Recent Posts

janiej
on 1/3/06 9:34 am - Independence, IA
Topic: RE: Potential Period Problems...say that 3x fast
Rachel - do you have the merenia IUD? e-mail me please if you do. Janie
Donna Paige
on 1/3/06 8:52 am - Pottstown, PA
Topic: RE: **MONDAY ROLL CALL**
I'm hoping 2006 is gonna be a better one. After 3 car accidents since August to 12/9, I hope it gets better. One of which was a hit and run 4 days after my TT & BR, the other totalled my car. 1. Besides continuing to lose and/or maintain weight, what goals do you have for 2006? To make it to 2007 well and make it to 126lbs (only 14lbs away) That's doable isn't it? 2. What is the greatest miracle in your life? My daughter without any doubts 3. Did you ever dread a birthday? If so, which one? 29 for some odd reason. Guess it was the step before 30. 4. If married or dating, how did you meet your spouse/date? Online actually AOL to be precise (during my first 180lbs weightloss from 320lbs to 140lbs course I gained it all back plus 30+lbs after getting married). We talked for 2 years as just buddies which turned into more once we met. 5. What year did you get your first computer? 1998 I believe and now I am one of the biggest computer Geeks in the world. I think it's part of my arm now. Started on a Mac in 1990 doing desktop publishing. Boy have we come along ways since then. Donna Paige 339/140
karaoke Nadine
on 1/3/06 8:46 am - Wherever I Take My Shoes Off!, CA
Topic: RE: Still Obese...Fear of Failing
Oh man Kellie....I don't know what to tell ya. Are you gonna have your hernia repaired soon and if so.....will they do a tummy tuck at the same time? I myself have been thinking bout weigh****chers or even some diet pills but I'm still waiting it out. I'm trying to get my panni removal to see if I would be satisfied with my weight and size after that. Let us know what your surgeon says next week. Hang in there!!! Nadine
karaoke Nadine
on 1/3/06 8:42 am - Wherever I Take My Shoes Off!, CA
What does your 3 day cleansing diet consist of? I too am getting back to the gym this week. Uggg I go back to work Monday and am afraid of how much I put on since I only weigh at school and have been off for 3 weeks. Nadine
Donna Paige
on 1/3/06 8:41 am - Pottstown, PA
Topic: RE: after hernia repair, I can't eat as much
Hi Donna, I've been going through the same thing since my TT on Dec. 5th. It's extremely painful to eat. Doc said it was because everything was swollen and that the TT was so tight. Course today I was able to eat about a cup of food. I've only been able to get a few bites in until the last week so I guess with the swelling going down I'm able to get in more. Hopefully it will get better for you soon. Donna Paige 339/140(at goal finally! YIHHAAAHH!) Insurance charts is 126lbs but what the heck do they know. LOL
Kellrad
on 1/3/06 8:18 am - El Cajon, CA
I haven't been on this board in sooo long. I just went to my family Dr. last week and I have gained back 25lbs. I can't believe it! I knew I had gained, but not that much. I had back surgery in Sept. and was injured for 6 months prior to that and have been out of work since Feb. . I know that has a lot to do with it. I can't move alot or exercise and the kitchen is right there 24/7. I eat when I am not hungry and I eat beause I am deppressed over this pain in my back and so I eat. I have to go back to see my surgeon next week. I think she might kill me. My blood pressure is going up too. I also have a hiatal hernia and I swear I can eat more becuse of that. When I eat it just starts sticking out and I have more room. I am thinking of weigh****chers as well. I don't know what to do and I am scared. Any help would be appreciated. I am praying for us all! Kellie
Rondaslosinit
on 1/3/06 5:26 am - Richardson, TX
Hi Nadine, I'm with everyone on this post! I haven't been seen on this board in a long time but used to be a regular. I need to come back for support! I've never reached my goal either. I started at 297 and lost to 192 (105 lbs.) in 9 months. Then, everything stopped! I was within 5 lbs of that for about 5-6 months and then GAINED back up to 213! YIKES! I'm scared to death. I find myself getting jealous as well of those of us who have been more successful. I've GOT to stop that! I'm trying to reign myself in and make sure I'm eating right which I know I wasn't. Nothing makes me sick unfortunately. I'm starting a 3 day cleansing diet this week to hopefully get things kickstarted again. I'm also getting back to the gym. I HATE that there are no shortcuts to this game - even with surgery! Hangin in there with y'all! Ronda from TX
Rae Smiles
on 1/3/06 2:50 am - Mount Airy, MD
Great questions... 1. Besides continuing to lose and/or maintain weight, what goals do you have for 2006? My goal is to get my daily living under control...things like maintaining order in the house...doing things today rather than putting off until tomorrow...also, get/stay healty....continue healthy eating habits. I have been doing both of these for a while now but I want both to become even more habit than thought. 2. What is the greatest miracle in your life? The greatest miracle has to be that I met and married my husband....I have no idea why I got so lucky to have him in my life...he is wonderful....he is handsome, friendly, very funny, smart and has a successful career...I have NO idea why he picked me....LOL...actually we are so well suited for each other...it is truly amazing. 3. Did you ever dread a birthday? If so, which one? for some reason I was worried about turning 30...I will be 38 on my next birthday and no signs of fear yet... 4. If married or dating, how did you meet your spouse/date? I met my husband at work....although we had a mutual friend at work so we saw each other at her house occasionally....btw, there is a 24 year difference in our ages....the first time we went on a "real" date together I was shocked to learn his age and that he had 4 children, one older than me.....I am so glad that I gave the relationship a chance....sometimes I think back about how disappointed I was to learn that he was so much older than me...but it is what it is...just a number....so, we dated for 18 months before we got married....and this year we will celebrate 10 years of marriage....there are 5 grandkids in the equation now, number 6 on the way...I can honestly say that I consider his kids my family and I am postive they consider me their family....it has worked out. 5. What year did you get your first computer? Although I had a computer at work since 1991, I didn't have my own computer at home until I met/lived with my husband in 1995. Happy New Year, RAE
Lisa C.
on 1/3/06 2:49 am - Arlington, MA
Topic: Lookin 4 Dan O'Brien Springfeild.....
Hey looking for you ....You were a big support in making my decission for the WLS its been a year and I've lost 200lbs....wanna see how you are...Lisa
DianneW
on 1/2/06 8:57 am - Louisville, KY
Great questions Peg - I had a date with a new guy and got lucky - woo hoo. 1. Besides continuing to lose and/or maintain weight, what goals do you have for 2006? Get my food under control, for me, eat healthier, and more frequenglty, bulk up a little. 1 - get my money in order - I'm in Debtor's anonymous - so stop debting, start working the steps., etc, go to meetings, Pray daily, go to church on sunday, exercise 3 x/day, do a treasure map 2. What is the greatest miracle in your life? by far my job - being thin and healthy enough to do it, happy enough to do it. I love it. 3. Did you ever dread a birthday? If so, which one? I love birthdays 4. If married or dating, how did you meet your spouse/date? I meet my newest bow on Match - we've been out 3 times and we've done it - woo hoo. 5. What year did you get your first computer? 1996
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 499 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 763 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 699 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 778 views