Recent Posts

DianneW
on 1/2/06 8:57 am - Louisville, KY
Topic: RE: **MONDAY ROLL CALL**
Great questions Peg - I had a date with a new guy and got lucky - woo hoo. 1. Besides continuing to lose and/or maintain weight, what goals do you have for 2006? Get my food under control, for me, eat healthier, and more frequenglty, bulk up a little. 1 - get my money in order - I'm in Debtor's anonymous - so stop debting, start working the steps., etc, go to meetings, Pray daily, go to church on sunday, exercise 3 x/day, do a treasure map 2. What is the greatest miracle in your life? by far my job - being thin and healthy enough to do it, happy enough to do it. I love it. 3. Did you ever dread a birthday? If so, which one? I love birthdays 4. If married or dating, how did you meet your spouse/date? I meet my newest bow on Match - we've been out 3 times and we've done it - woo hoo. 5. What year did you get your first computer? 1996
DianneW
on 1/2/06 8:51 am - Louisville, KY
Topic: RE: back to the hospital -long
I'm glad you are ok, I was praying for you. Did you have blood clots in your first surgery? Diane
Rae Smiles
on 1/2/06 6:45 am - Mount Airy, MD
Topic: RE: after hernia repair, I can't eat as much
Hi Donna, glad to hear that you are doing ok....I had the same experience after my TT...I could eat only a few mouthfuls before my stomach was so tight...well, after talking to folks who have had TT's, that feeling isn't just from us WLS'ers...apparently lots of TT patients experience it too. Also, I found that I could only go a short time without having to urinate....it drove me crazy...apparently very normal according to my ps.... I am now 3.5 months out and I still get the urge stronger than I did prior to my TT....but you can bounce a quarter off my new tummy ....choices, choices... Best wishes to you... RAE
Pegtrala
on 1/2/06 4:22 am - Beaverton, OR
Topic: **MONDAY ROLL CALL**
Hi everyone. Happy New Year! It is a glorious day, and I am so glad to be alive! 2005 was a tough year, but I made it to 2006! PTL! I hope our board will continue to grow as we come here to support each other and to draw strength from one another. I "gleaned" some questions of the day from another board, but I don't think they will mind. I thought they were pretty good questions. Here they are. Peg 1. Besides continuing to lose and/or maintain weight, what goals do you have for 2006? 2. What is the greatest miracle in your life? 3. Did you ever dread a birthday? If so, which one? 4. If married or dating, how did you meet your spouse/date? 5. What year did you get your first computer? ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ My Answers: 1. Besides continuing to lose weight, what goals do you have for 2006? Get healthy. Join a support group. Travel!!! 2. What is the greatest miracle in your life? That I made it to 2006! PTL! My husband and family are also the greatest miracles in my life. You can't measure love that is poured out in such abundance. 3. Did you ever dread a birthday? If so, which one? I dreaded 25. I had married at 18 and had my first son just a month before I turned 20. By 25, I had been married almost 7 years and had 2 sons ages 5 and 2 1/2. Many of my friends had gone on to college, and I felt like I had been left behind. I am now 56, and I LOVE every birthday I have! 4. If married or dating, how did you meet your spouse/date? I met my DH at a dance. I was almost 16, and he was 20. He thought I WAS 16! I wonder how he got that idea? Of course, when I turned 16 the following month, I had to "fess up!" The only reason my folks let me date him was because our dads knew each other...plus my mom made me double date for a few times before she allowed me to go out with him alone. He is such a sweetie. He won my whole family over in no time! That was 40 years ago, and we just celebrated our 38th wedding anniversary the day after Thanksgiving. 5. What year did you get your first computer? "1985!" Can you believe that?! It was very limited, and we had to know a little bit of the language BASIC, but we made it work for some simple tasks and games. Then we moved on to the Apple Macintosh. Much better. I loved that computer. We have never been without one since then.
Pegtrala
on 1/2/06 4:18 am - Beaverton, OR
Topic: RE: after hernia repair, I can't eat as much
Wow, Donna. You have been through so much! I am praying for you. Do keep us posted on how you are doing. Peg
Donna R
on 1/2/06 2:21 am - Paducah, KY
Topic: after hernia repair, I can't eat as much
Hi Everyone, I wanted to pass on a discovery I made, first when I had this hernia it was huge, it started under the sternum and was about 6 inches long and stuck out A LOT. whenever I ate a meal I could actually feel my pouch through the hernia. Depending on the food, i could eat about 1 1/2 cups. WELL, now that the surgeon has repaired the hernia and did a TT, I can only eat about 1 cup or less! Now I guess this is a good thing BUT, I am going to have to learn a new method of eating to get all my protein in. I was eating three meals a day with 3 snacks. I think I will have to eat 5 meals a day but not sure yet on the snacks. My dietician wants me to also up my protein while I am healing from the double surgery I had... the surgeon had to open me back up the next day because there was a lot of dark drainage in my drains and he thought there was a leak somewhere,,, he did not find anything. So i will have to sit here and figure out how to get about 100 grams of protein in a day, at least I know the two protein drinks will help a lot. I did send hubby to do the shopping and put a huge bag of cheese stickes on it so I know that will help too. Donna 277/144
Donna R
on 1/2/06 2:03 am - Paducah, KY
Topic: RE: back to the hospital -long
Just wanted to let you know I am doing pretty good. I see my surgeon tomorrow and get blood work done, he will check to make sure my medication dose is correct. I feel pretty good, hard to just sit around but I am taking it easy and getting plenty of rest. My legs and feet continue to look normal and giving myself a shot twice a day is really not hard like I thought it would be. hope you all have a great week and I will try to pop in again soon. Donna 277/144.5......I lost almost 5 pounds since surgery.
Rachelq
on 1/1/06 7:20 am - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Topic: RE: Potential Period Problems...say that 3x fast
Beth, Sorry to hear about the loss. Praying you are doing as well as can be! Rachel
Rachelq
on 1/1/06 7:19 am - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Lori, You have described my cycle to the T. I have all the symptoms on a regular cycle, but if I bleed its for about half a day max and very light. More pink than red. (sorry to be so graphic). For me though, I think its due to my IUD having progesteron (sp?). What kind of birth control are you on if any? So the only change in my cycle since surgery is that it is more consistant and I actually bleed a bit. I wasn't bleeding at all pre-op Ta, Rachel
MeltingMama
on 1/1/06 3:20 am - A few short miles from my dreamhouse, MA
Hi Janice... I'm feeling tired and beat, but okay otherwise I think. I think I need to have a follow-up with the dr. though - since it lasted so long and I'm very worn out... -Beth
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 499 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 763 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 699 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 778 views