Recent Posts

Jaime_C
on 4/1/05 6:28 am - Moreno Valley, CA
Topic: One Year for Me, Too!
One year ago today, I took a leap of faith. I wrote a check for half of all we had, hoping to regain my life. Today, I have so many options available to me that I am paralyzed by possibility. Today I choose life. One year ago today, I was planning to live the rest of my life in a wheelchair. Today I celebrate the action I took to support my hope that would not be so. I had finally found a doctor willing to go the extra mile - to right that which had been done wrong to my spine. To prepare, I needed to lose as much weight as possible in six months. I wanted, needed, and deserved WLS. One year ago, all I wanted was to be able to walk again. Today, I want to run. Today I want to swim. Today I want to dance. Today I walk without pain. One year ago today. Jaime 240/160/145
janiej
on 4/1/05 5:46 am - Independence, IA
Topic: RE: My Surgiversary! I'm a toddler today!
Lara ~~ I loved your post and am soooo congratulating you on your losses. I wish I could write so eloquently (and it's obvious that I can't). You say the things we all feel in words I can't put them into. Will you write my thoughts on my birthday too!! ha ha.. Congrats again and where we've come from and road we're continuing down. Janie
Staci J.
on 4/1/05 5:26 am - Clifton Park, NY
Topic: RE: Looking for Apr 26er's ??????????????????????????????????????????
Hey there! I'm an April 26ther too!!! Can you guys believe it's been almost a YEAR?!?!?!?! I've been drafting my "Bandiversary Post" in my head for about a week now. Down -93 lbs. from highest, so it looks like I may even make the CENTURY CLUB by 4/26! Congrats everyone! A Toast to us ALLL! Staci LapBand 4/26/05 267/174/135-145???
cawshells
on 4/1/05 4:17 am - Baltimore, MD
Topic: RE: No Progress Last 3 Months
I sooo relate to this too. I just don't have the "drive" either. I thought I was the only one. I've been stuck for the last couple months too. I can eat most everything now so I don't have that built in "no" factor. If I want it I can have it just not a lot of it. I don't have the fight in me to start restricting myself either. So slide over I'm in the boat with ya.
Dedicated
on 4/1/05 3:13 am - Eleva, WI
Topic: OT - Slap your co-worker day
SLAP YOUR CO-WORKER DAY Today is the official Slap Your Irritating Co-workers Holiday: Do you have a co-worker who talks nonstop about nothing, working your last nerve with tedious and boring details that you don't give a damn about? Do you have a co-worker who ALWAYS screws up stuff creating MORE work for you? Do you have a co-worker who kisses so much booty, you can look in their mouth and see what your boss had for lunch? Do you have a co-worker who is SOOO obnoxious, when he/she enters a room, everyone else clears it? Well, on behalf of Ike Turner, I am so very very glad to officially announce tomorrow as SLAP YOUR IRRITATING CO-WORKER DAY! There are the rules you must follow: * You can only slap one person per hour - no more. * You can slap the same person again if they irritate you again in the same day. * You are allowed to hold someone down as other co-workers take their turns slapping the irritant. * No weapons are allowed...other than going upside somebody's head with a stapler or a hole-puncher. * CURSING IS MANDATORY! After you have slapped the recipient, your "assault" must be followed with something like "cause I'm sick of your stupid-a$$ always messing up stuff!" * If questioned by a supervisor or police, {if the supervisor is the irritant} you are allowed to LIE, LIE, LIE! Now, study the rules, break out your list of folks that you want to slap the living day lights out of and get to slapping.....and have a great day
Donna Paige
on 4/1/05 1:55 am - Pottstown, PA
Topic: RE: April Fools' Day - Food Journals
Today was about 4 ounces of chili for lunch. Probably 3 mozarelli sticks for dinner. I'm still sick with a virus cold yuckyy something or other.
Just Janice
on 4/1/05 1:22 am - Houston, TX
Good Morning! I am still here...surviving my daughter's first sleepover guest...at 4 yo...who left at 2:45 this am..LOL Breakfast... Coffee and lots of it! Chicken with cheese and hot sauce...just ate it at 11:00 am, so it is actually lunch, but I will have something for my actual lunch a little later Lunch Either an iced coffee with Isopure Vanilla, or chicken with cheese and hot sauce Dinner I can't wait! I had the sick urge to make a lasagna for tonight! I love lasagna...however, I am going to just save some filling for moi and forgo the noodles...oooey gooooey cheese...yuuuummmmmmmmmmy! snacks I bought some smokehouse almonds last night, so prolly a few of those mozz stick I need to get back on the ball.....Easter did me in!!! Janice
Josie C.
on 4/1/05 12:41 am - High Desert, CA
It's going to be a long day...the April Fooler's are coming out early B = Carb Control Smoothie - Berries 'n Cream L = 3/4c Hamburger Gravy D = 3oz Roast Beef...I think S = I brought in some Sunflower Seeds and SF Pudding Starting on my water in about 15 minutes...drank my breakfast in the car. 343/330/244/180-for PS
(deactivated member)
on 3/31/05 11:50 pm - South of Boston, MA
Topic: RE: 4/1 Reflections
Wise words, Paula! Thanks and congrats on this year, and continued success to you in the coming year(s)... Melting Mama * "Flaming enthusiasm, backed up by horse sense and persistence, is the quality that most frequently makes for success." D. Carnegie HW- 313+ SW- 298 CW- 144 GW- 130 www.meltingmama.blogspot.com/
(deactivated member)
on 3/31/05 11:33 pm - South of Boston, MA
Topic: RE: My Surgiversary! I'm a toddler today!
Way to go - April baby numero uno! Who woulda thunk it - right? You entire post makes perfect sense to me. While I enjoy this new sense of self - it IS bizarre how others now take notice of me when before I was merely avoided. Anyway - onward and upward, err, downward, err?! CHEERS! Beth Being *****y and unstable is all part of my mystique. http://meltingmama.blogspot.com/ 313/298/144/130
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views