Recent Posts

lacmike
on 4/3/05 6:55 am - York, PA
Topic: RE: Finally, a picture on my profile
Beth, Thank you for the lovely compliment. I almost fear how you thought I looked. Nick my sometime boyfriend told me those pictures made me look like a witch and that I am a 60 year old woman. Guess he won't be my boyfriend this week... My height is a question. I always thought I was about 5'7 1/2 but my license says 5'8 and my OB GYN listed me at 5'9. I say 5'8. Thanks again for the beautiful compliment. Lori 258/149/148...140
lacmike
on 4/3/05 6:51 am - York, PA
Topic: RE: Can't believe this has almost been a year
When I was at my 9 month appointment I asked my surgeon how much more weight he wanted me to loose. I was exactly down 100 lbs that day. Dr. Monk said whatever you are comfortable with. At that point I said OK, I will do what my body tells me to do. If I can loose more weight then I will, if I can't then I am happy where I am. In November, I thought I looked good but I was still overweight. But now I look at myself and think WOW, I can not believe it is me in the mirror. I believe they consider a 70-80 percent weight loss a success then you are WLS success. Regardless if you went from being severly obese like me to normal, or even just overweight I still consider you a success. If you are happy where you are at I would just now work at maintaining your weight. Just keep up with the good habits you learned this past year. Lori 258/149/148....140
(deactivated member)
on 4/3/05 6:48 am - South of Boston, MA
Lori- You are a very beautiful woman. Isn't it odd how we picture people "in our heads" - and you don't match the vision I had of you. You're one hot mama! Way to go on your success - and I have to ask again, how tall are you?! Beth There is no point at which you can say, "Well, I'm successful now.  I might as well take a nap."  http://meltingmama.blogspot.com/
baddgurrl
on 4/3/05 6:40 am - Chino Valley, AZ
Topic: Can't believe this has almost been a year
It's hard for me to believe it has almost been a year since surgery, I am very happy with my loss but it seems for at least the last month maybe even two I have not lost anything. I think my size has changed a little but the weight is the same. I am fine with it like this, but last time I saw my surgeon he said he thought 40 more pounds, is that his goal or what is considered normal?? I mean I never did this surgery thinking of how I would look, honestly for my own health and comfort. So If I am fine at this weight does that mean not actively fighting to get more weight off I am failing at the surgery? I believeat this point I am overweight, not obese so if I can live with it why beat myself up over it? Anyone else have any thoughts or feeling similar at this time?????????
Larakatya
on 4/2/05 4:05 pm - Twin Cities, MN
You are STUNNING! Way to GO! ~Lara
Larakatya
on 4/2/05 4:05 pm - Twin Cities, MN
You are STUNNING! Way to GO! ~Lara
Suzanne T.
on 4/2/05 12:18 pm - saint george, KS
Topic: RE: No Progress Last 3 Months
I hope you get this, I just noticed you posted a week ago. I too have lost my enthusiam for keeping on the straight and narrow. I dont know what to do about it. I know what I'm doing wrong and I know what I have to do to get back on track, but knowing and doing are 2 different things. I'm thrilled with my wt. loss....125 lbs, but, like you, I havent lost anything in the last 3 mos. I also got off track with Christmas goodies and have eaten forbidden things ever since. I have never dumped, and this frightens me because I dont have that "tool" to keep me from eating. Just this evening I had a piece of cake with yummy frosting at a friends birthday party. I do tend to ramble on and on, but I guess you get the picture....I'm in the same boat as you are and I dont know what to do about it. Hang in there, Suzanne
lacmike
on 4/2/05 12:03 pm - York, PA
Topic: Finally, a picture on my profile
OK all, This is long past due and the profile is not really what I want and I have been negligent with keeping our WLS updated but my daughter took some pictures of me today, in a size 6 dress at 149 lbs and I was able to put them on the profile. I will have my mom email me the before picture and put that one on next. Take a peak! Lori 258/149/148...but would love to get to 140
Suzanne T.
on 4/2/05 11:59 am - saint george, KS
Topic: RE: What a YEAR!!!
Hi all! My anniversary is also April 1st. It's been one yr already! I've lost 125 lbs, but havent lost ANY in the last 3 months. I dont know if its a plateau, or if its the fact that I can eat sooo much and even some things that arent the best. I guess I'll have to up the exercise....I know most of you like to exercise, but I HATE it. I have never dumped, and this really frightens me, cuz without that, it seems too easy to eat all those forbidden things. Sounds like I'm really whining and I guess I am. I do want to say that I feel sooooo much better with the 125 lbs off my body tho, so I will quit my whining for now. Thanks for listening. Keep up the good work everybody and keep on being great losers! Suzanne
thin_tyme
on 4/2/05 8:32 am - WY
Topic: RE: lieing about losing more weight!!!!!!
Dawn, You also have a great line. "I am the one that lives in the body so I am going to do what I need to do to be happy in it. The heck with everyone else. " Thank you Mechelle
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views