Recent Posts

jennann
on 1/8/06 9:07 pm - Bonifay, FL
Topic: RE: Had Tummy Tuck
Congrads to you also Donna... Yeah I can't wait to see what size I'm wearing after all the swelling goes away,, I was already wearing a size 4 ladies and size 6misses.. I will be glad when I can buy some clothes and not worry about not gonna be in them long... I've been thin on clothes cause I did not want to be buyin much cause I knew I would be having the tummy tuck and going down in sizes again... And thats what I tell everyone this surgery is well worth all the pain its putting my through cause now I don't have to wear a girdle everywhere I go I have lived in a girdle since I had the gastro because I've HAD so much skin hanging down on legs.. But thats all gone now.. I will post some pics of my Tummy tuck soon as I go back home right now were stayin with my mom so the family can help me with the kids.. I will be going back Sunday cause my kids go back to school on the 9th.. And my 18 year old sister will go stay with me so I can still have help with kids... But I will post again soon... GOOD LUCK TO YOU And ALL..... JENNIFER
jennann
on 1/8/06 9:06 pm - Bonifay, FL
Thank you so much.....
Pegtrala
on 1/8/06 11:52 am - Beaverton, OR
Topic: RE: getting rid of gas pain
Hi Donna. I had a lot of gas after my surgery in August. Make sure you are not eating ice and that you are not drinking through a straw. Both of those caused me gas. I also took a Tums or Gas-X after eating at first. When my DH had laparoscopic exploratory surgery, he ended up with gas pains in his shoulders where the gas they had introduced to help distend his abdomen ended up lodging. He just had to wait it out. Good luck. I'm looking forward to the "new You" pictures! Peg
chanciiee
on 1/8/06 10:38 am - paris, TN
Topic: RE: Unclothed Breast Reduction & TT Pics
Yes....... how do I access this? I have the fears that you went thru.... not so much the breast reduction. but the tummy tuck
MsKarenBarrett
on 1/8/06 9:06 am - Pensacola, FL
Heya I had my Panniculectomy and abdominoplasty on December 19th.. I am still very very swollen and this BINDER is the devil, lol.. I got the drains out about 4 days ago and that in itself was heaven.. I am still in a little pain mostly when I first wake up in the morning I am soo sore and stiff.. I cant wait to get the OK to take a bath, lol so so far to date I am 19 months post op from Gastric Pypass and I am down 246 pounds.. I do have before and after tummy pictures already i anyone would like to see I have no problem sharing lord knows I searched the internet for pictures before I had my tummy tuck... Just drop me an email at [email protected]... CONGRATS on everyones progress!!!! Hugs Karen
Rae Smiles
on 1/8/06 8:13 am - Mount Airy, MD
Topic: RE: getting rid of gas pain
Hi Donna, having had a TT, I can tell you that it was strange because everything I learned during my WLS was different for my TT.... Meaning, after WLS, I was told to get up and walk/move around...after my TT, the more I moved the worse I felt and the more swelling I experienced.... Moving around helps the gas, but could give you problems with your healing....did your surgeon offer any suggestions? Best wishes to you... RAE
Donna Paige
on 1/8/06 4:31 am - Pottstown, PA
Topic: Unclothed Breast Reduction & TT Pics
If you are interested in how the Breast Reduction and the Tummy Tuck look without the benefit of being covered with clothes, I have added two pics of mine at 5 weeks out. I went from a 34F to a 36C. I'm still swollen so more than likely it's gonna be a B when it's all said and done. It is a passworded album. DonnaPaige ps
Donna R
on 1/7/06 12:29 pm - Paducah, KY
Topic: getting rid of gas pain
Hi everyone! I am doing pretty well since my TT and hernia repair on the 13 BUT I am having some serious gas pain under my ribs.... I can not seem to get rid of it! The TT and Hernia surgery were pretty rough on me because the day after surgery, I had a lot of drainage and the surgeon was worried about a "bleeder" somewhere inside so he had to re open the whole surgery site.... can we say OUCH! I dont remember what I did to get rid of the gas after my GBS, its just been too long, I will ask my surgeon on Monday but was hoping someone here can help me first. I want to get rid of this so I can go buy some new clothes. right now I am just wearing sweats and a L t-shirt. My son will graduate Marine boot camp on the 20th and I need to be able to travel by the 18th. I have no other pain from the surgery, just this stupid gas..... Donna 277/143
Rondaslosinit
on 1/7/06 6:03 am - Richardson, TX
Topic: RE: Still Obese...Fear of Failing
Thank Nadine! We need to motivate each other. Brief update: I lost a total of 5 lbs during my 3 day cleanse and have kept it off for 2 days following that. I also went back to the gym. I had to start all over again since it has been about 6 months so I just rode the bike for 30 min. The main thing is that I show up and do something, right? How are you doing? Ronda
Ayleneb
on 1/7/06 1:09 am - Jacksonville, FL
Topic: RE: Had a baby!
Kelly, Congrats on little Jacob!! I am a fellow April RNYer and just had a new little boy, Jamie, on 12/19/05. I actually gained 30lbs with the pregnancy and at this point I"m down about 10-15lbs. I'm trying to breastfeed but we're having supply issues that are caused by PCOS. Still, it's very confusing trying to figure out what and how much to eat. During pregnancy my pouch allowed me to eat alot more and different foods than I could before, in the last week or so I've noticed that I can't eat as much and my tolerances seem to be reverting back to pre-pregnancy, still I eat more than I did before the baby. I've heard that some people do a liquid diet for a few days, like the post-op diet, to help shrink their pouches back. Since you are bfing that isn't really possible. I would suggest that you just start making sure that you are eating good, healthy foods. Limit the junkfood and get more exercise back into your daily life. Right now bfing is more important than your weight - it's such a short time it's really worth the sacrifice. Remember, it took 9 months to gain the weight - it takes nine months to get your body back. I have to keep reminding myself!! When I found out that I was pregnant with this baby I had just gotten into my first pair of size 10 jeans. This wasn't a planned pregnancy - it was a birth control error (those pills really don't work for me! LOL) and I'm really disappointed with how my body looks right now. I can fit into my 16's and some 14's but I just look super lumpy so I'm still wearing my smaller maternity clothes. Talk about a blow to the ego! But this is just for a time. Now that my body is starting to heal from the baby I plan to start exercising, walking with him, doing exercise videos, I'm considering joining a gym if I can figure out when I would go! I've got to cut out the extra junk that I was eating while pregnant (and excusing by saying I needed the extra calories! LOL). We will get there! BTW, you may want to check into the ossg-pregnancy-grads group on Yahoo groups - for post-op ladies who have had their babies. I just got an invite today since I was on their pregnancy list. Aylene lap RNY 4/13/04 Mom to Simon 10/98, Matthew 5/02 and Jamie 12/19/05
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 499 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 763 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 699 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 778 views