Recent Posts

thin_tyme
on 11/6/06 3:37 am - WY
Topic: RE: diet after 2 years
so are you maintaing weight right now or are you still losing weight? I think I need to play around with the "diet" from my post and see what helps me to lose weight. Thanks for your reply. Mechelle
Dedicated
on 11/3/06 8:25 am - Eleva, WI
My doctor says never more than 1,000 calories the rest of my life. Always get 60 grams of protein and then nonstarch veggies then fruit.
lacmike
on 11/2/06 6:26 am - York, PA
For me it depends what the meal is. I have seen myself eat a salad and piece of meat one night and the next day eat an entire sandwich. I have not been doing good with breakfast lately, they keep discontinuing my darn yogurt. If I eat a crab cake I can do two three ounce ones and a salad but not to much more. I have been also drinking with my meals. Someone at work is doing the Eat for your blood type diet but everything I love I can not eat. I am just at a loss as well and trying not to get to discouraged over 8 lbs. Holding onto this has not been to bad and it could be worse. Lori
thin_tyme
on 11/2/06 6:13 am - WY
Topic: RE: always eating -- help me
Lori You are still here, oh good. I havent' been on in sooooooooooo long. But I had been with out a computer. I still don't have the internet but I have access at work sometimes. It sounds like we are all having some struggles right now with the weight coming back on. damn.... I have started as of yesterday following somethoing. It is in a post on here. I hope it works for me, I too feel bad about the gain. I will talk to you later. Mechelle
thin_tyme
on 11/1/06 11:03 pm - WY
Topic: diet after 2 years
Hello all of you. I have not been around for about a year now. No computer at home, it crashed. Now I have a new one but not internet yet, so I am at work. Any way the names on here do not look familiar to me so I am really lost. I am posting today because I have a diet question. What and how much is everyone eating, the ones that are still trying to lose weight? I'd like to know about carbs, protein especially, how many calories and percents. I have gained 10 pounds back and so I have actually 20 pounds to lose. My surgeon is out of the country and I never had a nutritionist. So I am looking to all of you for some advice. Basically I had stopped weighing my food and really paying attention, I thought that I was really watching but not really, if you know what I mean. I just started yesterday with this plan: B-3 oz protein 2 oz starch 2 oz fruit L-3 oz protein 2 oz fruit 2 oz vegetable D 3 oz. protein 2 oz vegetable 2 oz starch I am hoping that I might see results but I don't know if I am doing it right. Tahnk s for any help and I hope that I can get on more often and re-meet/meet new friends during all of this. Thanks Mechelle
lacmike
on 10/29/06 1:36 am - York, PA
Topic: RE: always eating -- help me
I think we are all in the same boat, now the weight is coming back on. My lowest weight was 138, I weigh about 147. Ten pounds might seem not like a lot, but to us it is. Actually I do not look like I gained weight but my thighs and butt are not fitting the size 4's and 6's like they did over the summer and I am finding myself wearing 8's and 10's. At my support group meeting last month, the moderator stressed just remember where you came from. I know where my problem is and I have to work on it. I am not in a happy place right now. I have an 18 year old daughter who is acting out! I am no longer in a relationship. I am eating rice cakes like no tomorrow which is increasing my calories and carbs, and I am not getting in enough protein. I have also been anemic becuase I forgot to buy vitamins and my iron went really low. Of course with cold weather heading our way, I am not as active with my exercise. My daughter's behavior is putting me in a really bad place. My best advice to pin point where you are going wrong. I just mentioned what I am doing bad and I know I have to make the change but it is becoming difficult in the emotional state I am in. I know once I get happy again, I will be fine. Lori 258/147/135
Donna Paige
on 10/25/06 9:53 am - Pottstown, PA
Topic: RE: ULCER
Hi Jennifer, Sounds very familiar. I had a 3CM ulcer in the duodenom. Couldn't eat and lost quite a bit of weight. I got down to 127lbs. Ulcer is now completely healed and I now weight 142lbs. I had the ulcer in like January and it was completely healed on my last EDG in July. Hurt like heck and glad to have the sucker gone. I think it's a normal thing for us from what I am told. I took Prilosec (cheaper but slower healing than nexium) course in my case it healed pretty quickly. I also had Carafate. I would never ever let anyone redo my surgery. Hell it's the best thing that ever happened to this old lady given all the complications I have had. Still suffer from severe malnutrition and anemia though. I am under the care of an hemotologist. And since my plastics I have developed Lymphedema. BUT I still would do it all over again. Love being thin. Well not quite as thin as I was but still relatively thin. Best Wishes! Donna Paige
jennifer76
on 10/25/06 8:40 am - Bonifay, FL
I would think so But.. Thats the way it has been... Dr says its cause I don't eat much so not much in to come out... But I eat as much as I can...
Dedicated
on 10/25/06 8:33 am - Eleva, WI
Shouldn't you be way more regular than that, being this far out?
jennifer76
on 10/23/06 5:26 am - Bonifay, FL
I wish i would get Diarehea more often I hardly ever go to the bathroom... I go maybe 1 time a week if that.. I can always tell when I need to start taking something to help me go.. My belly starts swelling... But thanks anyways for the feed back!! GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALSO.... Jennifer
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views