Recent Posts

Rondaslosinit
on 1/4/06 12:35 am - Richardson, TX
Topic: RE: New Year Update
Congratulations Toni! I'm excited for you. I agree with Peg. You look fantastic! Here's to hoping you have a smooth recovery and are happy with the results! :cheers: Ronda
Rondaslosinit
on 1/4/06 12:31 am - Richardson, TX
Topic: RE: Still Obese...Fear of Failing
Mornin`! Guess what? Today is day 3 of the cleanse for me and I've lost 4 lbs! YAHOO! YIPPEE! Doin` cartwheels here! Crossing my fingers that it is real and not just temporary. Even if it is, at least now I'm encouraged. It's the first time in nearly a year that I've seen the scales move in the right direction! Just wanted to let you know. I'll continue to keep you posted. Ronda p.s. have a great day and get down to that gym! I'm going to try to make it today.
Pegtrala
on 1/3/06 11:02 pm - Beaverton, OR
Topic: Anyone wear Medic Alert?
Hi. I am thinking about getting a Medic Alert bracelet. Do any of you wear one? If so, what did you have put on it? What style of bracelet would you recommend? I would appreciate any information you care to share. Thanks. Peg
Pegtrala
on 1/3/06 10:42 pm - Beaverton, OR
Topic: RE: New Year Update
Hi Toni. I think we should call you Tiny Toni! You look terrific, and I'm sure you will look even better after your surgery. Do keep us posted on how you are doing. Peg
tonishappy
on 1/3/06 9:29 pm - Greensboro, NC
Topic: New Year Update
I am so excited about this year. I am scheduled for a pani and hernia repair on January 9th 2006. I am very excited yet very scared. I will keep you posted on the aftermath as it happens. My hope is for a classic normal recovery and no incidents! Toni 285/136/132
karaoke Nadine
on 1/3/06 12:41 pm - Wherever I Take My Shoes Off!, CA
Hey Ronda....cool a sista Please please let me know how this works. I'm bout ready to try some diet pills. Nadine
Rachelq
on 1/3/06 11:55 am - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Topic: RE: **MONDAY ROLL CALL**
Hi Peg, Happy new year...very happy you are here in 2006 too! Thanks for doing this. It would be great if we can keep this board alive. 1. Besides continuing to lose and/or maintain weight, what goals do you have for 2006? Finish the construction on our house. We've been adding on a second story for a year now (and yes, we are living in the house...yikes) 2. What is the greatest miracle in your life? That I have a healthy, happy home. Based on my and my husbands childhood experiences...well let's just say, you can stop the cycle. 3. Did you ever dread a birthday? If so, which one? Not really dread, but 25 was a wow kind of moment for me. 4. If married or dating, how did you meet your spouse/date? (I've got to come up with a better story for this one)...In a bar. 5. What year did you get your first computer? About '85....was in the tech industry for most of my adult life. When that computer died. I used the hard drive as a bookend. Sing with me...and the times they are a changing.
Rachelq
on 1/3/06 11:45 am - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Topic: RE: Potential Period Problems...say that 3x fast
Wow, I have no idea. I had it 'installed' about 4 and 1/2 years ago. Its a five year. Should I know something about this Ta, Rachel
Rondaslosinit
on 1/3/06 11:26 am - Richardson, TX
Nadine, I just realized we are surgery date sisters. Cool. Anyway, my dietician would probably have a cow if she knew I was trying something so drastic as that cleanse, but I figured, it's only 3 days - what the heck it might work. Why is it so easy to break the habit of excercise and so hard to re-instate it!? Heigh Ho, Heigh Ho, it's off to work (out) we go........ Ronda
Rondaslosinit
on 1/3/06 11:15 am - Richardson, TX
The philosophy behind this is that it cleanses your system of toxins that are holding on to fat and kickstart weight loss. You protein load on Day 1, then fresh fruit on day 2-3. Something about the enzymes from the fruit. ??? Of course if you dump, you may not be able to do this. Day 1: protein drink every 2 hrs. from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.. Then at 6:00-eat a large up to 6 cups (as large as you can anyway) veggie salad with any veggies you want (raw) and 6 oz. of protein on top (chicken, fish, eggs,etc.) topped with either 1/2 avacado or 2Tbs Olive or Flax Oil. I couldn't eat this much so I juiced the remainder and drank it. YUK. Days 2-3: every 2 hrs, you'll have fruit until dinner when you have a salad as above but without the protein on top. 8:00 - 2 cups of melon (canteloupe, watermelon, or honeydew) 10:00 - 1 banana 12:00 - 2 cups fruit medley (pinapple, apple, blueberries, strawberries, kiwifruit) 2:00 - 1 cup grapes 4:00 - 1 cup each of apple and blueberries 6:00 - salad - same as day 1 except no protein You can supposedly cycle this cleanse once a week for up to 12 weeks. I'll keep you posted as to how this works. If you have any input, I'm all ears. Ronda
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 499 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 763 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 699 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 778 views