Recent Posts

Donna Paige
on 2/6/06 1:18 am - Pottstown, PA
Topic: A moment that makes you cry with joy that is.
I just had to share what happened to me this weekend. It may sound stupid to some but it meant so much to me. My 22 year old daughter who swears that I dress like an old lady, took me shopping in the junior department. I keep trying to tell her that I am an old lady and shouldn't be trying to look like a kid. After much arguing about the whole deal she got me to try on a pair of low rise jeans and a t shirt. After I had put on the outfit, she preceeds to break out in tears. Course I joined her at that point because I realized that it finally hit her just how far I had come from 2 years ago prior to my surgery. She just told me how great that I looked and kept crying. LOL That was probably the most important thing that has happened to me since my surgery. Needless to say I purchased the jeans and top and I took photos of me in them and put them on my profile. I guess next I'll have to go for the thongs. LOL NOT!!!!!!!!!! Donna Paige
Dedicated
on 2/3/06 9:53 pm - Eleva, WI
Topic: RE: Happy beyond measure
Congrats!!!!!! I'm so happy for you both!
tonishappy
on 2/3/06 8:16 am - Greensboro, NC
Topic: RE: Question for Tummy Tuck or bodylift patients
Wow, I am four weeks out and still can't wear my pants - they fit differently, but they are just an inch from being able to button. I didn't just have the tummy tuck though - I have been cut all the way around and I wonder if that is added to the overall swelling results. I am going back to work on Monday out of boredom for 1/2 days. I am still very sore but can sit with no problems, still no lifting or bending. But, I am able to see a lot more results this week and it is looking better. I was hoping not to have to wear elastic waisted pants to work but it looks like it will be the first week any way. oh well! Thanks for the updates! Glad to hear you all are doing well too! Toni
Donna Paige
on 1/31/06 1:28 am - Pottstown, PA
I had the anchor incision and had no problems wearing my jeans 3 weeks after my surgery. I still have swelling at 8 weeks post op but nothing like it was. I went from a size 10 to a size 8 and I actually can squeeze my butt into a tight 6. I have heard though it can take as long as a year to find out the true results of the surgery. Before my surgery I weighted around 148lbs and after my surgery I now weight about 137lbs give or take a lb or two either way. As I said I have some swelling but nothing like it was. Hope you are doing well! Donna Paige
Luann S.
on 1/30/06 11:33 pm - Green Bay, WI
Hi Toni. I had my TT last April. I swear it took forever for the swelling to go down!! My Dr told me at least six months till I would feel 'normal' I felt 'normal' four weeks after my surgery. I work sweats and loose fitting pants because of the drains and swelling. Two weeks after my TT I did go shopping and was able to get into a smaller size jean. I guess it depends on your body and how it heals, fluid retention, etc. L
tonishappy
on 1/30/06 9:50 pm - Greensboro, NC
Topic: Question for Tummy Tuck or bodylift patients
How long did your sweling last? How long before you cpould wear your pants or go to next size down? Toni 285/132/129
bleahbleah
on 1/30/06 10:42 am - york, PA
Topic: RE: Hernia Repair & Pani Update
Hi toni, I just had my tummy tuck on jan. 11th. Glad you got thru your's o.K. They found I had a hernia when they got in there ,thank God. The pulling did surprise me, too but I recovered so fast I was feeling good in about 3 days. This is great. Hooray for flat tummies! Take care, margie
Rondaslosinit
on 1/29/06 10:23 pm - Richardson, TX
Topic: RE: Ever get something stuck?
I agree, Lori. You never know from one meal to the next how you are going to handle it. Sometimes I've even gone back to just protein shakes because I don't want to deal with food. I know that's bad. I think we just need to really concentrate on getting our water in and chewing really good and eating really slowly. Another thing I've noticed is that some meats like turkey and pork are not moist enough. I've gone back to some of my beginning rules. Maybe that could help you too.? What did your support group say? I'm interested to know how many of them could relate. Ronda
Rae Smiles
on 1/29/06 10:08 pm - Mount Airy, MD
Topic: Vitamin D
Hi Everyone, got a call on Friday from my rhemotologist, actually the nurse...anyway, he called in a Vitamin D supplement for me...I can't figure out the blood work but last time my vit d was right on the line between low and normal, not sure if it was the same or worse...anyway, he called in a supplement for me to take once a week...took my first dose on Saturday. I have lupus and with that sometimes comes vit d issues...anyone out there have low vitamin d too? For background, we get vitamin d from sunlight...apparently lots of folks now have low vit D because of not getting out in the sun AND all the hype about sunblock...obviously we need sunblock but we need some sun-time without block... BTW, I am incredibly fair skinned, light green eyes...and have a sun light sensitivity because of my lupus issues... Although we do have a convertible and I get out there as much as possible...but not much in the winter months in Maryland... Anyway, anyone else? I see him every 6-8 weeks, my next app't is mid-February...I will pick his brain then... I guess one of my most important questions is... Is the low vitamin d levels because of my malabsorbtion issue (WLS) or related to lupus....not sure if he will even be able to answer with conviction, but I have a burning question of WHY!! Any help is appreciated... thanks RAE
lacmike
on 1/29/06 11:15 am - York, PA
Topic: RE: Ever get something stuck?
Ronda, I am really glad you posted this. I do not know about you but lately it seems no matter what I eat it makes me feel bad. Last night I made fetticini alfredo, poured my sauce over veggies like I always do and I felt terrible. A few weeks ago, I ate a good dinner that was turkey and green beans and I thought I was going to die, I was in so much pain. I was driving to the support group meeting and thought I had to make a pit stop at the hospital. One thing I was glad that I was not feeling well, because that way people and their support do not think that this surgery is easy. I am really trying not to eat anything bad, my friend told me that he would have tried to talk me out of the surgery if he knew me when I was the fattie, if he would have known the side affectst that I have been having. I do not know if this is normal or if it is just that I am over eating. Some days I feel like I am forcing more food than I can hold while other days I just want to give up on eating that I feel so bad. Lori 258/138
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 499 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 763 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 699 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 778 views