Recent Posts

Rondaslosinit
on 1/26/06 12:27 pm - Richardson, TX
Topic: RE: Vitamin Deficient
aawwwww Donna bless you heart ! I'm so sorry about the tough time you're having! I'm sure once they get your vitamins up, you'll feel much better. At least they can give you a b12 shot. They can also give you iron intravenously (I've had it). So if something is keeping you from absorbing, at least IV will work. What kind of extra b-12 do you normally take? I take one sublingually so absorption isn't an issue (see the Bariatric Advantage website). The pain incident you described sure sounds like more than an ulcer to me. WOW I think you deserve to whine a little ! Didn't you say that your plastic surgeon said he would fix that for you? Hold him to it girl! Get better soon !!! Ronda
jennann
on 1/25/06 8:55 pm - Bonifay, FL
Hello Donna sorry to hear about the hard time your having... Hope things get better for you... Hey thats what were all here for is to listen to everyone so maybe someone can try to help... I know I come to this board alot.. GOOD LUCK.... Jennifer
Donna Paige
on 1/25/06 8:18 am - Pottstown, PA
Man I have no idea how this vitamin thing works. I admit I might miss a dose here and there but in no way should things be as bad as they are. I got home and had 2 messages on my machine, 1 from my primary care physician and 1 from my WLS surgeon. I did get a copy of the lab report. I don't see the do****il 2/21. They have me taking more calcium and I have to take more iron. I have to get a shot of b12. With all the stomach issues I'm curious if it's just that I"m not absorbing at all. I still am losing weight, so maybe it is the malabsorbtion. I just wish I knew what normals were. I can't tell much from the labs other than the fact that they have flag flag flag on everything. Thanks for the warm thoughts though I can certainly use them. I have this sore knot under my arm pits from the breast reduction that hurts when I put my arm down. I'm wondering if the malnutrition is impeding my healing with my surgeries.
Rae Smiles
on 1/25/06 3:00 am - Mount Airy, MD
Hi Donna, sorry to hear about the rough times you are experiencing but so glad you share it with us... Your vitamin levels are low...is that a possible side effect of the ulcer? or is your body NOT absorbing anything these days? Does the doctors think if they get your other health issues under control your body will adjust with the vitamin levels? or totally separate from each other? warm thoughts to you!! RAE
Donna Paige
on 1/25/06 1:44 am - Pottstown, PA
Topic: Vitamin Deficient
Just curious how everyone else is doing as of late? Here I sit after getting reemed out by the Docs office about my lab work. I have been taking my vitamins and yet I am severly Anemic and am leeching calcium from my bones. My albumin levels are low, my b-12 levels are low my iron is crap and a few other bad sounding stuff I can't remember. I feel just about as bad as my levels are. I knew it was bad when my primary care physician called and then not an hour later my WLS called with the same message. I've been having some major pouch issues. I was up on Friday in severe pain doubled over starting around 10 oclock. I was so full of gas I thought I was going to explode. I took a suppository and gas pills but nothing worked. It was worse than when I was in labor. I had the dry heaves (with burping in there at the same time). I ended up getting the chills and spiked a fever for the better part of 3 hours. Felt like I had a blockage somewhere but at around 6:00 in the morning it finally passed. This was just one of many episodes that I have been experiencing as of late. The doc is treating me for the beginnings of an ulcer. And to top that off my plastic surgery has left me with hard knots at the ends of the incisions under my arms for my Breast reduction. Sorry but I'm whinning today. Just hoping that everyone else is doing ok. Donna Paige Just whinning the day away
Rae Smiles
on 1/24/06 2:30 am - Mount Airy, MD
Topic: RE: Second Update
Hi Toni, congrats to you...isn't it a GREAT feeling.... I too had staples for my TT...my ps removed them at about the 6 day mark and now at 4 months out you can not see any scars from the staples...I think it is a personal choice of the ps. best wishes, RAE
Donna Paige
on 1/24/06 12:43 am - Pottstown, PA
Topic: RE: Second Update
Congratulations Toni! Hope the pain is better now. I actually started feeling human again at 2 weeks. I'm just curious as to why they used staples though. I had 1000's of tiny dissolvable stitches in mine. Nothin had to be removed. I didn't even have steri-strips. Doc was so pleased he got rid of my old staple scars.
tonishappy
on 1/24/06 12:33 am - Greensboro, NC
Topic: Second Update
Well I am two weeks out and only have 1/2 my staples left, get the rest removed hopefully tomorrow. I have already achieved my last two goals!!! I now have lost over 150 pounds (goals was to lose 150) and I am now a normal BMI (24.4). This is so above what I expected when I started this journey. I have lost 7 pounds in two weeks just from the pani removal! Toni 285/132(normal BMI)/129 - Goal to maintain is 129-130.
tonishappy
on 1/24/06 12:28 am - Greensboro, NC
Topic: RE: Happy beyond measure
Lara - thanks for sharing - I have been waiting for the update - and low and behold! I have not been signing on every day during my recovery, so was glad to get to see pictures. congrats on your new beginning! Toni
Brown Eyes KY
on 1/22/06 6:18 pm - KY
Topic: RE: Updated profile w/ pics
WOW! Losing 200 pounds! You've done a fantastic job! 142 is supposed to be the "perfect" weight for me. I'm 5' 6". I would need to lose 20 more pounds, which is possible now. Everyone keeps telling me not to lose any more weight or I will be too small. Come on! A size 10 would not be too small. Plenty of people wear size 8 or smaller. They just can't get used to my being "average" size, I guess. Anyway, you look fantastic. I have my first PS consultation next week and am hoping to get TT and breast lift approved by insurance, but I'm not counting on it. Thanks for the compliment!
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 499 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 763 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 699 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 778 views