Recent Posts

jennann
on 1/5/06 3:30 am - Bonifay, FL
Topic: RE: Had Tummy Tuck
I forgot to also post I had a hernia repair also. I will post later when feeling alittle better.. And able to sit here with out hurting or dieing to sit here..
jennann
on 1/5/06 3:15 am - Bonifay, FL
Topic: Had Tummy Tuck
Hello its 1-5-06 And I had my Tummy tuck done alittle early.. I had it done on 12-28-05.. And everyday I'm doing alittle better.. I am still swallen so I don't know how much I weigh now and I'm living in sweatpants becauseof the binder and the swelling and the lovley drains I have and all.. I think it looks nasty DR says it looks good..Will Post more after I get all the swelling gone and know alittle more I go back to DR on 1-9-06 for another followup.. Hope everyone is doing good. Will post again soon..
DianneW
on 1/5/06 2:53 am - Louisville, KY
Topic: RE: Anyone wear Medic Alert?
I don't have one, but should, I have a heart condition, allergies, etc. This site has some cute ones. http://www.n-styleid.com/medical_charm.htm
DianneW
on 1/5/06 2:47 am - Louisville, KY
Topic: RE: **MONDAY ROLL CALL**
I didn't really bring it up. I told him I had a gastric bypass, so I guess he figured out I had lost a lot of weight. He didn't say anything. I was dreading it to. But at least it's over with. I have decided to tell people on the first date, or pretty soon, because, when I was dating Barry - and really liked him the longer we went out the harder it got to tell him. It wound up not working out, because of him, (he has intimacy issues), but I told Kurt on the first date, I don't eat sugar because I had a gastric bypass. LOL. Just put it out there. I figure if someones going to dump me because of it better they do it before I have feelings for them. Then if it ever gets to the intimacy stage they will figure I have some extra skin (maybe) I don't know. I also look at the fact that at 42, everyone has some flaws. Dianne
Rachelq
on 1/4/06 11:47 pm - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Topic: RE: **MONDAY ROLL CALL**
Dianne...Hi five for 'doin' it' Hope you don't mind this personal question, but how did you bring up the skin issue. I have a friend that is three years out and is dreading finding someone she likes (though she really wants to) because of her skin. Any advice? Thanks, Rachel
Donna R
on 1/4/06 12:18 pm - Paducah, KY
Topic: RE: back to the hospital -long
thank you for praying for me, I did not have blood clots before, this was all new, I had blood work yesterday and got a call from my surgeons office today, stop the shots and just take the coumidin 2.5. I guess the labs showed my body got rid of that clot. I see the surgeon on the 9th. Donna
Pegtrala
on 1/4/06 10:35 am - Beaverton, OR
Hi Web Diva. Thanks for the advice. I received similar comments from a couple of other people too, so that's what I'm going to do. I appreciate your response. Peg
(deactivated member)
on 1/4/06 5:08 am - Lost in Woods, PA
Hey Peg, I wear a medic alert - just the standard gold tone. I have a friend who works at an er and he told me just to get the plain old fashioned one - no necklace or fancy designs. He said one of the most troubling issues the er and ambulance attendents have is time...they don't have time to search all of your jewlery to see if it's a medic alert. So, based on his advice and that of my doctor, i got the standard size, free bracelet you get when you sign up. I was also told to wear it on my dominant arm as an indication that it is not just simple jewlery. Most people wear bracelets on their non-dominant arm as it tends to get int he way - it's amazing how quickly you become accustomed to it. As for what it says: Gastric Bypass no blind ng tube (which i was told means they have to set the tube with guidance or not at all). and then a list of my allergies which are probably more important than the bypass. hope this helps. Open RNY 4/19/2004 "One of the secrets of life is to make stepping stones out of stumbling blocks." Jack Penn
Luann S.
on 1/4/06 5:07 am - Green Bay, WI
No sorry, I don't wear one.
karaoke Nadine
on 1/4/06 2:12 am - Wherever I Take My Shoes Off!, CA
Topic: RE: Still Obese...Fear of Failing
Yippee!!! That is great Ronda. Don't be a skeptic Thanks for inspiring me and gettin me motivated today. Off to the gym... Nadine
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 499 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 763 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 699 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 778 views