Recent Posts

Jaime_C
on 4/28/06 7:05 pm - Moreno Valley, CA
Topic: RE: Using a supplement to help your tool.....
Hi, Rachel! I lost what I gained living in hotels while Shannon was in the hospital (my daughter was paralyzed this summer) but then, now I seem to be gaining since my own emergency surgery a couple weeks ago... they had to remove 5 disks from my neck and put in a plate thru the front, and then thru the back, fuse C4-T1 ... so now I have 5 on top, an 5 fused below!! Apparently the diseased disks damaged my spinal cord permanently, and so onward the journey goes. I think isometric bed exercises and not eating sugar keep me the same weight I've been almost two years. I had hoped to lose more, but it seems 160 is my weight for now, down only 70 lbs from my top weight. Jaime
MR.G
on 4/27/06 11:33 pm - Greenwood, SC
Topic: TWO YEARS AGO TODAY!!!!!!
Two years ago today was the begining of my new healthy life. I thank God every day for this new life. Dr. Bour has saved my life!!!! The Greenville Hospital System in Greenville SC did an article in there Inside Health Magazine on my weight loss surgery. I have attached a copy of the magazine. My article starts on page 16. I wanted to share it with you. I was very honored that my doctor ask me to participate in this. Click on this web page www.ghs.org/10194/. Once you are on this page click where it says click here. Terry G
amomfor2angels
on 4/26/06 9:16 am - Grovetown, GA
Hello. I have stopped losing weight. In fact, I havent really lost anything in over one year. I went from 250 to 138, but bumped back up to 142-145 and have stayed there for over a year now. The past 2 weeks I have gained like 3 pounds but am back using Fitday.com so I hope to lose that last 10 pounds. I wish I would lose more, but I think Im done. I havent seen my surgeon, due to moving out of state. I still need to find one in my area and get labs done and would love to get my pouch scoped to make sure everything is ok. Somedays I feel I can eat the house!!
Josie C.
on 4/26/06 6:20 am - High Desert, CA
Topic: Happy Surgiversary!!
Happy Surgiversary to ME! Happy Surgiversary to ME! Two years...can you believe it? Two years and -115 (give or take 10lbs depending on scale and my mood LOL!). I'm still not at goal (technically I still qualify for surgery) and maybe I may never get to goal; however, I would not trade what I have gotten so far...my life has changed so much. I have so much to be thankful for...first to my sister, Lucy, if it wasn't for her being so persistent about wanting to have the surgery I would not have done all that research and soul searching. Thanks to her I have a new lease on life too! *Love ya Lucy!* Second...thank you to my Angelettes (Barbara M, Cheryl B, Dale W)...even though I am not a perfect Angel, you have let me into your lives and let me help and support you through this amazing journey. Each time I helped one of you it helped me stay my course too! Thanks to all of you on OH...not only have you supported me and my sister, but you have become my second family. Some of you I am closer to than others...just like in my blood family, but I still love ya all. Thanks to you all I have a full life again. Even with all the squabbles, it brings me joy, because prior to this even though my life was squabble-free it was a solitary existence. I wouldn't trade that or you for the quiet life I lead before. I would love to say something profound, but nothing I can say/type can express my feelings. I'm so amazed at how good I feel...now if only I can become an exercise Diva like Lynette P...then I'll feel simply MAH-VOL-EOUS! Thank you! Josie
Donna Paige
on 4/25/06 9:44 am - Pottstown, PA
Still losing here on a consistent basis which I'm thrilled about. It's much slower but I continue to drop around 3-5lbs a month.
Dedicated
on 4/25/06 8:46 am - Eleva, WI
Geez, I wish! I finally have health insurance again, so I'm going to an endocrynologist to treat my pcos and that should help jump start things again.
noahjordan
on 4/25/06 7:43 am - Conover, NC
Topic: still losing at two years out?
I'm wondering how many of us are still losing well past the 'window of opportunity'... I had my two-year check-up today, and I am still losing, 5 more pounds in the past three months. I lost 40 lbs prior to surgery and 154 lb since surgery. I'm proximal, not distal. I started off pretty slow, but have steadily lost weight throughout this journey. I've had some complications and been really sick at times. I haven't been able to exercise in months. I asked my surgeon today if he thought that I'm still not absorbing a lot of what I'm taking in, especially given my problems with iron level being so low. He says no, that it's just the better diet ( low, low carb and high protein) and smaller portions/calories. I just find it strange that I'm still losing at a pretty steady rate. Anyone else? Rachel
Larakatya
on 4/25/06 7:15 am - Twin Cities, MN
Donna Paige
on 4/24/06 9:54 am - Pottstown, PA
Topic: Two years and had my LAST surgery
Who would have thought two years could go by soooo fast! I started this journey hitting the scales at over 350lbs. I was 339 officially on the docs weight in. Today I am 134lbs and I know part of that weight is swelling. I had my gallbladder out on Thanksgiving of 2004. Then I after loosing over 150lbs I started the plastic surgery route to remove the excess skin. On December 5th of 2004 I had a tummy tuck with anchor incision and a breast reduction done. I dropped quite a bit of weight then down to around 135lbs. Insurance covered those procedures. Not being happy with my thighs and being turned down by insurance I decided to take out a home equity loan to get them done. On April 14th just 2 years and 2 days of my OPEN RNY I had my thighplasty and a revision to my anchor incision. It has been 8 days since the surgery and I am still sore etc..... but sooo thrilled to have my final surgery done. My arms etc will just have to be flappy. I'm tired of being cut on. LOL Still dealing with a 1 1/4" ulcer but it's all good. My journey has been long and painful but such a wonderful journey that I would do it again in a minute. Thankful am I to have such lovely people on this journey with me. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ALL YOU GORGEOUS APRIL BUDDIES!!!!!!! Donna Paige 350+/339official/134 with major swelling 4/14/04-Open RNY 11/27/04-Open GB 12/5/05-Tummy Tuck w/ anchor incision and BR 4/14/06-Thighplasty with major revision to my anchor incision and belly button.
Donna Paige
on 4/24/06 9:45 am - Pottstown, PA
Topic: RE: Two year anniversary today!
Hi Lori! Glad to hear your doing ok. Donna Paige
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views