Recent Posts

charlietuna54
on 4/20/10 9:51 pm - St. Augustine, FL
Topic: 6 year anniversary...
Have lost over 200lbs... Feeling great and have been enjoying life for the last 6 years. Had a few problems...low potassum and calcium issues and a hernia...but really would not change anything... Put on about 45 lbs from my low weight but still happy with overall results. Hope everyone else is doing well...

Charlie
DianneW
on 4/1/10 2:15 am - Louisville, KY
Topic: weight gain
Hi everyone,
I had gotten up to 205, now I'm doing Weigh****chers on line and am down to 195.  I would like to get back down to 150.  I gained a lot of weight after I started taking some medication.  I have been exercising everyday since November.  Wish me luck.
DianneW
on 2/5/10 4:09 am - Louisville, KY
Topic: RE: Cross addiction - How is everyone?
I've gained a lot of weight.  I'm up to 195, from my lowest at 125.  I was to skinny at 125.  Around 150 was ideal.  I started taking some medication for depression and it really added the weight.  I have started exercising and the gaining has stopped, but I'm not loosing.  It's hard. 
Larakatya
on 2/1/10 1:19 am - Twin Cities, MN
Topic: Cross addiction - How is everyone?
Every day it seems I hear of another friend who is suffering with wicked cross addiction as a Post-op.  Yesterday I lost a friend who had her surgery very close to me.  Our addiction to food is a real addiction, that would have killed us if we hadn't taken the measures we did.But it doesn't go away ever, and can only be kept at bay through support and a program of recovery.  I'm not the cheerleader for this surgery that I once was but its not the surgery's fault. It is just one tool in our arsenel that makes a long healthy life possible. 

Does anyone here relate? How are my fellow April Fools doing?  Have you experienced this - either personally or someone you love?  No judgement, just honest fear and hope for health and wholeness for all my friends.  
There but for the grace of god go I. 

Larakatya
on 2/1/10 1:05 am - Twin Cities, MN
Topic: RE: 5 yrs Post Op depression
My acupuncturist/herbalist helps me with my depression to a great deal. She has me on liquid Vitamin D3 (which is helping!) and I am also in talk therapy, and on Zoloft.

Day by day - just know you're not alone.
With loving support,
vixxen36
on 11/17/09 9:35 pm - Anoka, MN
Topic: RE: 5 Years - Roll Call!
 I am still 75 lbs lighter now, I don't do diet food, but I stick to protein first then vegges and bread if room rule.. Vitamins are ok except the calcium is the hardest I agree.  It is still the decision I ever made..no regrets here..Lynne
reenieb
on 11/10/09 2:23 am
RNY on 03/08/04 with
Topic: RE: HELP
Hi Eternity, you are not alone but I know that doesn't make you feel better! What we need are answers and I don't believe the WLS industry is providing them for us long-term post-ops. By the way, folks, my surgery was in March 2004 so I hope you don't mind I stop by. This is a strong Board that often brings up issues that I can relate but find little support elsewhere. I started at 356 (morning of my surgery), got down to 140 (lowest weight) and am now struggling mightily to stay under 165. I am starving all of the time, a hunger unlike any I've ever known. Eternity, have you thought to have your system scoped to determine the size of your pouch and your stoma opening? I have been told that if the stoma is severely dilated, anything I eat is just passing through, so my body is absorbing all the calories but negligable nutrients. A revision may be in order but I have no faith at all in the endoscopy options. I wish I could give you the answers you need to get back on track - only you can do that for yourself. But never quit. Never, ever quit, ok? Thanks everybody - I would love to hear from you! Maureen
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.
bajovane
on 10/29/09 3:07 am - Manchester, NY
Topic: RE: 5 Day Pouch Test
It's year 5 for me and I lost a total of 135 pounds but have sinced gained back 30 from my lowest point (which was indeed way too low, according to my doctor).  I would like to lose maybe 15 pounds, which would put me at a level that the doctor wanted me to maintain at.

Thanks for the info on the 5 day pouch test.  I've just ordered this and I do hope this will help me get back control of my pouch and get my diet back on track.  I don't like the way I feel at this point and most certainly do not want to gain any more weight.  Nuh uh - ain't gonna go back there.
DianneW
on 10/28/09 5:47 am - Louisville, KY
Topic: RE: Stuck Steak and Pouch Pain
Sorry for your luck.  I've never had anything stuck.  I have vomited several times.  I get every stomach virus that comes along - my dr. said it's normal.  I had a scope but no pain afterwards.  I would call your dr. if the pain continues.
DianneW
on 10/28/09 5:45 am - Louisville, KY
Topic: RE: 5 yrs Post Op depression
You may need to try a different med or a higher dose.  Also, my doctor checked my Vitimin D which contributes to depression, it was very low, now I'm taking 6000 mg per day.  Get a new psychitrist if this ones not willing to up your meds or change them. 
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views