Recent Posts

Pete282
on 10/1/09 11:49 am
Topic: Stuck Steak and Pouch Pain

Hi All,  I am 5 years out and enjoying the benifits of my R/Y Gastric Bybass.  Ive had food stuck on a couple of occassions but although painfull and very uncomfortable it usually passes in 1-5 hours.  3 times in 5 years so I figure I'm doing ok.  This past Sunday however, I ate a half a filet mignion.  I never eat steak, and it will be a long time until I try it again....    I ended up in the hospital for 3 days.  Two days on pain meds waiting for it to pass and then one day waiting for the scope to make sure everything was ok.    It passed on its own and the Dr said the scope looked fine.  I felt pretty good on Wed but today it feels like someone punched me in the stomach.   It is the first time ive vomited multiple times (8-9) (sorry for that) and first time I had a scope done so I am asking if any of you have experienced severely stuck food, vomiting, and a scope, and if so did you feel pain on the days to follow.  It would also be nice to know how long the pain lasted.  (Sorry for the long post and I look forward to your replies)  Thanks Pete
xflgirl
on 9/17/09 6:06 am - Lantana, FL
Topic: 5 yrs Post Op depression
I had my surgery April 2004.Currently depressed taking Meds but don't seem to be working. Sometimes I just pass my meds without absorbing them. Went to my doctor and she told me there was nothing she could do, that I would have to go back to my surgeon regarding absorbtion problem. Now I have been referred to my primary....... Can anyone Relate? or have any sugestions.
M M
on 6/4/09 10:39 pm
Topic: RE: Food Plan
Yep.  I eat way too much during the day - at night the grazing is worst.

My DH eats mid-nite too.  A LOT.
DianneW
on 6/4/09 10:29 pm - Louisville, KY
I start out good, turkey for breakfast and low fat taco chips.

A salad for lunch with low fat dressing. 

I try and bring two healthy snack to work, but sometimes if I'm having a bad day I go to the vending machine. 

It gets worse as the day wears on.  I've been buying crappy food, like pizza, sara lee, etc.  I'm starving at night and get up and eat in the middle of the night. 
M M
on 6/4/09 3:17 am
How are you eating?

Myself - pretty ****ty.
DianneW
on 6/3/09 9:48 pm - Louisville, KY
I can relate to that. 
M M
on 6/3/09 8:14 am
No.  But, I commiserate.  I'm taking Dilantin, and it's made me a hungry-hippo.
Middlesgirl
on 5/24/09 10:40 am - Lansing, MI
Topic: RE: 5 Years - Roll Call!
Wow, I can't believe it has been 5 years already! It's great to see familiar faces out here. I started at 346 and am now right around 160. Happy about that? Not really. I was down to 135, but at 5'10", everyone convinced me I was too thin. It's really strange. At home, looking at myself in mirrors, I am HUGE! But out in public at stores, I double take when I see myself.

I lost my Dad in Jan of this year, and have packed on about 15 lbs since then. Permanently quit smoking in March, and here I hover at 160. Still have troubles finding foods that agree with me. I am so frustrated with not feeling normal--even the adjusted post op normal. I am so terrifed to ever be obese again.

When you come to the end of all the light you know, and it's time to step into the darkness of the unknown, faith is knowing that one of two things shall happen: Either you will be given something solid to stand on or you will be taught to fly.

~Edward Teller
DianneW
on 5/21/09 12:44 am - Louisville, KY
Topic: Food Plan
Does anyone have a food plan they are using.  I'm up to 180.  The seroquel makes me hungry.  Help. 

Dianne
Rachelq
on 5/10/09 4:39 am - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Topic: RE: 5 Years - Roll Call!
I'm here! Better late than never? Just had my 5 year surgiversary on 4/20. Up 15lbs from lowest. In a 10/12 depending on the cut. Healthy and happy.

I updated my profile with current pics and more info. Here is what I posted on the cali board

"I had my 5 year surgirversary on April 29. I feel good. Am maintaining around 155lbs over the last year, and still greatful for my surgery. I updated my profile with more info and pics.

Is there a way to have OH change your before and afters? I want to make sure mine is a accurate as possible. 1year after and 5 year after aren't quite the same.

Best wishes to all,
Rachel'

Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views