Recent Posts

Jaime_C
on 1/3/07 7:21 am - Moreno Valley, CA
Topic: January is "Take your Vitamn(s) Month
Hi, all. I've been corresponding with Mechelle, and we are trying to support each other for getting back on track. Personally, I find habits easiest to build if I focus on one area for thirty days. I stopped taking my vitamins when my daughter paralyzed in a car accident a year and one half ago, and now it is time for me to take good care of me. The one change in January we are going to focus MOST on (all getting back on track things like eating good food, not drinking caffeine, exercising are good to try) taking our vitamin(s). I've been reading a lot of posts on our board with people like us having trouble not losing all the weight, or having the weight creep up, so we decided to invite you to join us in our quest! Have you taken your vitamins today? Jaime
thin_tyme
on 1/1/07 9:53 am - WY
Topic: RE: diet after 2 years
Hi RAE It's funny but on the lower calories I am not losing more weight. I am really at a loss right now. Thank you for the suggestions. I am going to try it and take in a protein shake before bed. Talk to you later Mechelle
Happy Girl
on 1/1/07 3:01 am - New Braunfels, TX
Topic: RE: Recent gain is a BIG loss for me...HELP!
Geez!! I know exactly how you are feeling...I had my surgery in April of 2004 and have gained 13 lbs this year! My clothes are feeling tighter and I am feeling discouraged and upset with myself! I came back to OH for the support and to try and get back on track!
Jaime_C
on 12/31/06 6:39 am - Moreno Valley, CA
Pam, I could relate to everything you wrote. Even me, who can't exercise because of my spinal cord and column injuries... I can still walk every day, even if only 1/2 a mile. I know we can do this! Jaime
Jaime_C
on 12/30/06 5:35 am - Moreno Valley, CA
I'm so glad to see people posting on this! I, too, am struggling, and back after being gone a long time. For me, I left because my daughter was paralyzed in a terrible car accident. My whole FAMILY has gained weight. i'm with the person who said I hit a low of 157 for a minute, and I'm up to 166-169. I used to waver between 158 and 163. I had a bony spur grow into my spinal cord, so I am on a ton of medicine, and can't exercise at all. I JUST got back into water therapy, and have been told i have to have ANOTHER cervical surgey to remove the hardware. I long to be free of all the weight I set out to lose. My doc wants to see me at 140. All I can do is take a day at a time. I got into eating candy which stopped my weight loss. I still can't eat very much at a sitting; for me, it's WHAT I choose to eat. I'd love to continue this kind of thread, and help each other out. I've always been told to eat 1/3 of what I used to eat, and a mixture of protein, carbs, etc. I just gave up sugar, because it is my downfall, and hopefully that will help me. I've never counted calories ... but I think it's more important for me to eat every 3 hours in small amounts, focusing on protein, and getting in my water. Oh, and I need to take vitamins again. i think I struggle with cravings bc I don't take my vits. Hope to talk with you all soon, so we can all get "back on track." Jaime
pammy157
on 12/28/06 6:16 pm - colchester, CT
RNY on 03/30/04 with
Topic: RE: always eating -- help me
hello! i was reading old posts and wondered how everyone was doing with this issue. it seem slike we all go through it. there has got to be something more that can be done to change this. but what? we need our doctors who know that we needed to have this surgery to help us lose the initial weight to help us do something more! what ? i dont have a clue but they found the surgery so now they have got to find the cure for this gaining back. I'm working out but then threw my back out. can't go to the gym. i'm drinking so much water i feel like a fish. i'm maintaining but am so scared. maybe the fear is the key? we all have this problem. there are some who are stronger and keep it to a minium. i want to get to my lowest weight of 157 again. i want to feel that way again. this 10 extra pounds aggravates me. i chew so much gum my jaw hurts! i throw away more food than i should even think about. lets make 2007 the end of weight gain and the beginning of our using our pouch to its fullest! good luck and god bles syou all.
