Recent Posts

Brown Eyes KY
on 3/6/06 6:07 am - KY
Topic: RE: Updated profile w/ pics
WOW! You're the one who looks amazing. I'm so envious. I'll never see a size 6. I guess I'll just be happy with what I am. Good luck on your plastics (although you don't look like you need it).
Jillybean
on 3/6/06 1:08 am - Fayetteville/Fort Bragg, NC
Topic: RE: Happy beyond measure
Congratulations!!! You both look beautiful. I LOVE that 1st picture!
Jillybean
on 3/6/06 1:05 am - Fayetteville/Fort Bragg, NC
Topic: RE: Updated profile w/ pics
You look amazing!! I'm 5'6 as well, and I'm down to 140lbs. I didn't think that was a realistic goal, but I'm here. I am constantly having people who knew me "before" telling me I'm too thin, I need to gain weight, etc. but I honestly believe that its just because they were used to seeing me so much heavier. I'm a size 6 and I'm happy here, and according to the BMI charts, I'm in the average range not to mention that my doctor thinks I'm perfectly healthy and a good weight. I'm also waiting to have plastic surgery.
Jillybean
on 3/6/06 12:58 am - Fayetteville/Fort Bragg, NC
Topic: RE: A moment that makes you cry with joy that is.
What a touching moment that must have been!!! I'm tearing up just reading it. Thank you for sharing with us.
Jillybean
on 3/6/06 12:56 am - Fayetteville/Fort Bragg, NC
Topic: RE: LONG-Peer Review/My Diet/How to lose 10 pounds.
Hi and welcome! I really don't post here (haven't even visited to read in about a year!) but I had my surgery in April 04 as well. I haven't had any complications. I wouldn't say I was a fast loser, but I wasn't a slow loser. I'm 5'6, started at 288lbs, and I'm down to 140, which is a perfect weight for me (BMI 22.6). My original goal was 150lbs to put me in the normal BMI range, but I hit 140 this past December. I have had some food issues, but not much (I also have a problem with milk products). I dont' stick to a strict diet-- I know what is healthy and what is not. I tend to graze rather than eat big meals. But I believe my big secret is that I went from food addiction to exercise addiction. I go to the gym at least 5 days a week for an hour or two each time. I just LOVE to exercise, seeing what my new body is capable of, watching muscles appear that I never knew existed. Its such a high for me, and I believe that with burning so much, it allows me to eat more (I also chase around 3 children). I pretty much have cut sugar out of my diet, and I just don't even crave it anymore. Other than that, I just try to eat from the 5 food groups each day. I, too, am still waiting on plastic surgery. I have no idea if its going to happen or not. I have another appointment with the plastic surgeon in a couple of weeks. Its so frustrating for me because as much as I'm loving my new body, I feel like an unfinished project. Good luck to you!
DianneW
on 3/2/06 9:51 pm - Louisville, KY
Topic: RE: Lent and Howdie
Lara, It's great to hear from you. I've been sick again. Every so often I get a terrible bout of diarrhea. They think it from bacteria building up in the extra small intestines. Anyway.....I'm on some antibiotics and better now. Dianne 340/129
tonishappy
on 3/1/06 8:59 pm - Greensboro, NC
Lara, so glad for the update. I am so glad for my new life as well and what a difference two years makes! I am still struggling with wanting sweets daily. Cookies and cake are my weakness - dang it! Good luck with your sugar free sacrafice. Toni 285/129/132 Open DS - 20 April 2004 torsoplasty - 9 January 2006 Happy at weight - it floats from 129 to 133 - Loving it.
Donna Paige
on 3/1/06 8:21 pm - Pottstown, PA
Hi Lurking Lara! LOL I'm glad to hear that you are doing ok. Good luck on giving up the sugar. I can't seem to give up the chocolate or sugar. Can't eat meat but I can eat the heck out of a hershey bar. Anyway hope your back feels better soon! Take Care! Donna
Larakatya
on 3/1/06 1:27 am - Twin Cities, MN
Topic: RE: Ulcer
I haven't but I'm wishing you healing and positive energy. ~Lara
Larakatya
on 3/1/06 1:26 am - Twin Cities, MN
Topic: Lent and Howdie
So, Sugar-free junkie that I am now, I've decided to give up "Fake Sugar" for Lent. Wish me luck? I'm still lurking around from time to time. Life still going along as it does. I'm still at goal, but not getting to exercise as often makes me less than happy about the way my body looks. I miss my muscles. I'm back to working out about 3 times a week, but its not the same kind of gratification that the running was. I don't feel as buff as I used to. The back is hurting less and less, but can still cause pain on days when I've overdone it (like last night). Welcome to all those new folks that I've missed. Hi there to all the ladies who know me from way back. I can't believe we're almost to 2 years now. For those who don't know me - I took down my profile because of odd "Fan mail" that scared the beejeesus out of me but I'm a April 1st 2004 girl, who lost from 400+ (best guess 425) to 190. Sometimes I'm lower, but generally I don't feel healthy below 190 - I'm 6'3" tall. Anyway, Hi, ~Lara
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views