Recent Posts

Donna Paige
on 1/22/06 8:12 am - Pottstown, PA
Topic: RE: Updated profile w/ pics
Looking Good! Nice to see a face with the name. From one Donna to another. Donna Paige 339/138 wishing for 126 which is the miserable charts perfect weight for me. YUCK! But at least it seems doable now.
Brown Eyes KY
on 1/21/06 11:40 pm - KY
Lord knows, you don't need to hide behind hair or anything else. I looked through your profile. You are GORGEOUS! And such a good attitude, to boot.
Sue B
on 1/21/06 11:15 pm - WI
Thanks for sharing! It is always nice to put a face with a name. I LOVE you hair in the "after" picture you have ... wish I had the confidence to cut my hair short like that. I still hide behind my hair Sue 320/130
Jeri R.
on 1/21/06 10:45 am - Mansfield, MA
Topic: RE: Anyone wear Medic Alert?
Hi Web Diva! Just came across your posting and I am also interested in getting just a regular medic alert bracelet, but have no idea where to get one. I was surprised when I read your posting that you got one free! Would you care to share that info?? Sure would appreciate it! Jeri
Brown Eyes KY
on 1/21/06 7:26 am - KY
Thank you. So do you! Donna
DianneW
on 1/21/06 7:12 am - Louisville, KY
You look fantastic. Dianne
(deactivated member)
on 1/20/06 10:00 pm - woodbury, NJ
Topic: RE: Happy beyond measure
congratulations you look so very happy...and the two of you are gorgeous...i looked at your other albums and those desserts look scrumptious....hey you should change your password that doesn't fit at all "FATTIE" not hardly...later
Brown Eyes KY
on 1/20/06 2:20 pm - KY
Topic: Updated profile w/ pics
I finally updated my profile with pictures of myself and my family. I posted on the main board but wanted to post with others who had surgery the same time as myself. Hope you all are doing exceptionally well!
Rondaslosinit
on 1/20/06 1:05 am - Richardson, TX
Topic: RE: unusual allergies since WLS?
Oh My Goodness !!!!! I love you! Thank you thank you ! You have no idea how comforting it is to me to find someone who suffers from the same problem as me! WOW. Just knowing it's not "in my head" is a relief. Of course I'll check it out with a Dr. but for the first time in a long time, I have hope. I'm going to go read your profile now. Thanks, Ronda
(deactivated member)
on 1/20/06 12:18 am - Lost in Woods, PA
Topic: RE: unusual allergies since WLS?
Ronda, i'm so sorry to hear you are having issues. I started with severe hives and swelling at about 30 pounds of loss. have had them since. i see a doctor in nj for a condition called idiopathic edema where in your fat cells store water. The body then attacks the fat cells because they contain a foriegn substance (who would have though****er was foriegn, but in your fat cells it is). Hence you breakout in hives and swell and your checks can flush at any time - usually with heat. Also, you tend to pee more at night - when you have to get out of bed then you do in the day time.... Basically, your body is holding on to fluids..there are many causes. You could do a web search on it...you could also ask your doctors to contact a Dr. Jerome Check at Cooper Center for Reproductive Medicine. I know the reproductive part is weird but he is a board certified endocrynologist who has a practice full of idiopathic edema patients and pcos patients. i was referred to him by my allergist after exhaustive tests. my allergist said since i did have pcos i would be better served seeing him...was he right. since i've been seeing dr. check, i no longer get hives - unless i miss my medications. he has a specific treatment regime for idiopathic edema which he has worked on for over 25 years. anyway, i sound like a commercial...it's just that i dealt with these hives and problems for about a year before i got real help...most doctors just kept saying it was stress and depression even though i wasn't stressed or depressed....my god i had just lost a massive amount of weight for me. and then i found out that one of my real weight issues was this wonderful syndrome and there is a solution...not a cure....but a solution and it wasn't in my head. anyway, you can look in my profile there is some info there - not much...but please do a web search and take a look for dr. check...his cv is amazing and so is he in his slightly excentric way. 4/19/2004 -85 looking for another 40
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 499 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 763 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 699 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 778 views