Recent Posts

thin_tyme
on 4/2/05 8:29 am - WY
Topic: RE: lieing about losing more weight!!!!!!
Lara, Amen, it is my journey. I do have the right to lose all that I wish, of course within healthy perimiters. I'll remember that!! It is my journey! It is my journey! It is my journey! It is my journey!It is my journey!It is my journey! Thank you! Mechelle
thin_tyme
on 4/2/05 8:26 am - WY
oops, sorry Beth, it was you who said that I say My Dr. told me to get to_____________. I just had ane "aged" moment. Mechelle
thin_tyme
on 4/2/05 8:24 am - WY
Beth I think it has a lot to do with looking so different now. I certainly don't hear them saying things to people who weigh less. Naw, I won't lie, I just considered it and like Lara said "I'm listening to my Dr." Mechelle 283/156.5/140
Dawn C.
on 4/2/05 8:02 am - Pittsburgh, PA
Topic: RE: -304 lb**** that milestone and missed it, swoosh!
Wow you lost 2 people!!!! You both have done so well you should be really proud! I know the thought of lugging around that extra weigh is unbelievable isn't it. Congratulations! Dawn
Dawn C.
on 4/2/05 7:59 am - Pittsburgh, PA
I haven't had people say that directly but when I say I want to lose another 30 lbs. which would put me at about 165 ( I am 5"7") they look at me like I am nuts. I think they are just not used to seeing me this way. And I probably look like I weigh less than I do. I know I am wearing a smaller size than when I was at 192 before. I just squeezed myself into size 14 pants and I know I was wearing an 18/20 at this weight before. I am the one that lives in the body so I am going to do what I need to do to be happy in it. The heck with everyone else. Dawn 287/192/165
(deactivated member)
on 4/1/05 10:34 pm - South of Boston, MA
Thanks, Lara. I just told DH in an IM (he's at his other job) that we'd passed the 300 lb. mark. He's surprised! Even more surprised that he's just about passed me up loss-wise since he's 5 weeks behind me. He was nice about it though - he's like "Well, I did have more to lose!" He did/does... he's at 190 today... goal weight is about 175 (which is higher than the medical ideal weight --- of like 150 --- but he'd look so LITTLE I think?!) Beth There is no point at which you can say, "Well, I'm successful now.  I might as well take a nap."  http://meltingmama.blogspot.com/
(deactivated member)
on 4/1/05 10:24 pm - South of Boston, MA
Yep! If you put it that way- I've lost 154 lbs- which is ten pounds MORE than I weigh today- so I was lugging around ME plus a bowling ball?! No wonder I felt like @$$ a lot of the time! Beth There is no point at which you can say, "Well, I'm successful now.  I might as well take a nap."  http://meltingmama.blogspot.com/
Sue B
on 4/1/05 10:05 pm - WI
I know - that IS amazing! CONGRATS on that HUGE loss! I was thinking a similar thing, my Hubby weighs 134# (he cannot gain weight & is trying so hard to get to 140) ... I have LOST 141# ... which means that I was carrying one of him on me + one of our fuzz ball kitties on my back & I just cannot imagine having that much extra weight on me .... how did we do it?? Sue 318/176/160
Larakatya
on 4/1/05 9:03 pm - Twin Cities, MN
Wow. You 2 are amazing! CONGRATS! ~Lara
(deactivated member)
on 4/1/05 8:14 pm - South of Boston, MA
Topic: -304 lb**** that milestone and missed it, swoosh!
Okay, I was gonna say, think about that for a minute, 304 lbs, of fat. Pure sticky gooey fat. Where the hell where we hiding it?! Don't answer that. :-x As of this morning- since Bob is on a roll lately with the weight loss (he's four lbs short of my loss, just about to pass me up- GROWL!), we're down a combined 304 lbs. EWW EWW EWW! That's an entire pre-operative ME gone. SWOO****'s gross in a way, but still amazing. Wild, I'm not thinking about it anymore. Eww. Beth I gave up jogging because my thighs kept rubbing together and setting my pantyhose on fire. HW- 313 SW- 298 CW- 144 GW- 130 http://meltingmama.blogspot.com/
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views