Recent Posts

DianneW
on 12/11/05 3:02 pm - Louisville, KY
Topic: RE: **Saturday Roll Call**
Hi Peg, Thanks for keeping in touch. I got my Christmas shopping done this weekend and cards mailed. Trying to eat enough. Feeling pretty good. Ate to many cookies I baked and got low blood sugar. Yuk. Dianne
DianneW
on 12/11/05 3:01 pm - Louisville, KY
Topic: RE: scheduled for new sleep study
I have to wear a night guard, which my dog has chewed up before as well. Good luck. Dianne
DianneW
on 12/11/05 2:59 pm - Louisville, KY
Topic: RE: time for hernia repair and TT
Good luck with the TT and hernia repair! Dianne
DianneW
on 12/11/05 2:57 pm - Louisville, KY
Topic: RE: I'm Back :)
Sue, Glad the surgery went well, the cruise sounds wonderful. Can't wait to see pics. Dianne
Donna Paige
on 12/11/05 4:42 am - Pottstown, PA
Topic: Update on my BR & TT also constipation ?
Well I had my breat reduction and tummy tuck done on Monday after a 2 hour delay and a 5 hour surgery. I'm finally starting to get semi normal again. Dr. Louis (absolutely adoreable) did a fantastic job on me. He said I had so many scars he was worried about the blood supply in my stomach so he had to do it a bit different than he normally does. I had the Triangle cut looks like an anchor. He told me he had to bevel my stomach somewhat. He also lifted some of my thigh skin as he had to cut a little more of the stomach because of the blood supply. He was so proud of it. He said my hip bones were very prominent and my ribs were sticking out and that my stomach was concave it was so flat. He also said he cinched me pretty good in the waist and that I was gonna have a nice shape. My breast are little smaller than I thought they would be but..such as life. They will probably be around a b cup. They look so darn tiny (never had less than a DD) He said I had lost so much weight there was really nothing but skin in them the consistency was just not there. They are perky however and my nipples are up on the chest. I have a new belly button which kind looks weird since it's not down in a blob of fat. I somehow thought the pannus would have weighted more but he said skin is really not all that heavy. Only took off 6llbs and another l lb of the breast (1/2 a lb each). My skinny daughter told me how great my stomach looked and that I was gonna be more than please with it. I can't wait to see it when all the swelling goes down. Everything is really swelling bad even though I'm wearing these darn girdles. The day after I got my drain out on the way back from my Docs office we were hit by a woman who hit and ran. Mind you my car was totaled only a few weeks ago and we just got the new caravan because someone backed over me. I was thrown in the floor. Talk about some pain. YIKES! BTW, anybody have a cool remedy for constipation? I haven't been able to go since I went early monday morning. I'm getting very worried. I've taken like 4 colace so far and two suppositories and yet nothing over the past 2 days.
Pegtrala
on 12/10/05 1:48 am - Beaverton, OR
Topic: **Saturday Roll Call**
Hi all you April 2004 WLSers. It's another cold but beautiful day here in the great northwest. I'm looking forward to getting together with my family this weekend. My two grown sons live just minutes away from here, and they will be dropping by sometime during the weekend. I have just one Question of the Day (QOD). How are you doing? I'm doing better each day. It's been almost 4 months since my second surgery..August 12th. I'm looking forward to traveling with my DH once I get my shoulders and arms and ribs better. I'm going to physical therapy twice a week, and they are giving me a good workout. Hopefully I will be able to sleep in a regular bed soon so that we can hit the road. I'll let you know! Be kind to yourselves during this very hectic time of year. I hope you have a good holiday season. Keep in touch! Peg
Pegtrala
on 12/10/05 1:40 am - Beaverton, OR
Topic: RE: scheduled for new sleep study
Donna, I hope you sleep right though it! Seriously, I hope they find that you are sleeping like a baby without any apnea. Maybe you need a new night guard and a good hiding place for it away from the dog. Take care. Peg
Pegtrala
on 12/10/05 1:38 am - Beaverton, OR
Topic: RE: time for hernia repair and TT
Hi Donna. I'm so glad you wrote to fill us in on how you're doing. You have worked really hard to get to where you are, and I know this surgery will put the finishing touches on your slim body. I hope you will post how you are doing when you get back home. And Pictures! We will want to see new pictures of the new you. God bless. Peg
Donna R
on 12/9/05 2:12 pm - Paducah, KY
Topic: scheduled for new sleep study
well, I have been scheduled to have my sleep study done again, i have not used my cpap machine since a week after my WLS, but my surgeon wants to make sure it really is gone so on Jan 3rd I get to spend the night in the hospital, My hubby just had the study done this week and he said it is set up really nice. I dont snore anymore but hubby said I drive him crazy grinding my teeth. hopefully someone can tell me what to do about it. I was wearing a night guard, but my dog found it and it became a chew toy... have a great weekend Donna
Donna R
on 12/9/05 2:08 pm - Paducah, KY
Topic: time for hernia repair and TT
well I can't believe how long its actually been since I had surgery. I have lost about 130 pounds and no longer use my cane and have not used my CPAP almost from the start. My insurance had me wait 18 months, lose 100 pounds and stay steady at a weight. well I have done all three, I have maintained 150 since early July. so on tuesday I will have surgery to repair a huge hernia under my sternum plus my surgeon will cut off part of that little sternum bone, it sticks out and you can actually see it. then he will remove as much skin as possible and then head down to where he had to fix a Ventra hernia last April. that one was dangerous and HURT. he is going to removes some more skin and make it taut, then he is going to do something called a Pubic Lift, he will make T shaped incession and pull up that sagging skin in the upper pubic area, he said it will be about a 3 hour surgery I am wearing a size 8 jeans and a Medium top. I can't wait to go clothes shopping once all the swelling goes down. but for now, I bought a few pairs of sweats because I know my jeans won't fit for a while. I have wanted to buy so many cute things I have seen but I have to wait, its no fun to find a neat item and find out its too big and looks too baggy to even wear as a sleep shirt two people who I know will be in the hospital at them same time, i may even get to share a room with one of them, that will be neat to know in advance who my room mate is, plus she is having the same surgery as me... My surgeon is so happy with my results, I passed his expected weight loss. he said I could get to 175 or so, well I am 150 and people have actually said I was getting too skinny. guess I need to bulk up with some muscles... Wish me luck, i will have to stay one night because when I had the other hernia fixed I got a nasty MRSA staph infection and he is going to put me on a IV antibiotic and hopefully not have the same problem Donna 277/150
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 499 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 763 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 699 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 778 views