Recent Posts

DianneW
on 10/23/06 4:22 am - Louisville, KY
Topic: RE: ULCER
I have not had an ulcer but I take Nexium every day. I do have diarehea about every 3 months which my dr. says is wasting syndrome from the extra instestine building up bacteria. I have to take antibiotics. Good luck. Dianne
DianneW
on 10/23/06 3:52 am - Louisville, KY
DianneW
on 10/23/06 3:51 am - Louisville, KY
Topic: RE: always eating -- help me
Sorry, I've been away for so long (I lost my password), I've gained 17 pounds from my lowest (which was really to skinny) as well. I did fit day today and realized fat and carbs are way up and protien is way down. I know what I have to do. I made a committment to do a mini-marathon in April, that should help as well. Dianne 342/125/142
jennifer76
on 10/19/06 3:27 am - Bonifay, FL
Topic: ULCER
Hello been awhile.. I had gotten to where I could not eat again.. So I went to a stomach Dr Because all my GB Dr kept sayin was thats why you have this surgery is so you can't eat much.. Well I knew that but I should been able to take more then 2 bites and be full and me this far out... So I went to the Stomach Dr and had an Upper GI done and found out that I have an Ulcer the size of a Golf ball right where the new stomach and the Intestines is join now.. And the Dr said he is seeing this in GB People.. And he said its cause from not getting enough blood flow through.. And I also have a BAD Yeast infection in the Esophagus said he is seeing this also in GB people said thats from not enough acid... But hes gonna recheck me the first of December to see how the meds are working he said I could be looking at having the surgery reversed... I was just wanting to see if anyone else is having this problem or that U know of... I also know another girl that had her GB by the same DR and she had an Ulcer also.. I have not talked to her to find out where hers is But was wanting to check with all yall also... To see how everyone else is doing.... Thanks for any help.. JENNIFER
Rachelq
on 10/5/06 4:20 pm - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Topic: RE: GREAT NEWS - for me at least
Sue, Belated congratulations! I only lurk now and then these days! Can't give you any advice, but I know 2 people that have had babies since wls and one that is currently preggers (well now i know 2). I can tell you mommies and babies are all doing well! Wishing you good health, Rachel
Just Janice
on 9/14/06 10:36 am - Houston, TX
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! Girl, I am SO happy for you! Please keep us updated on how you are doing...this board may come back to life yet!!! LOL Oh, as an aside, you prolly already know there is a preggo board here for posties... OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH!!! BABYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! MUAH Baby Girl! All the best! Janice
Rae Smiles
on 9/11/06 12:06 am - Mount Airy, MD
Hi Sue, Can't help you out on the pregnancy thing...but I will congratulate you AND wish you all the best. RAE
lacmike
on 9/9/06 12:48 pm - York, PA
Congradulations Sweetie. I wish you well! The best advice I can give you is to freeze your child at 10 and thaw him or her out at 23. Many blessings, just keep following your diet and you should do well. Love, Lori
ShellieD
on 9/6/06 4:42 pm - braham, MN
Topic: RE: Wow, no posts
HI I am new to the board i had my surgery 4/5/06 and l just found out about this chat line. I just had my tt on the 24th of aug. and i feel really good. kinda strange to find my belly button. The only problem i am having is when i quit taking the meds they gave me i cant seem to rest i have to move all the time. it is now 1:30am and i took two ty p.m. around ten and i cant seem to sleep. do you have any side affects from the meds. i hope things went well with your tt shellie
Sue B
on 9/6/06 12:59 pm - WI
Topic: GREAT NEWS - for me at least
Well I haven't been here for awhile, and I am now "Lurking" around to see what has been going on & to see what everyone is up to ... not much it appears! Well, I have good news to share - I just found out I am Pregnanat ... WOO HOO here comes another wild ride for me ... If anyone out there is Post-Op and pregnant, or recently had a baby & has any advice for life after WLS with Pregnancy let me know!! Sue B 320/135
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views