Recent Posts

Donna Paige
on 1/6/06 9:26 am - Pottstown, PA
Topic: RE: Gallbladder
Hi Melisa, I had my gall bladder go bad around 6 months out. I had to have it out the old fashion way. Gallbladder pain is extremely painful. You get a pain that radiates all the way to your back. You get the sweats from it. I was thrilled to get the darn thing out. BTW, Congrats on the engagement! Donna Paige Open RNY-4/14/04 Open GB-11/27/04 TT & BR - 12/5/05 339/140
(deactivated member)
on 1/6/06 1:58 am - Lost in Woods, PA
Topic: ~*~Whats on the Menu~*~
Well, i have been lax'd in my posting but i swear i'm gonna keep trying. .... anyway for the slow loosers like me, what's on your menu? mine is: B = 1 egg, 1 small sausage patty, 1/2 english muffin (multigrain), 1 slice cheese Cals: 279 S = None - i forgot and worked through snack time. Lunch = Chicken tenders (homemade) Cals: 150 S = 2 cups carb countdown, 1 tbs. peanut butter, 1 tbls cocoa, 1 scoop protien powder Cals: 400 Dinner = Salad with blue cheese dressing and (1) chicken tender Cals: 350 Well, that's it....it's not a lot but it's probably all i'm going to get in today. tummy is a little upset from a virus that is going around today. Open RNY 4/19/2004 "It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see." Henry David Thoreau
DianneW
on 1/6/06 1:50 am - Louisville, KY
Topic: RE: Had Tummy Tuck
Congratulations, I'm glad you are doing ok.
mikkozoe
on 1/6/06 12:54 am - Conyers, GA
Well i will say this past weekend i think i started to have issues ...Everytime i ate something i would get a killer pain on my right side and felt liek i was dying ....Not that lasted for about 5 days and then it went away ...From what i am told that is the way the attacks work ...the come and go in sperts ....So as soon as i get my new insurance card i am off to see the Doc ....But that is what i am dealing with right now Laura
Rae Smiles
on 1/5/06 9:27 pm - Mount Airy, MD
Hi Melisa, no problems with my gallbladder... but....I wanted to offer you congrats on your engagement..... Best wishes to you and the lucky guy.... RAE
Kelly_J
on 1/5/06 9:44 am - NY
Topic: Had a baby!
Hello all fellow Apriler's! I wanted to let everyone know that I had a healthy pregnancy and gave birth to a 7lb 10oz 21in long baby boy named Jacob on November 1st. My only thing now is getting to goal. I gained almost 20lbs with the pregnancy and lost it all right away but now I am stuck and can't lose anymore. I am breastfeeding which makes me have to take in more calories but I am eating too many carbs and I can eat whole lot of food now. I can literally eat a footlong sub from Subway (just turkey, cheese, and mayo on wheat but still)! I read another post about people being able to eat a lot and not reaching goal and that's me too! I thought I was the only one and I feel like a failure. I'm stuck at 190lbs down from 280lbs and I am 5'10, I would like to get to at least 170lbs but it just seems so far off and with BFing I can't diet really or it will lower my milk supply. I can tolerate all sweets too. I need some help or a revision or something, no one can tell I had the surgery from the way I can eat now! I so look a lot thinner than before don't get me wrong and I am much healthier but I did not expect to be able to eat this much again and I have actually put on 3lbs while BFing which I am told is normal but still freaks me out. I was an avid gym goer when I got pregnant and stopped because my heartrate got too high but I started back up again at 4 weeks post partum and it was like starting all over again, and now I have not got in 3 weeks because I have no time, and with the holidays I ate wayyyyy to many snacks, I can't believe I didn't gain a ton of weight, I was actually lucky I guess. I just am very disappointed with my pouch and wish I could be back to a few ounces again. I would love to get to goal by July or August since I will be trying again for baby #3! I guess I just need some support for feeling like I am failing. Thanks for listening. Kelly 25yrs old RNY 4-14-04 Jacob 8 weeks 5 days old Colin 4yrs old
Skinny123
on 1/5/06 7:23 am - Athens, AL
Topic: Gallbladder
Hi Guys and Gals. Found out I may have a gallbladder problem. I have to have a gallbladder ulstrasound Tuesday. Has anyone had any problems with their gallbladder since surgery and what symptoms did you have. Oh bythe way I just got engaged recently
suzantovar
on 1/5/06 7:19 am - winchester, KY
Topic: tummy tuck
does anyone know a dr. who wll take another family doctors referral and do a tummy tuck for hygene reasons on the medical card. if so please let me know i am over 18 months out and am in real dire need of all this spare skin removed thanks so much valerie suzanne tovar
suzantovar
on 1/5/06 7:17 am - winchester, KY
i only have a medical card do you know if your surgeon takes this with a referral let me know thanks
Donna Paige
on 1/5/06 4:20 am - Pottstown, PA
Hi Jennifer, Congrads on the TT. I had mine on 12/5. Still have swelling. I've been told it can take 6 months to a year for it to all go away. I'm glad to hear that you are doing well. I have just now gotten to the point where I wear real clothes. I had been living in my velour jog sets. It will get better looking as time goes on. I still have a few scabs and redness but it's healing nicely. I went shopping yesterday and I was wearing a size 10 before surgery and I fit into a size 6 misses and 7/8 juniors. Yipee!! The surgery is such a blessing not to have that huge stomach hanging down. Wish you well! Donna Paige
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 499 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 763 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 699 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 778 views