Recent Posts

Larakatya
on 11/17/06 8:10 am - Twin Cities, MN
Topic: RE: always eating -- help me
*hug* Its something everyone warned me about, but until it happens to me I don't think I was ready for it. I was told "This is just a tool, it doesn't fix your brain - just your stomach" When I'm under stress - I want to turn to food. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. What I do that helps: 1. Talk to a therapist. 2. Journal my feelings - figure out what I'm really hungry for - often its not food. 3. Drink more fluids. (Some days it feels I'll just float away) 4. Do some kind of exercise - even if I don't want to. Sending love and support ~Lara
Larakatya
on 11/17/06 8:04 am - Twin Cities, MN
Topic: RE: GREAT NEWS - for me at least
Big congratulations Sue!!! *hugs* ~Lara
Larakatya
on 11/17/06 8:02 am - Twin Cities, MN
Topic: RE: ULCER
*hugs* Sorry to read that you're having such a rough time of things. My RNY is in good shape, and i've been very blessed to not have any real complications as a result of it. That's not to say life hasn't been exciting and filld with all kinds of challenges, but that's another story. Sending you love and positive thoughts ~Lara
Larakatya
on 11/17/06 7:58 am - Twin Cities, MN
Topic: RE: Update on me !!
*hug* Sorry to read you had to have a 2nd surgery. Glad to read that you're healing up. Sending love and positive thoughts for your journey's new path. ~Lara Lap RNY 4-1-04
Larakatya
on 11/17/06 7:56 am - Twin Cities, MN
Topic: RE: diet after 2 years
I've got 10 new friends that I don't like. I've been working to just get back to basics. I'm still sugar-free, working to get less carbs (As I'm a carb grazer from time to time. . . and I'd rather eat carb than anything else). *hugs for all* ~Lara
Rae Smiles
on 11/12/06 11:54 pm - Mount Airy, MD
Hi, Obviously while we all have something in common, WLS, we are different in that we have different surgeons, different bodies, etc... Personally, I eat every 3 hours (or so)....small amounts, but if I don't eat, I feel like crap. Your plan does NOT seem like enough food....someone mentioned NEVER more than 1000 calories per day...omg, I would be a stick by now... I get in between 1500-2400 per day...depending on many factors....I maintain my weight on this plan...sometimes I am up a pound or two, sometimes down.... If I get in less than 1500 per day for more than a day or so, I drop weight quickly...not looking to lose anymore. So, try it and see how it works...but...perhaps you should add in a meal/snack before bedtime...even a protein drink like unjury....low calories, but plenty of protein. Just my two cents for what it is worth.... and like I mentioned, all bodies are different. Best wishes, RAE
mikkozoe
on 11/12/06 10:43 pm - Conyers, GA
Topic: Update on me !!
WEll in Aug of 06 i found out that i had no restriction in my pouch at all ...So the pouch heald nothing .....( went for testing after gaining about 40 pounds this year) so went to my surgon that said there was nothing he could do for me ...What ever .....So i started my research and looked for a new surgon and no one in the state would come near me ....Sucks totally ...And insurance would not cover a out of state doc.....So needless to say i ended up in Mexico on Nov 3 for a lap band ...I figuered that it is adjustable and will give me the restriction that i never had or had lost ....So i am in my healing stages now and they said i will not feel a restriction until i get a fill ...which will be about dec 22 so i will keep you all posted and all ...But after all i went thru two and a half years ago i never thought i would be going thru this again ...Totally sucks but hopefully this will work for me and help me get the weight off i never did ...... Laura
thin_tyme
on 11/6/06 10:37 pm - WY
awesome for you for losing the 4 pounds. I thought that I had kicked it into gear myself but I am doing something wrong. Keep it up!!! Mechelle Maybe my problem is not getting my water in, I'll give that one a try because I sure am excercising.
Dedicated
on 11/6/06 8:37 pm - Eleva, WI
I've been maintaining because I haven't been following the plan.... my own darn fault. I kicked it into gear last week and lost 4 pounds! Just added back exercise and started watching my intake of food and getting my water in again!
thin_tyme
on 11/6/06 3:39 am - WY
Hi Lori, I always surprise myself when I can sometimes eat more than what I should and then other times it is very little. MMMMMMM crab cakes sound good, where do you buy kthem? I'd like to try that. Thanks Lori Mechelle
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views