up anyway...it may work. Good luck. I know how hard it is to work and raise a family! I'll be praying for ya. Rachel
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 499 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 763 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 699 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 778 views