Recent Posts

DianneW
on 12/2/05 1:56 am - Louisville, KY
Topic: RE: Yahoo! APPROVED! YES!
Congratulations. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers on Monday! Dianne
Pegtrala
on 12/1/05 8:40 am - Beaverton, OR
Topic: RE: Yahoo! APPROVED! YES!
Donna, this is great news! I am so happy for you! You'll feel like a new woman when this is all done and you're healthy again. Do keep us posted on how you are doing. Take care. Peg
Donna Paige
on 12/1/05 7:56 am - Pottstown, PA
Topic: Yahoo! APPROVED! YES!
My breast reduction was scheduled for Monday December 5th and I had put in for an appeal for the abdominoplasty. I called and called BCBS who was supposed to have me a decision no later than November 24th and which of course they didn't. I called on Monday and they hadn't even looked at my appeal. I called yesterday and got no anwser. Today I called and they told me that they could not tell me the decision over the phone and they were gonna TRY (mind you not guaranteed) to get the letter out today. Thank God, the lady who does the approvals at Dr. Louis office knew that they could get the information. I finally got the approval for the abdominoplasty at 3:00 today. Nothing like waiting til the last minute. So come Monday I will be having a breast reduction and abdominoplasty. I'm hoping for at a least a 10lb loss from the mass that hangs on my stomach. I was told it's probably between 10-12lbs of fat and skin. I'm looking forward to looking normal again. However my below the waist I will look like Sh*t as they denied my medial thigh lifts. In the future I'll probably be a self pay and get those done but for now I'll just be happy for the procedures that I was approved for. Life is good!
DianneW
on 12/1/05 3:23 am - Louisville, KY
Topic: RE: Gas and bloating with bread
Thanks, I'll keep you posted. Dianne
Rae Smiles
on 12/1/05 3:04 am - Mount Airy, MD
yep, bread or other carbs (pasta, grain based snacks, etc) and sugar cause me gas and bloating problems... Not horrible but not too nice either....my husband teases me about eating sugar while riding in the car....he says that I do it on purpose to make him suffer because he can't escape....LOL Let us know how the nutrionist meeting goes...I am always interested in eating/food ideas. RAE
Pegtrala
on 11/30/05 9:53 am - Beaverton, OR
Hi Dianne. I take Beano with anything that I think might cause gas...pears, beans, salads, etc. Good luck to you. Peg
DianneW
on 11/29/05 8:57 pm - Louisville, KY
Thanks Peg, I do take that when I eat beans, I guess I could try it with other foods as well. Dianne
Pegtrala
on 11/29/05 9:38 am - Beaverton, OR
Hi Dianne. I don't know if this will help you, but I take Beeno if I think I might have a problem with a certain food. I take it with the first bite. So far, so good. Sorry you are still having eating problems. By the way, you look terrific! Peg
DianneW
on 11/29/05 9:07 am - Louisville, KY
Maybe I'll try something lower in fiber. Dianne
lacmike
on 11/29/05 9:02 am - York, PA
Diane, As anything else some days I struggle with bread. I really get sick from the whole grain breads, they just make me feel yukky, so if I want bread, I will eat Italian or toasted. Now, I do not eat it every day, usually once a week and I try to limit it but some days when I eat it, I feel it just sticking in my belly. Lori 258/138
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 499 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 763 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 699 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 778 views