Recent Posts

Donna R
on 1/11/06 6:34 pm - Paducah, KY
Topic: RE: Update
wow jennifer, I hope you are doing ok now. I go to the doctor today for lab work, need to check my PT level since I am on blood thinners. still have not really gone to the bathroom much but its moving..... hopefully I will see some real movement today. let me know how your appt went. Donna
Just Janice
on 1/11/06 10:54 am - Houston, TX
Topic: RE: OT: Eloping
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Donna Paige
on 1/11/06 7:55 am - Pottstown, PA
Topic: RE: unusual allergies since WLS?
Hi Ronda, I'm sorry that you suffer so from these odd allergies. To date I haven't developed any kind of allergies. However my skin is so darn dry since surgery that I itch scabs and sores all over myself. I figure it's probably got something to do with vitamins and water. For the most part my issues have all gotten better since the surgery. Thank the good lord. I'm just having eating issues again. Not sure if I have developed an ulcer or what but my eating is like a 3 month post op. Take Care! Donna Paige
Donna Paige
on 1/11/06 7:52 am - Pottstown, PA
Congratulations Lara! Hope all goes well for you.
Josie C.
on 1/11/06 7:52 am - High Desert, CA
CONGRATULATIONS!
ruthdebra
on 1/11/06 6:21 am - Palm Springs, CA
Congratulations and the best of luck to both of you. Ruth
askaggs1
on 1/11/06 5:42 am - Cunningham, KY
Ronda, I really hope your allergist can get to the bottom of this for you!! I have been on several different meds for my allergies, and this Claritin, or it may actually be called Clarinex, I don't know, I get the generic form (cheaper!!$$) and that is what my insurance covers. It has helped me the most out of everything I take. I am thinking back to when I was a teenager, and I think the first type of allergy medicine they put me on (well the first I can remember) was called Seldane (sp?) I was also on allergy shots for years. But I have learned that if the doc even suggests anything with a "D" in it, you know like Allegra-D. I back away very very slowly, and then run!! The "D" is terrible for me, it's like it has the opposite effect on me, instead of helping it just makes everything worse! I remember the first time I took it I wanted to take it and shove it up the Dr's.....ummm well you know!! I'd settle for just a round of paintball with them and hit em good a couple of times really hard!! Ok I know it wasn't their fault, but I sure was misreble! Oh well, good luck!!
Rondaslosinit
on 1/11/06 1:53 am - Richardson, TX
Thanks Amanda. I'm sorry you've suffered so. I can certainly empathize with you now. I went to internal medicine, dermatologist, allergist, and even chiropractic and kinesiologist. I finally went back to my allergist yesterday and we are doing a trial with my vitamins - we'll see. I know what you mean about the baby thing. Something happens in our brains that makes us forget all the bad stuff and want to do it again. Don't worry, it won't last forever. When my babies got old enough, all of the sudden, I lost that urge and it was then that I knew I was through. I agree with what you said about our bodies changing so much after surgery. I think there is still a lot they don't know about how much it affects our systems. Does regular Claritin still keep your allergies in control? My allergist mentioned that she may put me on regular Allegra for the hives after we try to figure out what is causing them. hang in there! Ronda
jennann
on 1/10/06 10:56 pm - Bonifay, FL
Topic: RE: Update
Hello Donna I had been doing good but yesterday I busted open just above the pubic bone so they told me to come in today so they could put me back together. And while I had them on the phone I told them how much I bleed from 4pm monday to 5:30am Tuesday morning so they faxed lab orders to the hospital close to me for me to go have labs done yesterday afternoon.. Well the Dr called me back lastnight and said I've about lost too much blood I'm about to be needing blood. So when I go in today they were gonna redo the blood work to make sure it had not drop no more.. I hope it has not I do not want to be giving blood... But will find out later today... Yesterday was the first time I had went to bathroom in 6 days.. I don't know if its cause I can't eat as much now or whats going on.. I hope thing start getting better with me... Best wishes to you.... JENNIFER
Rae Smiles
on 1/10/06 9:22 pm - Mount Airy, MD
Lara, congrats to you and Francesca!! Best wishes, RAE
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 499 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 763 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 699 views