Recent Posts

Larakatya
on 3/29/06 1:43 am - Twin Cities, MN
Topic: RE: Hi from Peg
Hi lady!!! Nice to read you're doing well. I'm praying that your tests come out Great! *hug* ~Lara
Larakatya
on 3/29/06 1:35 am - Twin Cities, MN
Topic: RE: Two Years -- Just Around the Corner
Oh, I'm "hungry" every two hours. And training for running gave me "sloppy" habits - since I was needing the fuel with my high metabolism to work so hard. Now, with walking being my main exercise - I don't need the constant carbing that my running habits had necessitated. I'm not going upwards too much, but I'm feeling the pants get a bit snugger. Like you - its WAR! 1. Lenten crap dump - gave up my sugar free excuses, with one day a week off. No more daily SF candies! And diet coke ONLY when stuck. (I had started drinking it like they were going to stop making it soon or something!) 2. Water water water - My thirst que is still exactly the same as a hunger que. I'm pumping the hydration up and its making a difference. 3. Back to action - I'm walking regularly - as the pain of my surgery made my activity level the only true casualty. I'm back on track, and teaching a fitness class which has motivated me beyond anything else thus far! 4. Support - I'm BACK. And I'm talking more IRL to people again. I get frustrated with newbies asking things like "How soon can I go back to illicit substances" and "when did you smoke again?" and "So, eating cheetos at 3 days out is a bad thing?!?" So I'm trying to stick to more of the Long-timers I know rather than newbie support groups. 5. Protein - I'm working hard to get the protein fwd habit back firmly in place as I no longer have the "need for glycogen stores" excuse to justify my carb addiction. HUG HUG HUG, ~Lara
Larakatya
on 3/29/06 1:25 am - Twin Cities, MN
Topic: Surgiversary in sight!
Hi there April 04 Board! As your resident April Fool (April 1st, 2004 was my date) I'm here to say: Let the BOOGIEING DOWN Commence! We're almost 2 years out, and life is AMAZING! Some of my highlights include: *loss of my goalweight - 220lbs gone hopefully forever. *gain of a loving life partner and wife *Loss of about 6 "friends" who apparently weren't (2 tears in a bucket. . .) *Completion of a 10 mile running race *rupture of 3 disks and spine surgery (yikes!) *a solid foundation to live a healthy lifestyle for the rest of my days And now - I'm teaching a Fitness Walking class for the Running Room here in Minnesota. It is SO much fun! What are your highlights? Is there anything you'd change? Love and respect to all, ~Lara 400+/190@goal and maintaing!
Larakatya
on 3/28/06 10:34 pm - Twin Cities, MN
Topic: RE: Wow, no posts
When I started getting dehydrated - I added back Crystal Light and SF KoolAid. Otherwise, Lenten thing is going amazingly well. I really had picked up some silly habits of eating crap all over again. I also got inspired and swapped out all my chips and cheetos with the baked ones - which just aren't as inspiring to eat - I feel less junk food - "crave-y" now that I'm back to eating more organic, more baked, more healthful, more whole-grain. My weight hasn't really changed at all - I just feel better. My lovely wife and I are doing smashingly! We are moving on Saturday, out of our current apt with my old roommate into our own little lovenest built for 2. We're beyond excited about it. But I'll miss my roommate - luckily he'll be just down the hall, as we're moving across the hallway from him. There's one other thing, but I'm going to make a post about it. I miss you guys too - but I'm so glad everyone is doing great and living their lives! *hugs* And AWESOME - 4/26 is RIGHT around the corner!!!!! ~Lara
Just Janice
on 3/28/06 10:23 pm - Houston, TX
Thank Ya, Baby Girl!!!! I got my date yesterday...4/26!!! How are you and the Lovely Mrs. doing? How are the Lenten things going? Man, I couldn't so that..my blood type is Splenda...LOL I miss seeing you and everyone here, but I guess that is a good thing...we are OUT...LIVING!!!! WH-HOOOOOOOOO! Smooches! Janice
Larakatya
on 3/28/06 10:20 pm - Twin Cities, MN
WOO HOO!!! *hugs and High-Fives* ~Lara
Dedicated
on 3/27/06 7:55 pm - Eleva, WI
Good luck with your tests!
Rae Smiles
on 3/27/06 2:16 am - Mount Airy, MD
Hi Peg, thanks for updating us on your progress. Sounds like you are turning the corner and are doing very well....I will keep you in my thoughts as you head to your next round of tests. RAE
Pegtrala
on 3/25/06 3:46 pm - Beaverton, OR
Thanks Toni. This is quite a journey we are all taking. Life is good. Peg
tonishappy
on 3/24/06 8:52 pm - Greensboro, NC
Thanks for the update Peg - it is nice to see how everyone is doing and it is so glad to hear that your doing better. Toni
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views