Recent Posts

MeltingMama
on 12/13/05 8:41 am - A few short miles from my dreamhouse, MA
Topic: RE: Checking in
Glad you are feeling better, Lara... -Beth (yet another name/profile change, sorry) 313/150something?!
wildrose021
on 12/13/05 8:08 am - MN
Topic: RE: cant keep weight stable
i was saying that my weight got down to 115lbs then went up to 136 with alot of effort but now its going back down and i weigh 129. thanks for the advice but i've already added butter back in and carbs if i didnt i would proble be under 100lbs by now.
Rae Smiles
on 12/13/05 1:24 am - Mount Airy, MD
Topic: RE: cant keep weight stable
Hi Christina, I am a bit confused from your post...in your first sentence you mention that you like weighing 135 but later say that you want to get down to 115... But to maintain your weight, and if you have problems eating, how about adding in higher fat meats, add some butter to your steamed veggies, eat a bit of peanut butter....add cheese whenever possible...I developed a dairy tolerance problem, but I can still have butter and cheese. Anyway, please clarify your situation... Best to you, RAE
Donna Paige
on 12/13/05 12:20 am - Pottstown, PA
Topic: RE: Checking in
Prayers are with you Lara! I'm glad to hear that you are getting better! Donna Paige 339/148???????
wildrose021
on 12/12/05 2:48 pm - MN
Topic: cant keep weight stable
i like being 135 any less and my skin is horrible even just losing a few pounds and it makes a big difference so i've been trying to stay at atleast 135 its a healthy weight for my height not to mention if i dont pay attention then i just keep losing. i feel like i think about food more then before my surgery. but sometimes i just dont feel hungry at all my stomach gets easy upset things bother me now that never did like even gross movies. i have to force myself to eat even when im not hungry or i lose weight it goes down so easily now. i had troubles getting in enouph food from the start and it took me alot longer for me not to feel sick on food could it just take me a little bit longer before i even out it been about 18 months now you would think i wouldnt have these problems now anyone else have these problems this far out. i did gain some weight back but i just wants to go back down to 115. i felt horrible and looked pretty sickly any advice on how to maintain without eating all the time. thanks christina
Larakatya
on 12/12/05 7:56 am - Twin Cities, MN
Topic: Checking in
Hi April board, Just checking in to let you know how I'm doing. I trained for and ran successfully the Twin Cities 10 mile race the first weekend of October. Following the run, my back turned on me. What I thought was a garden variety spasm turned to my horror into 3 ruptured discs - one of which causing SEVERE pain and limiting my ability to even walk. I ended up having urgent spinal surgery to alleviate the inflamation on my nerve and hopefully regain use of my leg. I'm happy to say that it was a success. I'm still dealing with pain on a daily basis, but I can feel my leg with only a minor residual numbness. I've just started back to work after about 8 weeks off. I'm on half-time for now. School is on hold - I'm not cleared to lift even 5 lbs (text books are therefore on the list). It is going to be a long road of physical therapy and working to regain my stregnth. My therapist says that if I work hard I could be running again in just under 6 months. I'm taking time to heal - not sure exactly when I am not wanting to work FT and go to school FT ever again. Current plan is to postpone for a couple 3 years and go back when my Fiancee is done with her degree. (she wants to support me!). Through all this - I'm striving to keep a positive attitude. It was very difficult to admit that this semester was a wa**** was much more difficult to realize just how long a recovery this undesired surgery was going to take. The harder information to hear is that my spine has a condition that is degenerative and without intervention on my part it comes with a rather gnasty prognosis. I'm gearing up for quite battle. I'm not going down without a fight. With stregnth training I can likely minimize the chances of a reoccurance. This has been quite a learning experience. I have had wow moments I never anticipated as even possible - such as "Thank God for WLS - I fit into a MRI machine" and "Thank God for WLS - When a thin woman walks into Dr's office saying 'I'm in pain' she's taken seriously, rather than dismissed like I had been for the past 5 years. . . " I've been having a hard time making myself eat, and have been having to tantalize myself into eating. I've got a strong aversion to making a "mistake" (after back surgery, the last thing I want to do is end up throwing up!) I'm not so interested in persuing plastics right now. I've had more than enough pain for the moment. And I'm just not feeling like having another surgery anytime soon. Its been a strange trip these past few months but, one day at a time I'm healing. Wishing all the best, ~Lara 400+/186
Rachelq
on 12/12/05 5:24 am - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Topic: RE: **Monday Roll Call*
Hi Peg, Glad to hear you had a good weekend. 1. I had a crazy weekend. But we went to a neighborhood pot luck and the kids got to see Santa and I got to have wine! 2. Vocal cords 3. Sense of humor
Rae Smiles
on 12/12/05 3:48 am - Mount Airy, MD
Topic: RE: **Monday Roll Call*
1. My husband and I went for a long drive on Saturday...it was so nice to get away and enjoy each other.... 2. When I was a kid, I played the piano, but as a public service, I gave it up... 3. I believe if my friends were asked, my nicest quality would be my sense of humor... enjoy the day... RAE
Pegtrala
on 12/11/05 11:39 pm - Beaverton, OR
Topic: **Monday Roll Call*
Good morning everyone! I hope you all had a nice weekend. Mine was great! I went to the Alpenrose Dairy with my DH (dear husband), son, daughter-in-law, and my 2 grandsons. They have a mini village, sleigh rides for the kids, and Santa! It was crisp and beautiful! Tomorrow marks my 4-month anniversary since my second surgery, and it's so nice to feel better. Okay, are you ready for the Questions of the Day (QOD)? Here they are, and I hope you have a great week. Peg 1. What did you do for fun this past weekend? 2. Do you play a musical instrument? If so, what? 3. What do your friends say is your nicest quality? +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ 1. I played with my grandchildren. 2. I'm a terrible piano player, but I love to sing. 3. I'm told that people think I am kind to others.
DianneW
on 12/11/05 3:05 pm - Louisville, KY
Topic: RE: Update on my BR & TT also constipation ?
I take a prescription called glycolax. It works well for me. Dianne
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 499 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 763 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 699 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 778 views