pammy157
on 12/27/06 7:26 pm - colchester, CT
RNY on 03/30/04 with
hi denise, i too was scared at the weight that i have gained in the past year. we worked so hard to lose this and took such a drastic thing to do it. the lowest i was at was 157 i want to be there again! right now i'm at 167 I hate that its 10 pounds more. I've had to work very hard to keep it right there too. Then again no one told me that this surgery was going to be forever. I read and heard all the storys about how people can gain the weight back. We still have our tool and we need to use it correctly. I too eat every 3 hours. My blood sugar would drop after my surgery if I didn't. Thats one reason why I'm having a hard time losing that additional 10 pounds. I panic each time it goes up closer to the 170 mark. What I did find was that now almost 3 years out the blood sugar doesn't always drop if I go longer than 3 hours. I think it was my fear of it dropping because I hated the way it made me feel. My heart would race, I would feel dizzy, and hollow. sounds would seem like they were coming from a millions miles away. I couldnt think clearly. Now who would want to feel that way? Anyone would take a snack with them. I use to carry protein bars in my purse to avoid that! Little by little I would wait before I would eat something between meals. I wanted to see what would happen. I wasn't having those blood sugar levels drop liek they did when i was closer to just having had the surgery. yes they still would drop but it got to be longer than every 3 hours. And i did find too if I waited and didn't snack right away but had somethign to drink I couldmake it go longer sometimes right to a meal time. I still carry a snack with me in my purse but what I've done is take a look at what I'm carrying. When our blood sugar drops drastically we need soemthing to boost it up. The protein bars are great but protein takes longer to get us back to normal to what our body needs and what it needs is something quick. Most of the protein bars that I find are high calories. I always make sure to get sugar free ones but then they have alot of sugar alcohol which i can't process very well. gives me gas...So i keep a small box of raisins with me in my purse! the raisins have sugar in them but its a more natural sugar that boosts the blood sugar level. I dont' always eat something now between meals. I've got it so that I don't eat those raisins every day. I drink water, decaf tea or coffee, sometimes a low fat glass of milk in between meals too. that helps to keep me full. The milk is good casue it gives us some calcium that we need and it has protein in it too. thats a good bet! I dont know if that is a help and i'm no doctor but it helps me alittle bit. We now are normal sized and along with that have the worries of normal sized people. my always thin daughter watches what she eats every day. she eats healthy and excersizes daily too. thats a biggie! the excersize when we do it daily helps us to maintaine and lose. Good luck and god bless, pam
pammy157
on 12/27/06 7:09 pm - colchester, CT
RNY on 03/30/04 with
Hello, I'm not sure if this is any help but what the heck it can't hurt! right? The lowest I was at was 157. I'd love to be there again. That was for about a minute then I got up 167. I've been there give or take a pound for over a year. It will go down to 160 but then creep up again. I work out regualarly, watch what I eat. I pretty much stick to protein with some carbs. I weight and measure. STay away from sugars.Try to get my vegis in and drink alot of water. I'm happy were I am but would love to get back into the 150's. I'm wearing sizes 10's and some 8's. Never in a million years did I think I'd be wearing those sizes except in shoes! I notice that when I have a week go by that I can't work out that I very quickly lose the firmness in my waist. That drives me nuts! If I don't drink my water I find I'm more hungry too. So my water schedule is jsut that a schedule. I drink 8oz in the morning when I first get up. BEfore I even have breakfast. While I'm walking the dog I'm chugging the water. About an hour after I eat breakfast when I'm on my way into work I'm also have a decaf coffee or tea. During the daytime I'm sipping water on a regular basis so that I have another two 8oz glasses total then as I'm driving home from work I'm drinking another bottle of that stuff! Then another hour after dinner I'm chugging again! The last one I drink just before I go to bed. Yup that means Im up during the night but it also means that I'm full when I go to bed and it flushes out the system. Its not easy doing the required liquids but this works for me. I did find Im in love with the snack well sugar free cookies shortbreak in particular. Can't have them in the house. I ate 6 cookies in a few minutes time without even thinking about it. When I realized what I had done (i was reading while standing a big no no) I threw the whole box away. Those cookies are evil. Just cause they are sugar free doesn't mean they dont have calories!!!! I also count the calories. I eat about 1500 to 1800 a day. I read somewhere that is what you need to eat to maintaine. If you don't eat enough you can become sick. 1000 seems like a very small amount for anyone. In fact if I don't eat enough then I don't lose cause my body says hey your starving we better hold on to some stuff here. we sure do have a different life than we had before. One i'd never change I'd never go back to before. I like being who I am now. I love not wearing a seat belt extender in the car or on planes. I love being able to walk and breath and go up and down stairs without even thinking about how awful i feel. I feel fantastic. i can run! i fit in a kayake! good luck and god bless, pam
frea2bea
on 12/23/06 3:40 am - COlorado Springs, CO
Topic: Recent gain is a BIG loss for me...HELP!
I have a friend who is having a lap-banding 1/11/07. I referred her to OH.com some time ago. I don't know if the site has been helpful to her, but it reminded me of how helpful it was to be before, and just after my surgery- 2+yrs ago. I want to get support here again, as I have gained some of my weight back. I began @ 282, 4/04. All time low was 7/05 @153#. (After Gall Bladder surgery) I've gained to 179#, and am as scared as can be about where I am headed if I don't do something about it FAST! I am renewing my commitment to Slim & Tone. Trying to get in there 3x/wk. I eat about every three hrs. This, I think might be too much... I need to test going longer, and not having snacks available at my desk @ wk. In the past, if I waited more than 3 hrs, my sugar would drop, and I'd get nauseated. My goal is to see 1/2 my all-time high by our 3rd yr anniversary. April 2007. 4 full months to loose it, and some changes to make. My clothes are tight, I don't want to buy more(especially larger) stuff. By reading the most recent posts I see that we're all in varying degrees going throught the same thing... At least I don't feel all alone in this gain. But THIS gain is a big loss for me, and I don't feel good about me or the things I do...
frea2bea
on 12/23/06 3:17 am - COlorado Springs, CO
Hi Mechelle, I , to have been away from the web site for a LONG time. I remembered how much suport I was abl to pull from this site before, and just after my surgery, so I'm back. I, too eat about every 3 hrs, and feel symptomaticaly a sugar drop when I go longer than that. I eat a little at a time. Usually beginning with 1-3 oz protein, then veggies. Still do very little "Breads". Just can't eat the rest of the day when I eat bread-like a rock in my tummy. I drink alot of water, and drink most of my 8 glasses 1st thing in the am, or I just don't get it in... I try to get to Slim & tone 3-5x/wk. Exerccise helps allow me to eat,be hungrier. USUAL snack is salade...then I don't feel guilty for intake. Can usually eat a whole cup of lettus. I've set a date for April 2007 to have the "rest" of my weight off.
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views