Recent Posts

Donna R
on 1/10/06 9:17 pm - Paducah, KY
Topic: RE: Update
Jennifer, I am glad things are going well. after my TT I had too much draining and the doctor was worried I had a bleeder and went back in to look for it... so it was like I had two TT at the same time. OUCH. anyway, I am doing great now, well better! I was having a problem with constipation, there was not much room left in there for my intestines and I was in pain, finally figured out I was just full of it and am taking care of the problem and feeling better each day. Donna
Donna R
on 1/10/06 9:14 pm - Paducah, KY
Topic: RE: I am so full of it!
no, I felt just fine, the magnesium sitrate does not even taste that bad either. its not good but its much better then that other stuff... I won't even say the name because just saying it makes me gag... LOL I am feeling better and better every day and drinking as much water as I can. Donna
askaggs1
on 1/10/06 3:22 pm - Cunningham, KY
Topic: RE: unusual allergies since WLS?
Ronda, I've always had really bad allergies, I also have excema and roseca (not sure about the spelling on those!) I have to keep up with my claritin, if not I'm a mess!! When I was a kid every time I'd get out of the shower I'd break out in a rash all over my body, and it wasn't from the soap or my shampoo, because we tried everything, little did I know that it was just part of it! So I can't say that I've developed any but they perhaps have gotten a little more intense, but nothing I haven't faced before...I couldn't take any type of allergy medication while I was pregnant!! I was absolutely misreble!! Sniffing and coughing and itching and burning, it was terrible!! But go figure, I can't wait to have another baby, when the time is right!! You've said you have been to many docs, are those regular physicians or dermatologists? (again with the spelling) I never knew I had the excema and roseca untill about a year ago when I took my son in to have him examined, and asked him about myself! I don't know if this is relivant or not, but I noticed that after surgery, every time i took even just a sip of alcohol (didn't even try it until I was 10 months out) my entire face lit up as red as rudolf's nose!! and it burned for hours, I asked my surgeon and he didn't know but asked the derm and he said it was due to my roseca, BUT I've had the roseca forever, (never understood as a teen why my face was as red and broke out as it was and only in certain places but it makes sense now)but my face only started burning after surgery, hmmmmm??? I think our bodies change so much that there is no telling what could be lurking around the corner.
Larakatya
on 1/10/06 2:44 pm - Twin Cities, MN
Topic: OT: Eloping
Francesca and I are eloping to Canada, we leave first thing this morning. We'll be back Sunday. Love to all my fattie friends and family!!! ~Lara 400+/180
Rae Smiles
on 1/10/06 11:03 am - Mount Airy, MD
Topic: RE: unusual allergies since WLS?
Hey Ronda, nope haven't experienced weird allergies, but...I have experienced a weird problem with hot and cold...and that is just it...I am either burning up or freezing cold...no in between...my poor husband!! RAE
jennann
on 1/10/06 4:58 am - Bonifay, FL
Topic: RE: PICS
TY I know before my Tummy Tuck I was looking for pics so I wanted to post mine so people would have more to look at.. At first The Pain was bad but now its fine just really week.. Jennifer
Rondaslosinit
on 1/10/06 4:24 am - Richardson, TX
Topic: unusual allergies since WLS?
Have any of you developed any unusual allergies or autoimmune disorders since your WLS? Those of you that remember me from when I posted regularly have heard this before but I'm still looking for someone to commisrate (sp?) with or perhaps someone that knows what this is. Since about 8 weeks post-op I've, I've had hives and occassionally angio-edema (swelling of the face) on a regular basis - I mean almost daily! I'm so frustrated! I've been to many docs and no one can figure this out. I've recently figured out that one of the main culprits is my vitamins of all things. YIKES. I've tried every format there is (I think) and I still get hives. My doc even insists that I carry an Epi pen wherever I go. I can't go without any vitamins. I've started juicing to hopefully get more vitamins from food. Any ideas? Ronda still grateful for the surgery in spite of this complication!
Rondaslosinit
on 1/10/06 3:57 am - Richardson, TX
Topic: RE: Gallbladder
Melisa, My gallbladder went south about 4 months after my rny. My WLS surgeon removed the gallbladder laproscopically and I couldn't believe how much better I felt after that! Congrats on the engagement !!! Oh, symptoms - extreme pain after I ate anything and some nausea and vomiting. Hope you feel better soon but don't fear the GB operation if you have it laproscopically. I had almost no pain. Keep us updated, Ronda
Rondaslosinit
on 1/10/06 3:29 am - Richardson, TX
Topic: RE: I am so full of it!
Donna, Did it hurt your TT when the Magnesium Sitrate finally worked? All I can think of is OUCH!!!!!!!! Ronda
Rondaslosinit
on 1/10/06 3:21 am - Richardson, TX
Topic: RE: PICS
You look FANTASTIC ! Thanks for being willing to share your photos with us. How is your pain level? Ronda
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 499 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 763 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 699 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 778 views