Recent Posts

(deactivated member)
on 6/6/06 1:51 am - woodbury, NJ
lacmike
on 6/4/06 8:01 am - York, PA
Topic: RE: Update on me
Lara, I am so glad to hear you are doing well. I too thank God for this gift every day! Lori
lacmike
on 6/4/06 7:59 am - York, PA
Topic: RE: Bathing suit!!!
Rae, That is so great. I have been wearing a two piece and I do not care if anyone sees my scar. I lived with one on my stomach all my life and it does not bother me. The only think I wish my thighs were more toned. I am so happy for you! Lori
Happy Girl
on 5/30/06 6:00 am - New Braunfels, TX
Congratulations! I'm sure you look gorgeous!
Larakatya
on 5/17/06 1:55 pm - Twin Cities, MN
Topic: RE: Using a supplement to help your tool.....
I'm so sorry to read I'm not the only one with extreme makeover:spine edition in my life. My back surgery was no where near as intense as yours, but the pain is no joke. I was blessed that we got my disc removed before it caused too much permanent damage (still numbness, but no more intense leg agony and only minor weakness.) I'm wishing you well, and feel free to email me anytime. ~Lara
Larakatya
on 5/17/06 1:43 pm - Twin Cities, MN
Congrats RAE!!! *hugs* ~Lara
Larakatya
on 5/17/06 1:41 pm - Twin Cities, MN
Topic: Update on me
Hi there my April Peeps, I've been away but you all are fondly in my heart. I'm fully "recovered" from my back surgery, but my back pain continues to be intermittently debilitating. I've been referred to a Chronic Pain center, and in 2 months when my name gets off the waiting list I can expect to learn techniques that will help me adjust to my new life with pain. It can be extremely frustrating to be at goal - and healthy, but unable to move due to the pain in my back. It inspires feelings of hopelessness that my therapist and I are working on. I know there is light at the end of my tunnel - if not a life without severe back pain, at least better coping mechanisms for dealing with it. I thank god every day for my WLS - as suffering with this pain in addition to the pain I used to be in every day - I can't bear the thought of it. My prognosis is very good provided I keep the hardwon success my WLS has helped me earn. The walking class is going strong. Often its hard to limit myself to just walking - but sometimes its hard just to be able to walk. I'm not certain if I'll be teaching the next section of it or not. But I'm still exploring options to get a good low impact workout. I am deeply in love with my darling wife - she's incredible. I'm very very lucky. Anyway, I've babbled enough. I'm sending love to all my April compadres, ~Lara
Rae Smiles
on 5/17/06 12:03 am - Mount Airy, MD
Topic: Bathing suit!!!
Ok, I am still in shock.... Went to the mall and while I was there thought about purchasing a bathing suit...it has been easy 12 yrs since my body has touched a bathing suit... Anyway, I was in a playful mood...took several one pieces back and picked up a two piece, just to see... Well, I put on the two piece first and about fell over...it looked damn good, if I do say so myself.... The assistant came back and asked how I was doing....I opened the curtain and she said...WOW, that suits looks great...I started to tear up.... She had no idea what I have done to myself over the last 2 years...WLS, tummy tuck and breast lift... So, I bought it!! RAE The bathing suit covers my tt scar, which is a fine line anyway.... anyway, I wanted to share....
ruthdebra
on 5/10/06 2:19 am - Palm Springs, CA
Topic: RE: Happy 2 Years..
Hey, Jamie - it's been a long time. Hadn't checked this list for ages. Life is so busy. Congrats to you on your anniversary. Me too. My weight fluctuates too - from 113-118 on any given day or week. Lost 135-140 pounds. Who would have guessed we'd be saying this 2 years ago. Hope you can get to PS one of these days - or I'll get to LA. Las Vegas this weekend as it's Pride festival time again. Take care, hugs, Ruth
Sue B
on 4/29/06 1:52 pm - WI
Topic: RE: Using a supplement to help your tool.....
I had Blue Cross & They covered my Bypass 100% ... I had to pay for my breast lift & Arm lift myself ... Sue 320/130 RNY 4-27-04
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views