Recent Posts

(deactivated member)
on 4/23/06 7:56 am - woodbury, NJ
Topic: RE: Questions about Blue Cross/Shield of NC
yup got em and can't eat sometimes..hurt bad ..i'm on medication too
lacmike
on 4/21/06 12:06 pm - York, PA
Topic: Two year anniversary today!
Hi Everyone, Do you believe we are out 2 years. Today is my exact two year mark, I weighed 136 lbs today, I have pretty much stayed between 136-140 since last September, my blood pressure is 100/70, the other day it was 90/60...(The best ever) I am wearing a comfortable size 6 but can wear a four if I want. I still have struggles every day, I am still trying to get my families acceptance (they are now convinced even more that I am an anorexic-my mother told me if I eat one more rice cake I will turn into one) Of course I can not find a 30d bra anywhere. I am still having a little difficulty with my self image as well as the many man troubles I have had over the course of the last two years but all in all, I have never been this happy with my weight in my life. Thank you God for helping me find this weight loss solution and thank you for giving me the strength to be successful. I have also acquired a taste for sweet and salty popcorn which is driving me crazy but I think this proves that I will continue my success. Thank you to everyone who has been there for me during the past two years. I love you all. Lori 258-136
DianneW
on 4/21/06 11:22 am - Louisville, KY
Topic: RE: Triangle Area Support Group Meeting
Happy Anniversary to everyone, I've lost 210, my bmi is 19.9 I can't believe it. I feel great. Dianne
DianneW
on 4/21/06 11:13 am - Louisville, KY
Topic: RE: Question for Post ops:
My anniversary was 4/15 - I've lost 210 pounds weigh in at 130. BMI is 19.9 unbelievable. I got a new job that I love. Moved to a new town. All new friends. Still have some old friends. Dating for the first time in years. No plastic surgery, need it but scared because of the risks. Exercise and love it. Wear a size 6. I'm happy for the first time in years. ps. sorry I haven't checked in for a while. Dianne
Just Janice
on 4/18/06 2:44 am - Houston, TX
Topic: RE: Gallbladder
Hi Terrie! I had one attack, in September, and they ripped that little sucker out of there. I never had issues before or after that. That was the only thing that could have been deemed as a "complication" from the RNY for me, and even that is debatable as to whether or not it would or would not have eventually given out if I did not have surgery. Good luck and keep us updated!!! Janice 350+/346/310/150/135 highest/consult/DOS/goal/current weight
Dedicated
on 4/17/06 9:47 am - Eleva, WI
Topic: RE: Gallbladder
I have the same weak shakiness. Its usually from too many carbs for me. I had my gallbladder removed years ago, so its not that for me.
Terrie62
on 4/16/06 1:41 pm - SACRAMENTO, CA
Topic: Gallbladder
I was wondering if anyone had trouble with their gallbladder. Mine was supposed to be removed due to stones during my bypass but due to complications the doctor didn't have time to remove it. I have had no problems after surgery except an ulcer which I take meds for. Just this month I am having pain and sometimes I just feel weak and feel shaky and lightheaded. I just can't believe my luck, that 2 years later I am making an appointment for more surgery. Is there anyone else going through the same thing?
jccarrillo
on 4/13/06 11:39 am - Carlsbad, CA
Topic: Does anyone know if Blue Shield HMO will cover plastic after surgery?
I have just begun the process for the bariatric surgery. I have Scripps Med Group. I am fairly sure they will cover the gastic bypass. I am wondering if anyone has gotten Blue Shield HMO to cover plastic surgery for breast lifts or tummy tucks. Thank you. I appreciate any info anyone can give me. I'm New to this.
Condento
on 4/12/06 8:17 am - Newark, NJ
Topic: Aetna Insurance Approval
I am in the process of taking various tests and gathering information for Aetna, which I heard is tough. Besides test results for sleep apnea, back surgery, etc. what other documentation really clinches the process. Did anyone use family information of sleep apnea, cancer, etc. ? And if Aetna disapproves the first time around, do people usually get approved in the end. Really need some feedback and hope. Thanks
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views